This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XVII:Cooter McClarky goin' buck wild"

Question: does my avatar fill your heart with fear?
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Can you name one single artist or band that we should give a listen?

Can you elaborate on an experience in life that you think others can learn from as well?

What's your favorite real fotball (soccer) team?
      My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
        What are your two most embarrasing moments?
        I'm not easily embarrassed. But probably my most embarrassing moment is any time I see a rerun from when I was on Pimp My Ride. I came across as such a goon. But really, I don't care that much as it doesn't haunt me or anything. I just can't sit through the episode and watch it. It makes me cringe.

Second most embarrassing moment? Hmm. I'd really have to think on that one.

What is your favourite main course meal?
        Probably Pad Se Ew with some Thai fried rice.

What is your favourite dessert?
        Without a doubt, cheese cake with raspberry sauce and fresh berries.

What are your three favourite ways of spending spare time?
        Playing guitar, hanging out with my friends and this d@mn forum

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
        Plus he'll rip your arms off and defecate in the holes.
        That is the skunk ape way. He's a purty surly and stanky beast.

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
        Question: does my avatar fill your heart with fear?
        No, it actually makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. It makes me reminisce about my old bull dog.

Originally posted by Tor View Post
        Can you name one single artist or band that we should give a listen?
        I usually hate recommending bands as music is very subjective and personal. I realize a band that I absolutely adore, a lot of people my have an intense hatred for.

But as I've said, Strung Out is my favorite band. If you're into punk, metal or hard rock I'd give them a listen. They're so incredibly talented it blows my mind some times. Every member in that band is great at what they do.

Can you elaborate on an experience in life that you think others can learn from as well?
        Yes. It deals with my tour experience I elaborated on earlier in the thread but basically, don't be afraid to take chances. It was hard for me to quit my job and walk away from school but I'm incredibly glad I did, even if things didn't work out. I learned so much from that experience and honestly it helped me to get into my school of choice, gave me great stories, made me grow as a person and allowed me to see sights I never would have been able to had I passed on the opportunity.

Now I'm not saying that everyone should go run out, start a band and then go on tour. Rather, I think you should just take some chances here and there, especially when it comes to pursuing a dream of yours. Even if it doesn't work out, most often you can just pick up the pieces where you left off. It can be dangerous to do this as I know a lot of people who would have a hard time picking school back up, but I know several people who have had no problem doing so (me included). Basically, don't limit yourself to following the status quo. Go do the things you want to do (within reason of course) while you can. Don't be reckless with your life and waste it away, but life isn't a race. Take it at a pace that works best for you (once again, within reason).

What's your favorite real fotball (soccer) team?
        Probably my soccer team when I was in 5th grade. We were pretty rockin' that year from what I recall. Some real studs.
        Last edited by 3'scompany; 02-21-2008, 12:37 PM.
        DayGlo

Comment

i dont know why i want to know this about you but i do. How are the tires on your Nissan? How old are they and is there pleanty of tread left? If and when you need to get new tires, what type would you replace them with? 80,000 mile premiums? 40- 50,000 mile best quality or cheap 30,000 mile budgets?Do you have a good spare?
          Where do you go to get your oil changes? Do you get regular oil changes ?
          Do you do good maintenace on your truck? How old is the battery? Is it in clean shape or is there a bunch of crud around the terminals? Do you check the oil levels and have you ever opened the petcock and drained the old radiator fluid out and replaced it? Have you checked your belts and hoses for fraying/glazing on the belts or soft spots/bulges on the hose? Is there anything that currently needs attending to?do you have an automatic or standard. Do you keep the interior clean?Do you have an aftermarket stereo system?
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
            i dont know why i want to know this about you but i do. How are the tires on your Nissan? How old are they and is there pleanty of tread left? If and when you need to get new tires, what type would you replace them with? 80,000 mile premiums? 40- 50,000 mile best quality or cheap 30,000 mile budgets?Do you have a good spare?
            Where do you go to get your oil changes? Do you get regular oil changes ?
            Do you do good maintenace on your truck? How old is the battery? Is it in clean shape or is there a bunch of crud around the terminals? Do you check the oil levels and have you ever opened the petcock and drained the old radiator fluid out and replaced it? Have you checked your belts and hoses for fraying/glazing on the belts or soft spots/bulges on the hose? Is there anything that currently needs attending to?do you have an automatic or standard. Do you keep the interior clean?Do you have an aftermarket stereo system?
            Thanks.
            Man Jerry. Relentless Q's about ole "Sir Nissan Frontiersworth" (that is his name in case you didn't know... pretty regal, huh?)

