Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Well IX

Default Re: The Well IX

You have a lusty eye and a special taste for gear. Describe your spiral into gear addiction.

What is your most embarrasing moment? What happened?

What is your favourite finish on a guitar? If your favourite finish depends on the guitar, what is your favourite finish on your favourite guitar?

What is your dream job?
    Gunny asked you what your favourite restaurant is... hard question. These will be even harder:
    What is your favourite main course meal?

What is your favourite entree?

What is your favourite desert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jerryjg View Post
    I'll ask you one more question if I may. , but it will be in two parts > lol.
    1) What would you say about the Fender Telecaster?
    2) What would you say about Bruce"The Boss" Springstten?
    Ask away...keep them coming!

1-The Fender Telecaster may very well be the perfect electric guitar! I think that in the right hands a Telecaster can cover EVERYTHING from jazz to country to rock, surf, blues...name it, if you've got a Tele, it's in there!

2-Bruce is a great artist and I have a lot of respect for him however I just never connect to his music...it doesn't do it for me...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    You have a lusty eye and a special taste for gear. Describe your spiral into gear addiction.

What is your most embarrasing moment? What happened?

What is your favourite finish on a guitar? If your favourite finish depends on the guitar, what is your favourite finish on your favourite guitar?
    What is your dream job?
    THANKS!

Well, my dad had a friend that had a house full of old gear...stuff from the 40's up to the 70's and I noticed that his stuff, even beat up and looking terrible sounded and played better than new stuff, I also noticed that he had several vintage Strats and they all sounded different...that just amazed me! That really got me into the gear end of things...I had to know why those 4 or 5 Strats sounded different then I had to know why they also sounded different that 5 new strats and why, to me his Strats sounded better than new Strats!

After a year or 2 of going to every music store and guitar show I could get to and playing everything they'd let me get to I found my first guitar that spoke to me...my Moderne...it was indeed all down hill after that!

most embarrasing moment...Hmm, no to sure to be honest.

Fav finish...it just depends on the guitar...in general I tend to prefer more traditional colours...sunbursts, blonds, naturals etc...I really like the iced tea burst on my R8, I also love the look or real limba in a real Korina finish...it all just depends however the colour is way down the line in importance to me...

Dream Job...rock star of course!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Gunny asked you what your favourite restaurant is... hard question. These will be even harder:
    What is your favourite main course meal?
    What is your favourite entree?
    What is your favourite desert?
    Hmm...I wasn't able to nail down one restruant and I don't think this will be any easier...

I can tell you this...I love a good steak, I don't eat them often for sevral reasons but I do enjoy them from time to time, Im also love good mexican food, I am also a complete sucker for a killer burger and a lot of times I'll cook myself a nice down home dinner...green beans, black eyes peas, mashed taters, cornbread...no meat just some good veggies and some cornbread. ON the desert front I love pecan pie and any kind of Ice Cream with caramel and nuts in it...FWIW, I am also a bog fan of good beers and spend a lot of time trying new beers and yes, I do change my beer drinking wiht the season. I also love a good latte...

from my usual bag of well questions:

If you had a super power what would it be?

Favorite super hero or villian?

favorite character from a movie?

Time travel...I could get some killer gear that way!

When you say super hero I think comic book style and if thats the deal Im a Batman fan...but I prefer the newer/darker Batman

I have so many fav movies it's be too hard to pick just one character from just one movie...
    Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 12-02-2007 at 08:25 AM.

guest1234

What's your inspiration to pick up the guitar when you do and play? There's more to it with you than 'what the heck, why not?'. What inspires you to pick it up and play it each time that you do?

Are you this big of a punk in person?

Are you ready to give me your KoT and Teese because they suck?

How many pairs of work gloves do you go through a week?
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

guest1234

Since Luke clearly has no use for a Teese, will you give it to me?

when are we gonna jam again?
    "The only two things in life that make it worth living is guitars that tune good and firm-feeling women."__Waylon Jennings.

"Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades"

Quote Originally Posted by chopstherocker View Post

Sure I do, it's all about science. I must measure their suck aptitude. Unfortunately that takes about 40-50 years, but you can have them when I'm done....

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

guest1234

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post
    Sure I do, it's all about science. I must measure their suck aptitude. Unfortunately that takes about 40-50 years, but you can have them when I'm done....

Luke
    I'll live long enough just for that. Will power is an amazing thing isn't it?

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar

Where, and when did you have your perfect onstage moment?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Can you describe the perfect tone that you're aiming for?
    How close to it are you?

If you could get the chops of one famous guitarist, who would it be?

Aceman is MR SPEED JB_From_Hell's Avatar

Have you heard Oysterhead? If so, whaddya think?

If I ever make it to Atlanta to visit my brother, are you up for an evening of beer & loud music?

What's your inspiration to pick up the guitar when you do and play? There's more to it with you than 'what the heck, why not?'. What inspires you to pick it up and play it each time that you do?
    Playing is one thing that I want to do all the time...most days I can hardly wait to get of work so I can come home and play. I play guitar as often as possible and to be honest I don't know where the inspiration comes from but I know I feel inspired all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post
    Are you this big of a punk in person?
    Are you ready to give me your KoT and Teese because they suck?
    How many pairs of work gloves do you go through a week?

Yes
    No
    A pair of work gloves last me about 2-3 months

No but if you want a wah pedal you should buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by blueslegend8 View Post
    when are we gonna jam again?
    That my man is up to you...Im always up for a pickin session!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_bees View Post
    Where, and when did you have your perfect onstage moment?
    I haven't had a perfect yet and I might never but I have had several really good ones! I feel that there is always room from improvement however I try not to get too hung up on certian things like my tone, if I missed a not, if the tempo felt off...as long as I had fun and the people in the crowd had fun then it was a good gig!

One of my favorite things is when somebody from the crowd comes up after a set or after the show and tells me that they really liked my playing...when you really connect with people on that level it's a very special moment.