No announcement yet.

Lets see your Beater (guitar that is!).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets see your Beater (guitar that is!).

Originally posted by Sprinter View Post
    Thank you.

Sprinter
    how much do they run?
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by cream123 View Post
      how much do they run?

The SC-1 was only made in 1982 and 1983, and less than 250 were built. SC-1's, have been selling for $500 to $1,000 over the past couple of years. They were $300 new!

Sprinter
      Collings: '08 001-mhsb
      Dean: '02 Hardtail
      Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
      Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
      Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
      G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
      Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
      Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
      PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

most of my guitars are beaters..... MIM and MIA strats i use and abuse... old 80's super strats.....

but i guess the real beater is a parts guitar i have that sounds amazing but i've really messed it up sticking a floyd on it.... i had never installed a floyd and i messed it up.. i've done a lot of experiments on this axe... it has been the one i learn how to do new repair work on... after i mess up modding it that is... It started out as a single humbucker basswood body, birdseye maple neck parts strat... the parts were Lassido or whatever they were called... part of the Godin family in the late 80's... neck has killer birdseye! Body and neck where factory seconds so i scored them cheap...

since i messed up with the floyd and i lost some of the tone i liked out of that guitar by doing so, i have been toying with the idea to fill in the trem routes and make it a hardtail and refinnish the body... i'll have to fill in the nut area too... i'm going to install that FRO back on my Jackson were it belongs... The body has been thrown to the ground a few times and the humbucker route was done with a pocket knife by me in the early 90's... it's ugly as ever!!! the body seems to be split from the trem to the neck pocket as well.... must of been that last hard wack it took.... i'll have to fix that as well...
        Last edited by WhoFan; 02-08-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Well here's my creation as well as being "the beater" If you can get past the obvious connotation of EVH and see it for what it is, it actually a good lil 6 string. Built from parts I collected throughout the years, basically all no name parts except for the Floyd (which was given to me) I'd say the most expensive part on it is the '78 pup. All in all it's probably one of the best playing and sounding guitars I have. One of these days I'll paint it.....

Dave

IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/Spacetape/beater3.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Gibbo V90-easily the most trashed guitar I have, but a great player.

Comment

I don't really have a beater, I take care of all of my guitars regardless of how much they're worth, even my crappy squier strat and Epi LP special II

Comment

Originally posted by Spacetape View Post
                Well here's my creation as well as being "the beater" If you can get past the obvious connotation of EVH and see it for what it is, it actually a good lil 6 string. Built from parts I collected throughout the years, basically all no name parts except for the Floyd (which was given to me) I'd say the most expensive part on it is the '78 pup. All in all it's probably one of the best playing and sounding guitars I have. One of these days I'll paint it.....

Dave

IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/Spacetape/beater3.jpg[/IMG

i like the look of this one!!! i've been wanting to make a strat body and neck for a while now and i've toyed with the idea to lightly oil the parts for a mostly raw feel and look... is that body raw or does it have any oil or finnish?

Comment

The strat in the middle is my most beat up one I have....the Kramer is the most played though!

Comment

Kramer-nez

Stripped Ibanez RG550 and routed the neck pocket to fit a Kramer neck. Evolution bridge pickup, Ibanez stock mid, Breed neck. Since this picture I've upgraded the bridge to an original Ibanez Edge in black. You can see where the trem cavity was previously carved out to fit something else.

Gets all kinds of great tones. Positions 2 and 4 with the maple neck get some great Strat tones. Breed neck pickup is big and fat and rounds out the maple neck, then Evo bridge is just all out full on rock.

Comment

WhoFan,
                      Yeah the body was lightly oiled, the neck was also lightly oiled and then waxed ala Ernie Ball Musicman. The feel of the unfinished neck is amazing and also very addictive. Out of 20 plus guitars more than half have unfinished necks.

Dave

Comment

Thanlks for showing me those guitars guys...now....

Comment

Cool!! Keep em coming!!!
                          !

Comment

Originally posted by Spacetape View Post

I love that "Guitar" logo!

This is the closest I come to having a beater:

The body's not really worn, it's just a "relic" body I used for one of my 1st humbucker Telecasters.

I've got a broken leg right now, so the thing usually sits on my bed so I don't have to deal with putting it back in it's stand. And I keep knocking it off the bed in the middle of the night. The thing lands with a thud, and usually doesn't even go out of tune.

Comment

These are all ugly as sin, but by far the coolest guitar thread on this forum. Come on wahwah, you know you want to.
                              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

On the right. 1985 Aria Pro II RS Series. It was SSS originally but back in about '88 or '89 I was on an endless quest for "that Metallica crunch." So I routed of the body with a pocket knife to make room for a humbucker. First it was a JB then eventually ended up with an Invader. DiMarzio HS-3 neck and Fender single coil in the middle. It's a total mess underneath that pickguard.

Comment

Working...
                                X