Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

Mine:

String Saver Saddles, Harmonic Design pickups, my switching/wiring layout..
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Originally posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Originally posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Originally posted by Grumpy
    I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Some really coool-loooking guitars in this thread.

I've always liked that Parker Telecaster-style guitar.

The body of my Mexico Standard Telecaster is routed for a humbucker in the neck position. That opens a lot of possibilities when it comes to choosing a replacement.
      Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Elrond39 View Post
        Before:

After:

Dave (Zhangliqun) custom-wound the pickups for me - a Paul Bunyan bridge pickup (a la QP, with plenty of twang) and a Babe the Blue Ox neck pickup (a la PhatCat, but with an A3 mag). Modern bridge base, but with individual vintage styled string-saddles. The pickguard is a Warmoth Vintage Pearl/Creme/Black three-ply. The knobs are strat-style chrome knobs, nice heavy Tele-knob feel with the Strat good looks. Reversed the plate, while I was at it.
        Second Tele posted (girst is my own) to have the reversed control plate, white pearl pickguard and bucker-sized neck pup. P-90 in the neck of a Tele is just asking for killer tone.

Originally posted by Sanford View Post
        Question for those who have modded their Teles: Are the MIM bodies routed swimming pool style (or at least HB cavity in the neck)? I could see using a Tele for experimentation with pickup combinations of various types.
        Look at the pics I posted of my MIM Tele. First post on the first page. It answers your question. (Though I just saw now that it has already been answered).

NICE TELES EVERYONE!! I like what I'm seeing so far, they are all beautigul looking axes. Keep it coming!!
        Last edited by Fender_Punk; 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM.
        "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          The MIM Nashville Tele is the ultimate platform for experimenting - it has a swimming pool route, to you can do just about anything just to swapping pickguards.
          +1

Here's my MIM Nashville Tele (as seen in my avatar)
          Specs: 5-way switching... SSL1 in the Neck, APS-1 in the Middle Position, a Jerry Donahue in the Bridge ... it's a twangin' tele that gets some sweet strat sounds as well!

I made/engraved the pickguard myself out of a piece of lucite which I reverse engraved so all the design you see is on the bottom of the pickguard

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Tele's are kewl......
            1995 American

2003 FSR American
            Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
            "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
              Mines a stock G&L classic, great guitar but may have to sell this along with a couple of others.....

Those ASAT's are gorgeous...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by subanots View Post
                dont ya love in series?
                I would do if I could get mine to bloody work!!!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

1992 MIJ 62 Custom Esquire with Gibson minibucker in the neck...love it.
                  In the immoral words of the great warrior Poet Ice Cube, if the day does not require an AK, it is good.

Comment

this thread is hot!
                    http://www.iainstone.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post

I made/engraved the pickguard myself out of a piece of lucite which I reverse engraved so all the design you see is on the bottom of the pickguard

That looks badass man.

Comment

that custom engraved pickguard is an absolute work of art.
                        Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                        I find it much easier to pay somebody else to nibble them rather than attempt to do it myself.

I mean I've got mad respect for those of you who can get into the positions required for such a task but I'm just not that flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                          ...Here's my MIM Nashville Tele (as seen in my avatar)...
                          Is that Greg's old Nashville from before the black-sparkle MIJ, that came before the butterscotch blackguard, that came before the....

Tell me how great CAR looks - I'm wishing mine was a 3-color sunburst, but any 'burst body I buy (Stratosphere, for example) won't have the swimming pool, so I'd have to take a router to it. Just gotta keep telling myself, "Ultimate platform for experimenting... ultimate platform for experimenting... ultimate platform for experimenting..."
                          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Sorry, but these guitars some of you posted with dual humbuckers....NOT TELES !!!!

They're Tele shaped guitars!!!!

I'll let the mini in the neck ones slide, but not 2 humbuckers.
                            Nothing Tele about them but the shape

MY BABY.......

'62 AVRI Tele Thin-skin Limited Edition.....gonna pimp it out with some El Dorado hardware when I get around to it....Original Bardens too

!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Plain jane, MIJ '52 RI. FIrst guitar I didn't replace the stock pickups in.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'll have another to add to this before weeks end too!

I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Working...
                                X