Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

These are my recently acquired teles. Blondie is pretty much stock and I'm loving it all the way. Blackie has been changed a little since this pic. there is a mini switch between vol and tone knob which adds the bridge pup any time you want it. With the sel sw at neck pos it will add the bridge pup for that tele sound. with the sel sw at neck-mid it gives you all 3 pups for still a different tone. With my style, thumb pick and 3 finger picks, flange of the bridge plate was in my way. Also have repl bridge plate with flangeless item from Guitar Fettish. Not a drop on item (elongate thru-body string passages and different screw pattern) but I'm impressed with the results - especially for the price ($25 + s.h.) Good quality piece with stainless saddles. By the way, since I got these 2, my Strat hasn't been outta the house!

Comment

Originally posted by jerry View Post
      These are my recently acquired teles. Blondie is pretty much stock and I'm loving it all the way. Blackie has been changed a little since this pic. there is a mini switch between vol and tone knob which adds the bridge pup any time you want it. With the sel sw at neck pos it will add the bridge pup for that tele sound. with the sel sw at neck-mid it gives you all 3 pups for still a different tone. With my style, thumb pick and 3 finger picks, flange of the bridge plate was in my way. Also have repl bridge plate with flangeless item from Guitar Fettish. Not a drop on item (elongate thru-body string passages and different screw pattern) but I'm impressed with the results - especially for the price ($25 + s.h.) Good quality piece with stainless saddles. By the way, since I got these 2, my Strat hasn't been outta the house!
      Talk to us about the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
        Do it! Hot Rails just make a Tele sounds like a Les Paul with more overtones. Hot Stack and PG would be a great choice. Personally I found humbuckers a tad too smooth in the neck of my MIM and went with a GFS Dream90. Nice and crunchy and with the volume rolled back a touch it does the Strat neck sound.
        isn't the hot stack kind of like a humbucker?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
          isn't the hot stack kind of like a humbucker?
          Hot stack is a single-coil sized humbucker but it sounds way more like a Tele bridge pickup than a Hot Rails does, and has more power than a tele single-coil and no noise.
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
              Sorry Muttz but this is the first "Super-Tele" or "Shred-Tele" that I've actually could see myself playing. Nice one F73!
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                Talk to us about the switch.
                As you know, the tele sound of neck/bridge is not available on the 3 pup tele. Thye 5 pos sw is like a strat. With a simple mod ($3 sw from radio shack and 2 lil wires) not only is the neck/bridge tone there but if you move the sel sw to neck/mid pups and have the mini sw on, you get all 3 pups! To do this remv the sw plate and drill hole for the sw. Find the hot lead for the br pup and run a wire from there to the sw. Then locate the input side of the vol ctrl (wire running from sel sw to vol pot) and run another wire from there to the mini sw. Thats it! With this mod you get really 7 diff pup selections from 3 pups and a 5 way sw.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
                  Sorry Muttz but this is the first "Super-Tele" or "Shred-Tele" that I've actually could see myself playing. Nice one F73!
                  Hey, no offense to me Brotha! To each his own. I like the Jackson/Charvel Teles, though I've never actually laid hands on one, they look quite nice.

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                  1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                  Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                  Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Did some mods...CTS pots, Sprague caps, Switchcraft jack, GFS Alnico Fatbody pickups, GFS stainless steel saddles, Graphtech nut and string trees. Cheers!

1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
                    1992 Fernandes Telecaster
                    2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
                    2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
                    2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
                    2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
                    Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Originally posted by cayle_6 View Post
                      Did some mods...CTS pots, Sprague caps, Switchcraft jack, GFS Alnico Fatbody pickups, GFS stainless steel saddles, Graphtech nut and string trees. Cheers!

How does it sound with the new pickups?
                      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                        How does it sound with the new pickups?
                        I like it a lot. They're much better than the stock alnico pickups, which sounded too bassy on the neck, and too thin in the bridge. The Fatbody bridge still has that tele sound to it, but a bit more muscular. The neck pickup, I think it's kinda stratty, and sounds really good when clean.
                        Friedman Runt 50

Comment

I remember this double bound Tele. It's great man! Some day I'm going to get a black double bound one with dual zebra humbuckerz! After my next superstrat though.
                          No Good War

Comment

Finished modding my tele. It now haz knobs and a strat style switch tip.

Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Here's my gal.......CIJ 52 RI with El Dorado bling

Comment

Another thread revived from the dead!
                                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                                X