banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Em With My Tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Em With My Tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read my lips:

get the ****ing microphone!

=P i said it before. your sound is all fuzzy and bassy and crappy because of it. unless you want to buy somehting like a line6 pod or the guitarport, the mic is your best bet. the sound will aprove mucho. you could also get a mix board
    but IMO, if you get the mic and the mixer, you're better off to put some more dough into it and get the line6 guitar port

just the mic wont get you the versatility of the guitar port, but maybe it's to expencive for you. whats your budget?

Comment

Re: Help Em With My Tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, as of right now i have $60 in my pocket.
      thing is, i like the tones i get from my marshall but dont really know yet if i want to get a POD. but since the versatility with the pod is so great and i'd be able to use it in jazz abnd at school, i dont know. i may save up and get a pod or just get a better mic.

listen i dont know physically how to use all these things you guys are telling me of! i dont know how i would connect the POD to my computer and about the mic, i still dont know what to do other than the mic jack. and about a mixer, im lost at that point.

Comment

mic jack to the microphone connector in your soundcard. every one has it.

the pod and guitarport i believe (well the guitar port has it) can be connected to the USB

i dont quite know what you'd be doing with the mixer either lol.. line in probably

the guitar port will cost you around 150 i think. the mic (sm57 costs 80$ here alone) but the guitar port is 10000 times more versatile

Comment

awh damn't!

i was looking at mixers in this sam ash catalog, and i see a few that are relatively cheep. lke $70-$80, but i dont really know if they'd be all that good since it's so low. one says it has 6, 2 mic/line channels, 2 stereo channels, it's $80?

Comment

well, they are cheap .. but surprisingly good for their price .. they are not of a quality to record your debut CD with, but they are very good to help you get a good tone to 'tape' or 'disk', as it were ... you'll probably always be able to keep it around for little projects .. the mic preamps alone will come in handy from time to time .. if you get into a band and need a small rehearsal PA, this could help you out in a pinch if you just add a powered speaker or two .. it can be a monitor mixer .. or it can provide for a drum sub mix some day .. they really are quite versatile and make alot of the things you 'd want to do (like record into your computer) a whole lot easier and higher quality results

good luck
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

ok

i was talking to Dudu and he convinced me to not get a full blown mixer, he showed me this:

and advised me to a shure sm-57

this way i just connect it via USB to the computer and can record direct if i wnat to and mic my amp if i want to.

Comment

my buddy has one of those mobile pre boxes and loves it - very easy to use and excellent sound quality ... i have been hemming and hawing about one for months, but the tele quest has been front burner

good luck
                t4d
                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

thanks

this looks like it might be it.

Comment

Working...
                  X