banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XVIII: What's that Lassie? XSSIVE's in the well?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XVIII: What's that Lassie? XSSIVE's in the well?

I like your neatness, but are you clean? Obviously you like things in order, but do you obsess with cleanliness at all? If you were to snap a picture of your bathroom would it be as clean as your livingroom?

I ask because I am a clean/germ freak. I know it's a crazy question, but I am curious. LOL!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

yes i'm very clean, and my bathroom is just as neat and clean as the den and my room and the rest of the house for that matter. my workshop on the other hand can become a bit of a disorganized mess now and again but then i go nuts and organize it and it's good for a few weeks. that's the only area i get a bit lazy about at times. i'm also a bit OCD about keeping my car clean too since i used to detail cars. right now it's dirty due to snow and it's driving me nuts that it's too cold and there's still too much snow to bother cleaning it. i may have to sin and bring it to the car wash...i hate doing that, i much rather do it myself.

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by VIBROLUX View Post
        Are you ever going to post a picture so we know what you look like? LOL!

See post #15.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

yeah, that's not even slightly funny.

-Mike
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
            yeah, that's not even slightly funny.

-Mike
            Yes it is!

What was 'yer first guitar?

And the first guitar hacked to bits during a 'modification' attempt?
            J. 'Moose' Kahrs
            mixer|producer|recordist
            mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

first guitar was a hand me down from my older brother. it's a 1979 Guild S60-D. i still have it and need to do a refret on it one of these days because it's not playable as it sits due to a severe lack of fret lol. thankfully i kept putting off a refret on it for years and now i've learned how to do one and can do it myself. which will make it even more special since it's my first guitar and all. now i just need to find the urge to do the refret lol.

here it is...

and here i am playing it (and watching TV...hence the trance i'm in lol) back in 1989...

so there, you guys also got a pic of me hahaha.

as for hacked to bits...never did that. i stuck some stripes with electrical tape on a white strat i had back in the day but that's about as bad as it gets. oh wait, i did start a refin on my first bass (Jazz bass) but never finished it. i have no idea where the body is now but the neck is on a parts mutt bass i built.

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

As a fellow gearnut with some nice high dollar toys, what is your policy on letting people see them?

Do your close friends KNOW not to bring strangers and aquaintances around? Do you worry that you could get robbed by friends of friends, or is your house secured like Ft Knox?
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

i let friends play my guitars, bludave has played nearly all of them for example. i hardly ever have random people in my house. however it's not a concern since my father is a hunter with a larger gun collection than my guitar collection. behind that wall that the guitars are hanging on in my pics is my fathers hunting/gun room and my bedroom is right next to it. plus i live in a real safe and pretty much off the beaten path area. someone is always home and awake since everyone has a different schedule in my house. plus i have a big ass dog that isn't friendly unless we tell him to be when people come here they meet the dog, then they get the tour which tends to lead through the wood working shop to the gun/trophy room and they see the arsenal so they'd have to be idiots to think of robbing us. we're also real close with all the neighbors and we watch out for each other which is nice. it's just a real good area to live in. i could leave my truck outside running with the windows open until the gas tank runs dry and no one would touch it. we're so out of the way and the cops have nothing better to do around here that a thief would have no chance of getting away with a car or stolen goods from a house.

i actually worry about my nieces and nephews more since they're all 5 and under and don't know any better so when them come over everything gets hidden away in a case.

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                    Is that a Vibro Champ, and did you have any idea how totally awesome it was at the time?
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

i think it was a vibro champ. it died sometime in the mid 90's and not knowing any better i think my brother chucked it. i had no idea what it was at that point and odds are i wondered why i couldn't play through the marshall 1/2 stack instead since it was bigger and louder hahaha.

now that i think of it, my brother has another fender amp that he said he was going to give to me since he didn't want his kids to mess it up but i honestly forget what one it is. i'll find out when i get it from him.

-Mike
                      Last edited by XSSIVE; 02-25-2008, 05:06 PM.
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

If you had a time machine and could travel back through time? What is one event from the past you would have liked to have witnessed, as well and a year/locale in the future you'd like to visit?

Comment

i gave this some thought and decided i wouldn't do anything deep or meaningful with it . i wouldn't want to alter the space time continuum too much lol. i'd just use it to go back and see concerts i couldn't see today...if i could pick more than one it would be, Ozzy with Jake E Lee, Alice in Chains with Layne, SRV, Hendrix, Ratt with Robbin, and more. i don't think i'd want to go ahead to the future to a specific event, perhaps just to find out lotto numbers or sports scores to make $$$ in the present hehehe.

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Greg...i have no idea why but i decided i'd add a pic of myself. also took it in the bathroom since you mentioned it....no just kidding, not because of that. the light was better in there and i was too lazy to set up a tripod to take a picture of myself so i used the old take a pic in the mirror bit everyone does all the time. odd that i post this now honestly since i've had a full goatee since 1998 mustache and all and i just shaved the stache off (actually a shaving slip lol) 2 weeks ago so this no mustache look is new for me.

oh and i don't know why i added XSSIVE to the pic, just blame that on being a graphic designer and seeing a use for that blank space lol.

so who has longer sideburns than me on the board hahaha?

-Mike
                            Last edited by XSSIVE; 02-25-2008, 09:26 PM.
                            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

^^^ LOL!! Very good Mike! It's good to put a face with some font. You're one of my good bro's here and I hate not knowing what bro's look like for some reason.
                              I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

i hear ya man, it's cool to know who's on the other side of the screen. i just tend to hate pics of myself so i always run from the camera or try to be the one taking the pics.

-Mike
                                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X