X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Originally posted by theodie View Post
    LOL!!!!.......I take it you have done both then???

Please tell us the stories.
    i closed the beard in the car door more times that id like to mention, ya drop yer butt in the seat and close the door in one fluid motion but the beard didnt move fast enough sometimes. if it was only one or two whiskers then they got yanked out. OUCH!! if it was more than it jerked my head which wasnt much fun either.

i only burned it with a soldering iron once. i was wiring up something and for whatever reason i put the soldering iron in my mouth, like pirates did with their knifes when climbing ropes. everything was fine till my gf hollered something at me and i turned to see what she was carring on about. sizzle sizzle. smelled like hell for about an hour and since it was attached to my face its kinda hard to get away from the smell. even after i shampoo'd the thing id still get a whiff once in a while for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
      What is your favourite note on the guitar, and in what position?
      im gonna go with the low G on the low E string bent up to A or the C on the A string bent up to the D, lots of personality and power low on the neck

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
        I'll choose my two standard questions..

Can you name one single band or artist that you think should be obligatory listening for us kids?

Can you elaborate on a single event in your life, that you feel others can learn from as well?
        im gonna say the funk brothers. kinda cheating cause they played with soo many people but there is lots to learn from it. james jamersons amazing bass playing, the groove is so deep you can swim in it and the groove is king. if you aint got it, i dont want it. there is lots of players all playing at the same time but the sparse nature of the parts means you can hear each one, laying back and playing great rhythm is a lost art for lots of folks, young and old. understanding how much more powerful parts can be if there is dynamic flow, the quiet parts make the loud parts much more potent. if you studied that band for a year you would still learn new stuff every day

when i was going to school to be an engineer in hartford, ct i left and transfered schools to be closer to my gf at the time. who i loved dearly and probably would have married. i did two dumb things that you shouldnt do.

1- if you are on the right course, dont change it for anyone
        2- if you find a person special enough to marry, dont cheat on them

Comment

^ Awesome post all around.

What do you get jealous over?

What do you do with your free time?
          Originally posted by Kanye West
          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
            Jeremy...I want to first thank you for all the good advice you have given...you are always a great help to me.?
            thanks bill, im glad i can help

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
            You are on your way to a gig....you pull into a quick shop to take a leak and someone steals your gear out of your ride....You have a credit card with a limit of $1000.00 and you have to go to GC to get gear to play the gig.....What would you buy to cover your gig that night?
            i usually dont stop to piss, ill fill a bottle and toss it out the window before ill pull over

assuming that i cant track down the guy and whoop his ass...

a 20' cable, glass bottle slide, set of dr pure blues 11's

id look for a used blues jr or other small tube amp with a decent speaker, something that sounds good when cranked up and that cleans up when you roll back the volume control.

for a guitar id look for a strat or tele with a chunky neck that sounds good into the amp. mexi or squier or off brand, whatever. doesnt matter as long as it sounds ok. if i cant find one of them then i grab the epiphone sg that has the best neck position tone into that amp. i have the guitarget sales monkey restring the guitar and while he is distracted i find and swap the best tubes i can from whatever they have in the store. after im done with the illicit tube swap, i go finish restringing the guitar (cause im sure the monkey will be slow) and give it a quick setup. actions gotta be high enough that i can play slide and the crappy fretwork doesnt cause any notes to die prematurely and the low notes cant be farty thru the amp. i ask the monkey about his hours tomorrow, give him $20 and walk out with my new gear, knowing full well that i will be back tomorrow to return all this crap preferably when my sales monkey isnt there

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
              What do you get jealous over?
              i used to get jealous over my gf hanging out with other guys, now i guess i just dont worry about it. if she doesnt love me enough to be faithful then we shouldnt be together. there are alot of things that used to make me envious that i dont really worry about any more. not really sure why. i try to accept people for who and what they are and not let little stuff bother me. im sure there is something that i get jealous over but i cant bring it to mind right now

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
              What do you do with your free time?
              phree thyme? what is that?

i keep pretty busy so as to keep myself out of trouble but ill wind some pups, work on guitars, tweak amps, work on or ride my motorcycle if its summer. read a book, go for a hike or bike ride, go check out some live music, hang out with friends, some of which have kids and everyone loves uncle jeremy. horseshoes, foosball, darts, lots of listening to music, a little watching tv mostly discovery channel/history channel/national geographic type stuff or cartoons. family guy, simpsons, king of the hill, courage the cowardly dog, futurama, south park, stuff like that as well as classic roadrunner, bugs bunny stuff too. if i had more free time id like to go work on this some more http://www.theonrust.com/Blog/Entrie...9_Entry_1.html
              both my parents retired this year and this is what they have been spending some of their time on

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
                I officially now know more about jeremy after reading this thread for 7 minutes then I had learned in the previous 7 years of hanging out on these boards. Considering how easily he can be swayed into leaving gin soaked steamers unattended at the local shopping mall I am glad that he is in New York and that I am not.

Rock on Bro!
                all ya gotta do is ask, i tend not to be very chatty but ask a question and ill give ya an honest answer.

i dont like gin much actually. i like my whiskey.
                there was a juniper bush right outside the door at my parents house and i must have eaten the berrys when i was young or something. i cant stand the smell of sahti either, a friend of mine per loves that crap. the fact that the mall was given as an example makes it easy to consider droppin a dugan there. i hate the mall and the sheeple that flock there in droves. im not into consumerism

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  im not into consumerism
                  What three isms are you most into? What three are you least into?
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

is guitarism a word? if so thats #1 if not i just made it up and it's still #1 and it means everything to do with guitars and the noises they create.

environmentalism - not in the save the pretty flower way, but more i wanna be able to go catch a fish in the river, eat it and not get sick kinda way.

voyeurism - i like to watch my hot neighbors naked

dont like:

elitism/classism - no one is that great, dont be so full of yourself, help those less fortunate than you

racism - judge a persons character, not color

consumerism - you dont need the newest biggest tv to watch all the commercials on, especially since the one you bought last year still works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      i think pants would be a necessity, it gets cold up here and if im going to be walking around with an erection all the time id hate to have it get frost bitten
                      And I have a new sig line.

Thanks for your earnest answers to my questions, both serious and stupid!
                      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Do you think Y should be included with the other vowels? Why or why not?
                        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

no, y is a wanna be vowel. it doesnt deserve to be with aeiou

Comment

How do you feel about the boutique market? Are there any types of gear that are more suited to this industry than others?
                            (eg. boo-teek pedals are great, boo-teek electronics not so great)
                            Originally posted by Kanye West
                            Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

i think its blown out of proportion and people put too much value on somethings, rather than learning to play and work with what they have. on the other hand its nice that people appreciate good tone, even if they dont know how to get it or what to do with it once they do.

would i like a cornish? sure but i sure dont need one and for that amount of money i can build an amp or a guitar or ...

i think its great that there is such variety of good stuff out there and i think it forces the big manufacturers to up their game a little. i guess it all comes down to if there is a market and people are willing to pay what you charge then i find it hard to find fault with these guys even if i probably wont buy their stuff.

my favorite overdrive is a barber ltd which i got used for $75 and run at 18v which made all the difference. is that boutique? probably, its by a fairly small company but even new they arent much more than a boss or tubescreamer

ill be turning this over to the next guy later on today

Comment

Working...
                              X