Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your TELECASTERS!!!

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
    Which reminds me, I might as well share pics of teles past... here's that neck before ibanezrocks got it:
    Why did you break that guitar up? It looks awesome! I love it and your white Strat...

And that blue bound Tele is gorgeous too. We need another pic of it.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Which reminds me, I might as well share pics of teles past... here's that neck before ibanezrocks got it:
      That pickguard looks cool. Is that a Hot Rails in the bridge?
      Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

This is what my tele will look like after ordering new pickups and pickguard for it (which I will hopefully be doing today). I can't wait!!!

Comment

he is some crappy esquire pics, love that guitar.

dont have a pic of my black mia tele but it looks like a black tele with a rw neck and white guard

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
            Second Tele posted (girst is my own) to have the reversed control plate, white pearl pickup and bucker-sized neck pup. P-90 in the neck of a Tele is just asking for killer tone.
            Check out the second picture of my tele, the one on stage, you'll notice mine also has the reversed control plate. It just makes volume swells and such so much easier!
            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              Don't be dual humbucker Tele HATIN'!!!

this thread is freakin AWESOME!!!

but...it has me g.a.s.sing BIG-TIME for a tele in White Blonde!!!
              Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
              +1 to Hoss. In my considered opinion, as long as the pickup is mounted to the bridge, IT'S A TELE. I draw the line at Strat-style hardtails, unless we're talking about a dual-hum Thinline.
              BLASPHEMERS.....THE BOTH OF YA' !!!!!!!!

Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 03-12-2008, 11:44 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99 View Post
                BLASPHEMERS.....THE BOTH OF YA' !!!!!!!!

Tele + Humbuckers = Awesome

Comment

but not a tele

Comment

Originally posted by eresseraca View Post
                    the '51 Caster project tele

Started out from a Fender Lite Ash Tele, and is now completely rebuilt into a Nocaster replica. New allparts FAT neck and original body stripped, reliced and re lacquered with nitro. Original Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's and bridge is about the only stock parts left.

Every time I see this guitar I have to get a napkin and clean up the drool...
                    -Butch

Comment

Here's mine, a 2006 Am Std. I have changes out the pickups and it no sports a JD in the bridge and an APS-1 in the neck position.
                      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        Why did you break that guitar up? It looks awesome! I love it and your white Strat...
                        The black tele was actually put together by XSSIVE and I bought it off him a couple years ago. I hated to break it up because of how cool it looked but the neck just didn't feel right in my hands and the body was a MIM that was fine but not great in terms of acoustic tone. It had a hot rails lead and an SM-2 in a Warmoth red pearl pickguard. I tried to sell it as one, but no one bit on it, so it got parted out.
                        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

The black tele was actually put together by XSSIVE and I bought it off him a couple years ago. I hated to break it up because of how cool it looked but the neck just didn't feel right in my hands and the body was a MIM that was fine but not great in terms of acoustic tone. It had a hot rails lead and an SM-2 in a Warmoth red pearl pickguard. I tried to sell it as one, but no one bit on it, so it got parted out.
                          Ah yes, I remember now. No worries if you bought it and didn't like it. If you had built it that way with your specs then disassembled it, I'd be disappointed!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by doguitar View Post
                            OK, How 'bout Koa Tele??
                            awesome guitar me likey

chris
                            "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

I'm definitely enjoying the Warmoth Standard Thin profile on that neck. It really works well with the Highway 1 body, as it fit perfectly in the neck pocket and sounds loud and just great acoustically. I really need to put some pickups in it that are more my style. Look for a new thread of mine on converting this thing to humbuckers...

Comment

Man, I didn't know starting this thread would be as great of an idea as I thought. There are some REALLY, REALLY hot Teles on here!! And I got no hate on bucker Teles, as long as they have a Tele bridge (Thinlines excepted, as the '72 Thinline is very nice Tele). But personally, I LOVE the Tele bridge pickups, they've got so much of everything, are very responsive to tone and volume controls and can be suitable for just about any style you can think of.

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the Tele neck single-coils in Teles, so seeing a neck bucker, P-90 or a Strat neck pup is just a sign of improvement!

Keep posting your Teles, it's wicked to see how many variations there can be made off this wonderful, simple and original guitar design.
                                "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X