Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well #14 - Welcome to WahWah World!

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
    In regard to your career as a chimney sweep:

Tell the truth - Mary Poppins was a cougar in the sack, wasn't she? She had to be. All prim and buttoned up with those rosy cheeks. I'll bet once you got her hair down and those boots off of her she turned into a ravenous slutbeast. So... details? Into the dirty stuff, right? Do tell.
    Mary Poppins could suck the chrome off an exhaust pipe.

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
    Second, in regard your secondary career as a guitar person:

Two cyclists start biking from a trail’s start 3 hours apart. The second cyclist travels at 10 miles per hour and starts 3 hours after the first cyclist who is traveling at 6 miles per hour. How much time will pass before the second cyclist catches up with the first from the time the second cyclist started biking?
    Um...... A minor? A Tube Screamer? Just under 6 hours?

Cheers...............................wahwah
    Highway Star
    Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
    Mistreated
    Cause We Ended As Lovers
    Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
    Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Do all the toey babes throw themselves at you after your concerts?
      Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
        Did you ever kidnapped by a dingo when you were a baby?
        I can't remember, I was only a baby. But you would think that my folks would have mentioned it. Then again, maybe not. So I would have to say, possibly. Most Aussie kids get kidnapped by dingos at least once, so I'll say yes, just to be safe. Yes, I was kidnapped by a dingo when I was a baby.

Cheers.............................wahwah
        Highway Star
        Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
        Mistreated
        Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
          Do all the toey babes throw themselves at you after your concerts?
          No, not all of them.

Highway Star
          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
          Mistreated
          Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

you forgot to tell them about our pet Kangaroos, Koalas and Wombats.

Ps;Was Grant Walsh doing "front of house" when you worked with 'Farnham"?
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
              You've gotten the chance to do what many folks dream of doing for a living , which is excellent.
              But do you ever think of what's down the road for you , and if you want to continue doing this or would you like to do something a little more 9-5?
              I've definitely wondered what is down the road for me, but I have spent the past couple of years studying the notion that neither the past nor the future exist as anything other than thought, and that the only moment which actually exists is now. I am learning that it is completely useless to worry about the future because it doesn't exist. I can make my little plans, but there is no guarantee that they won't be replaced by some other eventuality. Besides, worrying about anything is destructive to the entire being. As long as I get the sense that I am providing a service to myself and others through playing music, I will continue to do it. I like the freedoms that it provides in my life, and I have also enjoyed the process of watching all of my initial motivations and delusions of glamour dissolve before my eyes, leaving service as the only motivation which has any substance. If this changes, then I will change with it, but for now, this is my perception.

There is nothing about the 9 to 5 existence which appeals to me. I've seen enough people around me pass from this plane of existence to know that the notion of security is an illusion that can be shattered in an instant. I am learning that the truly important things in life, like peace and love, are not to be found in the outer world, but exist within and always have. As a result, I am no longer looking for them in the world around me, where they are not to be found with any form of permanence. I believe in finding a way to do what you love and love what you do, whilst still providing a service. Then it becomes a service fueled by love, which I believe carries more substance than a service fueled by a sense of duty, especially if it involves or generates some form of resentment. It doesn't matter what form the service takes, guitarist, plumber, window cleaner, it's all the same. The only important element is the intent behind the service. For me, that means being a musician, for now. It means that I have to be prepared to take on all manner of work as a musician, and that I will not always have the luxury of choosing what it is that I will be playing, but that fits in perfectly with my larger quest of gradually dissolving the ego, which is a whole other story in itself, but intimately tied in with these notions.

Now I'm off to rest under the Bodhi tree and contemplate my navel.

Cheers..................................wahwah
              Highway Star
              Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
              Mistreated
              Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                you forgot to tell them about our pet Kangaroos, Koalas and Wombats.

Ps;Was Grant Walsh doing "front of house" when you worked with 'Farnham"?
                Lord Tosh was indeed the man. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing that gig.

Should we tell them about the Dropbears as well? And all our other cuddly wildlife?

Highway Star
                Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                Mistreated
                Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                  It's fuzzy
                  What, the Bodhi tree or my navel?

Cheers................................wahwah
                  Highway Star
                  Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                  Mistreated
                  Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Did you try some extendet Range instruments like 7/8 or more string guitars/basses?
                    Can you imagine to use totally different guitar types than your beloved Strat?
                    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Wow...! Thanks a lot for giving me/us a great read as answer to my questions - that was most interesting! I am glad you let the personal taste shine through on the first question because I have never heard of Kossoff (I don't know if I should be saying this out loud..?)... I liked that you also could elaborate that thoroughly as to why you would recommend that music.. I will have to check out some of his works.. Thanks.
                      My Soundclick

Comment

Should we tell them about the Dropbears as well? And all our other cuddly wildlife?
                        Reveal it all! Educate them!

"Lord Tosh" well i never! "Tosh" or "Walshy" to me;but i suppose that depends on how far back one goes.

sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                          Did you try some extendet Range instruments like 7/8 or more string guitars/basses?
                          Can you imagine to use totally different guitar types than your beloved Strat?
                          I'm a very simple player db, any more than six strings and I would just be even more confused. I haven't really been drawn to the technical extremities, my path has been more about exploring the emotional depths, and playing the most common forms for the common man. It feels like there's more than enough there to occupy one lifetime! Although I've messed around with a baritone and that was great fun. I don't have one, but that's something I could imagine getting into.

I've tried a few other types of guitars. As I mentioned earlier, I had an '89 PRS Custom, and I tried really hard to like it, but it was just too wishy washy and indistinct. It was trying to be "every guitar" and only approximating any of them. I've got a Squire Tele that I really like, and I would love to have a real one, I think they're beautiful guitars. I love the sound of Les Pauls, but I don't enjoy playing them. I liken them to driving an automatic car. They almost seem to play themselves, and I guess I've gotten used to really having to wrestle with a Strat for a more intense result. But I love what other players do with Les Pauls, and the sound of a good one is such a classic rock thing. When they've got their action too low, they sound like toys, but that's the same for most guitars. One guitar I would love to have is a 335, it may seem odd but I think of them as a Strat player's Gibson. But my old Strat has been a loyal friend, it has been with me for my entire professional career, and we have an understanding.

Cheers.....................................wahwah
                          Highway Star
                          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                          Mistreated
                          Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                            Wow...! Thanks a lot for giving me/us a great read as answer to my questions - that was most interesting! I am glad you let the personal taste shine through on the first question because I have never heard of Kossoff (I don't know if I should be saying this out loud..?)... I liked that you also could elaborate that thoroughly as to why you would recommend that music.. I will have to check out some of his works.. Thanks.
                            If you're interested Tor, you might like to have a listen to the Free album "Fire and Water." Some truly beautiful guitar playing from an 18 year old Kossoff.

Cheers................................wahwah
                            Highway Star
                            Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                            Mistreated
                            Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
                              Mary Poppins could suck the chrome off an exhaust pipe.
                              And has, to the tune of a merry jig spontaneously written on the spot for just that occasion.
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                                Reveal it all! Educate them!

"Lord Tosh" well i never! "Tosh" or "Walshy" to me;but i suppose that depends on how far back one goes.

For sure. Well, I go back as far as when he was Geoff Wheadon's protege. We're showing our ages now Digger!

Highway Star
                                Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                                Mistreated
                                Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Working...
                                X