Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

Originally posted by millsart View Post
    Those are some great looking guitars you've all been posting.

Pretty sweet looking for a gloried plank of wood

I'm hoping to get a black tele with white binding (nothing looks cooler on a tele) sometime this year so hopefully this thread will still be going
    Forum bro butnut's got a sweet homebrew for sale in the trading post, same color your looking for.

Here, I hijacked his pics for you, hope you don't mind butnut!
    Originally posted by butnut View Post

Last edited by Captain Tightpants; 03-09-2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Thats a pretty cool looking Tele for sure, and definatly one of a kind, but I actually wanted to stick with some tele sounding pickups to get a bit more twang (and a rosewood neck) so I don't think it will be finding a home with me anytime soon, but heres a bump for a sweet looking tele just the same
      -Burny Randy Rhoads LP Custom- C5/59 Hybrid Bridge/Fernades Vh-1 PAF neck
      -Epi Goldtop - Custom Shop Mike Ness p90's
      -Epi Masterbilt AJ500R rosewood
      -Fender Classic Player 60's strat CS 69'

-Gretsch Black Phoenix - TV Jones Classics
      -Danelectro Dano Pro Baritone

Comment

This was my #1 for the past 10 years...

Started off as 91 MIM Standard, I added a new neck and put a Custom 5/59n in it. I just recently traded it on something better.
        Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Right now mine is in totally stock form, so it looks just like the one at the website. Mine is the one in Midnight Wine finish.
          Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.
          Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Before:

After:

Dave (Zhangliqun) custom-wound the pickups for me - a Paul Bunyan bridge pickup (a la QP, with plenty of twang) and a Babe the Blue Ox neck pickup (a la PhatCat, but with an A3 mag). Modern bridge base, but with individual vintage styled string-saddles. The pickguard is a Warmoth Vintage Pearl/Creme/Black three-ply. The knobs are strat-style chrome knobs, nice heavy Tele-knob feel with the Strat good looks. Reversed the plate, while I was at it.
            Tangado haid! Leithio i philinn!

Hold your positions! Fire the arrows!

Comment

Mines a stock G&L classic, great guitar but may have to sell this along with a couple of others.....

Comment

Question for those who have modded their Teles: Are the MIM bodies routed swimming pool style (or at least HB cavity in the neck)? I could see using a Tele for experimentation with pickup combinations of various types.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford View Post
                  Question for those who have modded their Teles: Are the MIM bodies routed swimming pool style (or at least HB cavity in the neck)? I could see using a Tele for experimentation with pickup combinations of various types.
                  They are routed for a humbucker in the neck.

Comment

Does this count as a tele?

Comment

fail.
                      http://www.iainstone.com

Comment

Horribly washed picture, but you get the idea. Old picture, too. The control plate was flipped a while ago and modded with a 4-way switch.

Don't let the appearance fool you, she isn't as sweet as she looks. When the 4-way puts two full quarter pounders in series you know she means business!
                        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

dont ya love in series?
                          http://www.iainstone.com

Comment

Yes. It's a very usable tone. I especially like going from playing the neck pickup tapped to playing both full in series. It's the ultimate kick in the pants.
                            Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford View Post

The MIM Nashville Tele is the ultimate platform for experimenting - it has a swimming pool route, to you can do just about anything just by swapping pickguards.

And speaking of which...

MIM Nashville Tele: Wilkinson compensated 3-saddle bridge, STL-1/SSL-1/SM-1

MIK Schecter PT: Fender MIM neck (thanks to Xssive), Gotoh 6-saddle bridge, Custom bridge / 59 neck
                              Last edited by Rich_S; 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM.
                              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Here is mine.

Hard Ash body with a maple/ebony finger board
                                Sperzels, Bigsby, Esquire style wiring, and a SD Broadcaster Pickup

Last edited by ericmeyer4; 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X