banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XVX - The well has sprung a leek.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XVX - The well has sprung a leek.

Actually, I need to make a change. JB_From_Hell on bass, and Skarey is the manager. I think that would work a lot better.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Good choice. I think Skarey could probably fill in any night one of the rest of us is too jacked up from huffing paint to perform.

He's also the one I'd trust the most to properly handle any kind of band fund.
      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Your trek across the US was quite an undertaking......one which most wouldn't attempt, or could afford.

I'm curious to know how much you had to save up, or put on credit, to pull that off?

You hit nearly all the major cities. Can you list all the places you visitited here?

Feel free to post some of your favorite pics from that trip (aside from the lost ones) LOL
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Where and when did you have your greatest onstage moment??

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            Your trek across the US was quite an undertaking......one which most wouldn't attempt, or could afford.

I'm curious to know how much you had to save up, or put on credit, to pull that off?

You hit nearly all the major cities. Can you list all the places you visitited here?

Feel free to post some of your favorite pics from that trip (aside from the lost ones) LOL
            Well, it ended up costing me about £2000 ($4000) in the end. I spent a terms worth of student loan on it and £1000 in overdraft facility. I did it all on a shoe string really.

The list of places, let me see.

Flew in to Newark,
            Manhattan
            Boston

Seattle

Vashon Island

Vancouver

Portland
            Eugene

San Francisco

Santa Barbara

LA

Vegas

Yosemite
            Chicago

Washington DC

Then back to Newark to fly home.

Memories for life.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
              Where and when did you have your greatest onstage moment??
              Member of the audience: "You suck!"
              Me: "For a fiver!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
                No GWAR.
                oh, man. points lost! lol
                Louis XIII!!!

Comment

Speaking of leeks, what is your record: http://leekspin.info/

If you could have one super power, what would it be?

One of your favorite characters(choose from anywhere)

Favorite video game(s) if any?

IIRC you're a Melvins fan and a while back you posted a youtube link or two that sparked my interest--what are the better albums to check out?

Comment

Blessed! How did you take such great pictures??
                    Ive been to a lot of thhose places. My pictures of the Whitehouse turned out a puny little Whitehouse you could barely see, even with a zoom lens. I was using a film zoom point and shoot. Is this something you do with a digital camera and editing? I mean, the photos arent that sharp, but the big images sure fill the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
                      Taint! They're Welsh too.
                      Thanks. Have to check that out. Time for my two favorite questions:

Can you name one single artist or band that everyone should listen to before they die? (except Taint, obviously)

As a British dude (ok, I'm gonna stop now), can you elaborate on an experience in your life, that you think others can learn from?

Can you list up some points you feel are absolutely necessary in order to establish sustainable fair trade?
                      My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
                        If you could have one super power, what would it be?

One of your favorite characters(choose from anywhere)

Favorite video game(s) if any?

IIRC you're a Melvins fan and a while back you posted a youtube link or two that sparked my interest--what are the better albums to check out?
                        Call it old-fashioned, but my superpower would totally be flight. I could travel whenever and wherever I wanted.

Since I saw High Fidelity when it first came out as a film, I have loved John Cusack's character. I can draw a lot of parallels.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I used to enjoy the Final Fantasy games when I was younger. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas still keeps me amused when I have nothing else to do. I'll probably buy a PS3 for the new GTA.

The Melvins eh? Well, the most recent album is as good a place as any to start. It is called A Senile Animal, probably the most straight up rocking record they have made.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
                          Blessed! How did you take such great pictures??
                          Ive been to a lot of thhose places. My pictures of the Whitehouse turned out a puny little Whitehouse you could barely see, even with a zoom lens. I was using a film zoom point and shoot. Is this something you do with a digital camera and editing? I mean, the photos arent that sharp, but the big images sure fill the frame.
                          That was with a crappy old digital camera, I could get some really nice ones with my new one. A lot of it is in the framing to begin with. I didn't do much editing on the computer.

Glad you like them though dude! It all seems a distant memory now. I have to go back to so many of those places.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                            Thanks. Have to check that out. Time for my two favorite questions:

Can you name one single artist or band that everyone should listen to before they die? (except Taint, obviously)

As a British dude (ok, I'm gonna stop now), can you elaborate on an experience in your life, that you think others can learn from?

Can you list up some points you feel are absolutely necessary in order to establish sustainable fair trade?
                            Well, save for all the obvious classics (Zep, Sabbath, Floyd, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Miles Davis, Velvet Underground, Clash, Ramones, Stooges, MC5, etc.) I would say Sigur Ros. Their music kind of goes way beyond an aural experience, it is timeless and very multi-faceted in its strange beauty. Love the band like no other. Their new DVD, "Heima" adds some astounding visuals to the music too. I could sit here all day and bang on about music that I love, but you caught me in a Sigur Ros mood, so I'll go with that.

As for a life experience, I wouldn't say that one particular thing has given me any outstanding perspective on the way the world is, each day and experience is just a tiny piece of the pie. But being British has obviously had an effect on the way I am. The self-deprecating sense of humour, the fact that this is the funniest country in the world, the island mentality can sometimes work in our favour too. There is a lot about this place I would change, I really don't like the way things are headed, this isn't America, and I hope it never will be. That isn't a dig at America at all. I love it there. But I don't want it here.

Sustainable fair trade? That could get political. But first and foremost it needs the backing of all of the big companies. Fair trade should be the the only kind of trade. Tesco sell their own brand fair trade coffee, right next to their non-fair trade coffee. What is the point? If you are going to launch a fair trade line, commit to it fully. And don't give me any of that "consumer choice" bollocks either. Although, fire-bombing the entire Tesco chain probably would help matters immensely, so maybe that is the key to sustainability.

Comment

What note and in what position is your favourite note on the guitar?

What would be the specs on your ultimate "Rich_T" signature guitar?

What would be your one rule for making the world a better place?

Cod or haddock?

Reeves or Mortimer?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

It's a fight to the death. Who wins:

1. Carmine vs. SD Forum

2. Rich_T vs. Kyuss_Rock

3. Rich_T vs. Rich_S
                                Facebook - My facebook page
                                Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                                X