I'll try to take these questions one at a time.

Tires: I'm sure I have plenty of tread left, though I haven't checked recently. I bought the truck brand new (it is an '05) and it doesn't even have 50k miles on it so I'm sure the tires are fine for at least another 20-30k. When I replace them, I'm not sure what I'll replace them with. I anticipate to get at least another two, maybe three years out of them. I have no idea what financial state I'll be in when I need new tires. But my good buddy used to work in a tire shop for several years so I'll probably consult him. I do have a good spare. It is full size and given that I've got steel wheels, I'm almost positive that it is a full size spare on the same rims I'm rolling on.

Oil: I get it done where ever I am at when it needs changing. Last time I got it changed I was down in So Cal. Next time, it'll probably be in a few months. I run synthetic now so my oil changes are further apart. I do get regular oil changes; when ever the sticker says I'm do or shortly there after.

Maintenance: I don't do it personally. When ever I get my oil change they usually check simple stuff out for me, and as I said earlier, because my truck is just about 2 1/2 years old (bought it in Aug of '05) it shouldn't need anything. The battery is fine, radiator fluid should be fine (though I will probably replace it at 60k miles), the hoses are fine. I had my 30k mile tune up and everything was fine (especially seeing as how I didn't go to the dealer for it and thus didn't get raped). I am slowly coming up on my 60k mile tune up and I'm not sure what the manual calls for but I'm anticipating that I'll need new brake pads and to have the radiator fluid changed. I think the tranny fluid will probably need to be changed as well. I'm sure my gear oil is gonna be fine for a little longer though I'm not sure.

I don't believe that there is anything that needs attending to other than that it could use a wash. But I live right in the middle of downtown Berkeley so I can't wash it myself and I refuse to pay someone else to wash my car so it's cleanliness will have to wait.

My truck is a manual. It has a 6spd

I keep my interior relatively free of junk and pretty clean. Though I probably should wipe the dash down soon.

And I have an aftermarket Alpine deck so that I can plug my iPod into it. However, I don't really like the controls on the deck. But I do like the fact that I can plug my iPod in directly. I just think there are probably better decks out there. But I got it as a present so I can't complain.
            Last edited by 3'scompany; 02-22-2008, 01:05 AM.
            DayGlo

Comment

You just won the lottery, but there is a stipulation: You can only buy yourself and others one item per person. What do you buy for:

Yourself?

Me?

Theodie?

Ratherdashing?

barbarianbrute?
              Facebook - My facebook page
              Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                You just won the lottery, but there is a stipulation: You can only buy yourself and others one item per person. What do you buy for:

Yourself?

Me?

Theodie?

Ratherdashing?

barbarianbrute?
                Myself: If a giant share of a company counts as one thing, than that is it. If not, probably a monster truck. Gravedigger in particular. Either that or a well established bar. Me loves the drinks and the bar lifestyle. Or maybe the world's longest lap dance. Tough choice, really.

You: I think I'd buy you a spot on tour with your band of choice.

Theodie: After his most recent thread I'm tempted to say a walker but I think it'd probably be the world's most giant bread bowl to fill with his chowder.

Ratherdasing: A .50 caliber machine gun.

Barbarianbrute: a life time supply of anger management classes.
                DayGlo

Comment

Well all, its been fun.

XSSIVE is up next.
                  DayGlo

Comment

Working...
                  X