• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hardline According To... The Golden Boy- The Well Part XXII

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
    Whoa...

I don't know if can think of 3.

Here's the deal, I can dislike and talk smack about all kinds of bands, but not that I'd want them "taken out," so to speak. (either taken as a mafia hit, or just never existing in the first place) Since the question was asked, and I feel compelled to answer- I'm going to say Creed. Creed, to me, is what "rock" would be if you sucked the life, spontinaetiy and vibrance out of rock. Like beer without the taste and the alcohol. It leaves me feeling empty, but I should still like it because it's "beer." Creed spawned so many other bands, most prominently Nickelback, that have that soul-less, over Pro-Tooled, Rhythm Doctored, Auto Tuned "rock" sound and STRIVE to sound like that... My theory as to why the state of live music is where it is... The kids that are hitting college and drinking age now are the ones who grew up with this. If Creed was my definition of "rock," I sure wouldn't go out for more of it.

That's it for the hatin'

Singer: Eric Carmen
    Bass: James Jamerson
    Guitar: Steve Jones
    Guitar: Leslie West
    Keys: Denis DeYoung.

That lineup would ****in' dominate.

I love Page's solo from "Achilles' Last Stand." It's like a story in and of itself.
    Yeah, three was a bit too much to ask, really. I'm satisfied with the answer, and actually totally agree about it.
    And the lineup ain't bad either.
    Achilles FTW, one of the best of Page.
    Guitars:
    http://my.opera.com/KK91/albums/slideshow/?album=969652

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post

Describe the most hilarious onstage incident you've ever experienced.
      Experienced?

I was doing a bunch of covers for a pub crawl. It was great because we really only needed like 45 minutes of material, and do it over and over again for fresh loads of people being dropped off. Our drummer was this little skinny kid, and our singer/guitar player was one of the most singularly talented individuals I've ever had the fortune of working with.

There was a LOT of liquor flowing at this thing. I got a little hammered, but the drummer kid got supa-hammered, and he had this big ox of a chick workin' him- think Mimi from the Drew Carey Show, with huge boobs eveloping this little scrawny Alfalfa lookin' kid.

I think bad things happened that night.

Also the singer got supa-hammered and was laying on the stage- with some chick pouring Dr.McGillicudy's down his throat.

That was nutz.
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamera View Post
        Another ? with local flavor.

What's the best Summerfest show you've seen?
        Weird Al, 1984, at the Old Style stage (over by the WLPX rock stage). I got an awesome picture of him when he jumped off the stage (all foot and a half of it) while singing "One More Minute."
        Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
        I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
          You can ask Paul McCartney any three questions, and he will answer them as completely and honestly as possible. What questions do you ask?

- Keith
          How do you write a song?

What do you regret, and why?

What was it like porking a one legged gold-digger?
          I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
            i've said it before and i'll say it again ... if my sons grow up to be like TGB, i will have done a good job

to that end, what general approaches to parenting have you found most useful and least useful
            Wow. Thanks Bill. That's an amazing compliment.

I think my parenting skills suck. What I hope to be able to do is let the kids know WHY they're being corrected and be able to praise when they do things well. Sometimes it's hard to even see the little things that get done right- not to mention making a positive comment about something as trivial as being able to comb your own hair...

The least useful thing is getting angry and yelling because you're angry. Not only are you losing your self control, you're building resentment. Our kids clam up when they get resentful if you go too far. Then nobody wins.

I told you, my parenting skillz suck.
            I'm a good sex man.

Comment

If my sons grow up to be like TGB, they better start now stashing away money for liquor and long-distance phone calls.

(Just playin', Dave. )
              Teach them the ways of the Old Crow- it's never to early to learn an appreciation for cheap Bourbon...

Man... My parenting skillz are getting more betterer...
              I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Do you think Suzanne Vega's last name is really Vegafria?
                Shhh.....

I don't need my wife finding out about THIS one...
                I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                  Have you ever looked under that big silver pup cover?If so,what's under there?
                  It's two big ol' electric taped coils of wire on either side of the pole pieces. Next time I have it apart, I'll shoot a pic.
                  I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                    Don't ask! It's gross!
                    Gross, in the German sense of the word. Sehr Gross.
                    I'm a good sex man.

Comment

If you could only eat one meal a day, where would you like to live when and if you bring a helicopter pilot to the prom?
                      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by Gamera View Post
                        Actually there were a few TI's. I think one was on HWY 100 also. They had that signature roof design that lasted on the buildings years after they shut down.
                        I was just talking to my boss about this- the one on 124th and Burleigh is still there, the front facade is entirely gone, but from the back you can see the roof.
                        I took guitar lessons from a friend at Bob Kames music. At least I think it that's what it was called. They were in a building on Forest Home near FreeStyle Graphics where I used to work. I don't think Kames is there still.
                        I saw Bob Kames at the WAMI awards- he got a 'lifetime achievement award." He's in a chair, so it wouldn't surprise me he's not in the business.

No, DiMarini's didn't move from Bay View. I moved to the 'burbs. I discovered there were at least 3 DiMarini's restaurants though, all split from a single one thanks to other family dramas I heard. The Bay View location still has awesome 'za.
                        I knew about the "family drama" but I'd also heard they'd patched things up. I don't know anyone in the family or anything... just what you hear "around."
                        I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Horse View Post
                          And the lineup ain't bad either.
                          I'm waiting to catch **** for putting Eric Carmen in the singer spot.
                          I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                            If you could only eat one meal a day, where would you like to live when and if you bring a helicopter pilot to the prom?
                            "If they find out you've seen this, your life will be worth less than a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory."
                            I'm a good sex man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                              "If they find out you've seen this, your life will be worth less than a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory."
                              More than one, so good choice. OK!
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Have you ever shoplifted? If so, what did you take?

Since we're the same age.....what were your favorite TV Shows and toys from the 70's/80's?

If you could take anyone you wanted, who had no prior political experience, and make them President, who would you choose?
                                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                                X