This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well, volume Jake (XXI)

If we were having a few beers, and I was to say "Deathcab for Cutie is the dumbest f'ing band name ever", would you agree, or disagree and provide an alternative?

Also, what kind of beer would it be?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Where in the world would you like to:

1. Travel just to see it

2. Live

3. Play before a stadium audience

Comment

Jake...
        What is your most embarrasing moment?

What's the no-panties chick who came on to you up to nowadays?

What foods do you find incredibly difficult to resist?

When do you feel most 'at home'?
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your father's that you hope to emulate

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your father's that you hope to never ever emulate

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your mother's that you hope to emulate

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your mother's that you hope to never ever emulate
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Tell me about badgers.
            *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
            Originally posted by Slash2987
            Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
            Originally posted by PVFan
            I'm a good sex man.
            Originally posted by Grumpy
            I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by thucydides View Post
              "High Five the Cactus"...what a great song title, lol!
              Haha, it's a funny title and it's a great song to boot. You should check them out.

Originally posted by Forbes View Post
              Best gig you have ever witnessed?
              For me it's a tie between Bad Religion/Rise Against or Bright Eyes. It was back when Bad Religion was touring for "The Empire Strikes First" and Rise Against hadn't become entirely too preachy and annoying at this point. The opening band was a complete joke (From First To Last) but but other bands just brought it all out. So much energy, even from those old dudes in Bad Religion.

Bright Eyes was another great one. Most of the night was just Conor by himself and his acoustic guitar. It was in a very small, cramped venue which created a very intimate atmosphere. He ended up getting really drunk, which seemed to bring out his emotions even more, and he was crying during "Waste of Paint." As emo as it sounds, it just broke my heart.

Band you would most like to be in/have been in?
              My ideal band would have the rocking aspects of punk and hard rock, like a bad religion meets siamese dream-era smashing pumpkins. It would have the pop accessibility of green day, but not so predictable, and wouldn't be afraid to straight kick your ass or have a heart-aching ballad every now and then. Also, in this band I magically have the ability to write a good solo too

Plus any of those band stories, play any shows with any bands i would have heard of?
              One time we were playing a gig in the middle of July in a venue with no A/C. Now, for those of you who know the Houston area, this means it's going to be gross, and you are going to sweat, alot. We were sitting backstage and they luckily had a gigantic industrial fan on the floor to at least attempt to cool some of us off. Anyways, our drunk bassist decides he REALLY wants to pee in the fan. He did, and some poor sap's gig bags were flung with his urine. That's kind of an a'hole thing to do, but I can't help but find it a little funny.

Some bands we've played with you may know: Set Your Goals, 30FootFall, and The Queers. The Queers gig was back when they had their old guitarist though. We never got too many gigs with well known bands, since we always found ways to piss concert promoters off, like, the vocalist canceling gigs for no reason, or the bassist spending a few days in jail therefore we couldn't play. One promoter I even considered somewhat of a friend of mine said he would never book the band ever again.
              Facebook - My facebook page
              Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                have you ever had the nickname "the snake"?
                Never. A few people (including my dad) have called me that on occasion, but it's never stuck. My only ever nicknames have come from the band, and the one they called me the most was Absolute, because I'm a christian. According to them, whenever they asked me a God-related question, apparently I was always reply with the word "Absolutely" somewhere in the sentences. My other two band nicknames came from the fact sometimes I talk really fast and mumble over my words: j-j-jake and Cocaine Jake.

Originally posted by Blue Calx View Post
                How have you adapted your playing to accommodate having severe wrist/hand/arm/tendonitis issues?

I stretch a little before playing, and I can't palm mute for nearly as long anymore, since I can't apply pressure for very long. But by lightening the pressure on my hands when I mute, I can do it considerably longer now though. I also find myself strumming more, as that has no real affect on my playing. For the most part though, my playing is relatively close to way it used to be ::knock on wood::

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                  Whatcha doin' next week? I will be in H-town for a few days.
                  Not much. I have class, but as I'm currently unemployed I have free time just about everyday of the week, except for monday and thursday. What are you coming to town for?

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  If we were having a few beers, and I was to say "Deathcab for Cutie is the dumbest f'ing band name ever", would you agree, or disagree and provide an alternative?

Also, what kind of beer would it be?

I agree. Funny thing is, the band name is actually a song title by The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, which is an equally dumb name. You may know the Bonzos by their hit "The Monster Mash"

Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band certainly had better song titles to make for band names, which makes me wonder why they picked Death Cab For Cutie. Oh well.

I'm not really a Death Cab fan, but the funny thing is, I love their vocalist's side-project, The Postal Service (see first post).

Oh, and we're going to be drinking Sam Adam's Utopia. It's a $140 beer, so I hope you're buying.

