Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brobucker selling rules?

Originally posted by JumpMarine View Post
    The original run sold for $100 + $5 shipping and we were not to sell them as "new" for more than that price.
    Thanks for clearing that up too Ryan - the original rules seemed to exist to prevent people buying a bunch, and then selling them elsewhere, billed as an otherwise unattainable pickup, for massive profit.

But (beating a dead horse now), is anyone gonna care if I ask $130 or something on here, selling to a forum bro?

Comment

I seem to recall the agreement was to not sell them NEW at an inflated price (i.e. flipping them for profit). I don't recall any mention of used Brobucker sales.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I wouldnt ask anymore than 110.00 for it...or rather i wouldnt pay anymore. It gotsta have some of that original mojo.If its a later custom shop , maybe 120.00.
        hey, didnt you get it for ,like, 105? ... your not gonna turn around and off it for more than you paid for it right here are you?So soon? .That wouldnt sit right quite with me, either selling or seeing it sold.
        Last edited by jerryjg; 04-05-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Well I think it would be in poor taste to buy it for $105 and then resell it for a profit in the same forum.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

yeah sell it for the standard price. Seymour Duncan should make another forum specific pickup...
            Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
            Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
              Well I'm not selling it on eBay, but I can easily get more than $100 here.

But if Jeremy is saying it's a $100 cap, I don't want to break that. Does anybody know for sure?
              Did you buy it from the Custom Shop for $160 and weren`t part of the forum group buy? If so you should be able to sell it for whatever you want.Someone correct me if I`m wrong.
              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                Well I think it would be in poor taste to buy it for $105 and then resell it for a profit in the same forum.
                I don't think so at all. The market should set the price. They are $160 at SD, so for someone who doesn't want to wait and pay that much, they might pony up more than the original $105. I think it's crazy, its not like you're selling a gift someone gave you, you paid for it. It's yours, sell it for whatever someone wants to pay for it.

Comment

+1

Edit: And if someone at SD sees people making money on a favor they did for us, they might not do us anymore special pickup deals. Although i may be wrong.
                  Last edited by Richard; 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM.
                  Guitar:
                  2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
                  Amp:
                  EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
                  Effects:
                  G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                    I don't think so at all. The market should set the price. They are $160 at SD, so for someone who doesn't want to wait and pay that much, they might pony up more than the original $105. I think it's crazy, its not like you're selling a gift someone gave you, you paid for it. It's yours, sell it for whatever someone wants to pay for it.
                    I agree 100%, as long as there aren't rules strictly forbidding it.

This is an original run one, not a Custom Shop one. It's from Feb. 14th, 2006.

The market will absolutely support more than $105. It'll probably support up to around $130 or $140. There's so much demand for this pickup, especially original ones.

It would be stupid of me not to maximize profit. I bought it for $105, sure. I also bought an amp for $200, and just sold it last night for $1,000. Is that in poor taste? No! It's capitalism! It's economics at its finest.

If you don't want to pay more than $105, I'm not making you! But I bet there's someone who will want to pay more, because this pickup is worth more. It is that friggin good. And to Jerry, I might need to sell it because due to a technicality, the IRS just bilked me out of $1,000. So I need to recoup, as it were, my losses.

I'll keep you updated if I decide to sell, and for how much.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
                      I agree 100%, as long as there aren't rules strictly forbidding it.

This is an original run one, not a Custom Shop one. It's from Feb. 14th, 2006.

The market will absolutely support more than $105. It'll probably support up to around $130 or $140. There's so much demand for this pickup, especially original ones.

It would be stupid of me not to maximize profit. I bought it for $105, sure. I also bought an amp for $200, and just sold it last night for $1,000. Is that in poor taste? No! It's capitalism! It's economics at its finest.

If you don't want to pay more than $105, I'm not making you! But I bet there's someone who will want to pay more, because this pickup is worth more. It is that friggin good. And to Jerry, I might need to sell it because due to a technicality, the IRS just bilked me out of $1,000. So I need to recoup, as it were, my losses.

I'll keep you updated if I decide to sell, and for how much.
                      BOYCOTT BIGAL! turnin' a quick profit of a forum bro here on the trader post.. Still ,I guess survival is the first law of nature.
                      Last edited by jerryjg; 04-04-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I'd turn a profit off a nun, or your mother, or Jesus, or anybody really.

Unless it's breaking rules.

Comment

I can't believe this is really a thread...

Selling it for exactly what you paid is not a bad deal. Flip it for the same money since it is an original run.

If it's not....then dispose of it how you wish.

Making a profit on the forum of the manufacturer that gave you a deal is pretty crass...and will help to make sure there are no more forum pups.

Luke
                          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
                            I can't believe this is really a thread...
                            If I hadn't made this thread, and hashed out the rules, I would just list it right away. I think everyone would rather me be fair about it and ask before I sell rather than just sell away.

What you mean to say is "I can't believe someone is actually considering charging more." And that's a fair point. But the Custom Shop charges $160 now, so perhaps the old price point of $100 is a no-go. And furthermore, perhaps that special introductory price should only have been paid by the first adopters of the pickup. Maybe buying it now, 2 years later doesn't grant you the privilege of only paying $100 for such an awesome pickup. Maybe that awesome privilege should only be shared by the original buyers.

Do you really see this pickup selling for $105 in 50 years? I don't.

Selling it for exactly what you paid is not a bad deal.
                            It is, if I can make more money and still be within the rules. So far it seems I am within them.

Making a profit on the forum of the manufacturer that gave you a deal is pretty crass...and will help to make sure there are no more forum pups.
                            Well to be fair, I didn't buy this in the original run. Another dude did. I just bought it from him, about 2 weeks ago.

Whether or not you all think this is 'cool' of me is somewhat irrelevant. If I am actually breaking the rules then I simply won't do it. Because I know there were rules.

But losing money is stupid, and I won't do it if I can avoid it.

Comment

Hate to say it but I have to agree with Ayrton. If the money cap goes away, what's to stop the used price from quite possibly matching the new price as 'having it now' is sometimes more important than 'having it new'? Then at that point everybody who got in on the first run is making/could make profit, albeit modest.

The more affordable stuff stays, the more people get to try it out, which I think was one of the better points of the forum run deals. At the very least, this would be a big slap in the face to all that have already sold one of their brobuckers/crazy 8's.

Comment

I'm not sure why you're asking.It sounds like you have your mind made up.

Comment

Working...
                                X