Solo I made for a contest (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo I made for a contest (video)

Well, being that this is a guitar forum and I've never showcased any of my playing, I figured I should probably at some point or another.

There was a contest to write a solo the Avenged Sevenfold song 'Almost Easy' off their new album. This is actually the first solo I've ever written really. Honest. Never been much of a lead player.

The video quality is terrible, hence the bad tone, but I figured I'd at least show my playing/face on here for once.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And no, my PRS doesn't sound like that in person all ya'll PRS haters can just keep your mouth shut about the tone!
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 12-01-2007, 12:01 AM.
    DayGlo

Re: Solo I made for a contest (video)

Very cool, great playing, cool phrasing. Sounds very natural with the song.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
      Very cool, great playing, cool phrasing. Sounds very natural with the song.
      Thanks man, that really means a lot.
      DayGlo

Comment

i thought it sounded pretty good
        Guitars:
        Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/85
        Amps:
        Peavey Valveking 50watt
        Originally posted by the_Chris
        You gotta love it when Korn gives Head to God.

Comment

I think it was pretty good, but honestly it was kind of hard to hear it clearly. I'm glad to hear you play some Avenged Sevenfold though. That kind of breaks the mold from the usual youtube covers of GNR and Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by edsmith View Post
            I think it was pretty good, but honestly it was kind of hard to hear it clearly. I'm glad to hear you play some Avenged Sevenfold though. That kind of breaks the mold from the usual youtube covers of GNR and Metallica.
            Yeah, the audio is really crappy. The original copy sounds MUCH better but I was in a hurry to get it up as there was a deadline for posting the video to win the contest (which I'm pretty sure I still missed ) and I'd never uploaded anything to the tube before.
            DayGlo

Comment

I see a man's toilet !

Sounds really natural ,and the bendings are really cool...It looks like the song fitts your style well
              www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Working...
              X