Comment

Jake, I know you are into Punk style music...If you were forced to listen to prog rock for a day, what groups and/or albums would you listen to?

What is your favorite fast food?
                    Originally posted by tone4days
                    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R View Post
                      Where in the world would you like to:

1. Travel just to see it
                      For me it's a tie between New Zealand and the UK. I want to see people who live basically like I do, but only slightly different

2. Live
                      Tough question. I love Texas but I'm not sure if I want to live here forever. I honestly don't know, so I'd say it's a tie between So. Cal-New York-Boston-Seattle-Austin-Houston. Regardless of the city, I want to live in a mansion and drive european sports cars

3. Play before a stadium audience
                      A big festival crowd, like Bonnaroo, Coachella, or Donington. As long as I don't get bottled.

Comment

I always thought your band, Kemo for Emo, had a decent shot mostly because you had all the elements in line.....music, image, age, name etc.

Do you think you could reform it with any ex members, and replace the family guy deadbeats with motivated members? Your thoughts?

Or, what sort of band would you like to form next?
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

what's your favourite bass riff?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
                            Jake...
                            What is your most embarrasing moment?

One time, I was hanging out with the band dudes. No practice or gig, just hanging out. It was toward the end of the night, and we all went out go eat some buffalo wings. I was getting ready to go home, and I was already feeling sick, and something in those wings just didn't sit right. I say my goodbyes and drive off....and then all of a sudden I felt that "drop" in my stomach, and I immediately needed a bathroom. I sharted. I pull a highly dangerous u-turn and race back to my bassist's apartment, and without saying a word I burst through their apartment door and ran straight to their bathroom, where I made some of the most disgusting smells I didn't know I was capable of. Not only did I scare the beejezus out of them (imagine someone unexpectedly running full speed into your home with no warning), I obviously smelled horrible too. I didn't hear the end of that for a while....my stomach hurts thinking about it!

What's the no-panties chick who came on to you up to nowadays?
                            Funnily Enough, I ran into her not long ago. She's lost about 20 pounds (which puts her under the 100lb mark) which leads me to believe she's become anorexic, and she claims she's trying to become a model. She ended up screwing one of my friends. I'm not jealous, in reality I actually feel pretty sorry for my poor friend, that girl is beyond stupid. She also found some strange new age religion...good for her, I guess.

What foods do you find incredibly difficult to resist?
                            Pretty much anything fried. chicken fried steak, french fries, fried chicken, fried chicken strips, etc. It's unhealthy as crap, which is why I'm trying to curb it, but sometimes I can't resist.

When do you feel most 'at home'?

Between 11:00pm and about 2:00am. Everyone in the house is asleep except for me, and I feel alone to collect my thoughts and listen to softer music. It's when I feel most at peace with the world, and I feel like everything is going to be ok, no matter what crap is going on in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                              name a parenting skill/trait etc of your father's that you hope to emulate
                              My father is an excellent provider, something I'll always admire and hope to emulate someday. He's worked 2 full time jobs since his mid 20s to ensure his family can live the lifestyle we want to have. When my older sister turned 16, she needed a car. So my dad, out of the goodness of his heart, sold his 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback so he could have money to buy her a car. That was his pride and joy for years, he rebuilt the thing with his two bare hands...I know that must have hurt him a lot to have sold that.

My dad believes to be successful you need to have a reliable car and a good education, and my dad has provided me with both, buying me a car at 16 and paying for my entire college tuition and books. I'll do the same for when/if I have kids.

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your father's that you hope to never ever emulate
                              My father can be a very stubborn man sometimes. When he makes up his mind, there's no negotiation with him. It's good to have a solid stance on things, however he often makes decisions without fully researching the subject at hand. There's definitely been times where he has been wrong on something and even in the face of truth will not recognize he is at fault.

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your mother's that you hope to emulate
                              My mother has almost an infinite amount of empathy, which I highly admire. She can put herself into just about everybody's shoes, and can realize why certain people act the way they do in certain instances, which makes her a very easy person to get along with, and is great when it comes to making compromises to make sure everybody is happy.

name a parenting skill/trait etc of your mother's that you hope to never ever emulate
                              As much as I love my mom, there is one quality of hers I've always promised myself I would never do. Sometimes if she gets into a bad mood (for whatever reason) sometimes she takes out her anger and frustration on whoever is nearby, even if they are uninvolved in why she's upset in the first place. For example, if I forget to take out the trash, which under normal circumstances she'll simply remind me to do it, when she's angry for a completely unrelated reason she'll blow up and yell at me why the trash isn't at the corner, and make a subtle comment that I'm somehow useless. She almost always apologizes later, but I'd rather her not do it in the first place, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                                Tell me about badgers.
                                Badgers (x10)

Mushroom, Mushroom

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake! Snaaaaaake! Ohhhhh it's a snake!

Comment

Working...
                                X