banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well - Part XXVIII: Life... don't talk to me about life.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well - Part XXVIII: Life... don't talk to me about life.

So before you move back to Philly, are we gonna meet up for a beer sometime?
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

If you could have one super power what would you have?

Who is your favorite character?

Sounds like you have been around a lot of the US. Have you done any traveling outside the US? Are there places you want to travel to?

Comment

Have you ever been issued a speeding ticket/ If so, how fast were you going? Do you openly endorse speeding?
        Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          I love Philadelphia. I've been away so long that I don't really have a feel for whether all the crime trouble they've had lately is real or just sensationalized news coverage.

The think I like about the city is it age - the sense of history. It's a city you could live in, unlike many I've seen that are only open from 9-5 weekdays. University City is a great place and U of P has what I think is the best radio station in North America, WXPN. My Dad is a U of P alumnus, Bachelor's and Law School. Philly is also great place because it's so central - you can be in New York or Washington in a couple hours by train.
          hey -- i left phila for harrisburg in 1987 after temple undergrad and law school -- when i got to harrisburg i was a little freaked out - wtf am i doing here sort of thing -- but tell you the truth, now when i go back to phila, which is still pretty often, i don't care for it that much -- and i used to love it -- i know i sound like an old curmudgeon, but it ain't the same -- bookbinder's is gone, the brooks bros store is gone, chestnut street and walnut st don't seem to have any of the interesting stores that they used to have, and those f'in skyscrapers that look like the martians have landed! remember when no building was supposed to be higher than the william penn statue on top of city hall? that's long gone. sigh. don't get me started or pretty soon i'll be crying about the demise of the Bulletin. and harrisburg's not recognizable from what it was 20 years ago -- now there's lots of restaurants, movies, the minor league senators - i actually wouldn't want to live anywhere else. but i do love a good cheesesteak. Pat's. with cheezewhiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            So before you move back to Philly, are we gonna meet up for a beer sometime?
            I don't drink beer.

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
            If you could have one super power what would you have?
            Laser eyes, which I would use to cut in half giant SUVs which block my view of the traffic ahead.
            Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
            Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

what question do you wish someone would've asked you?

which question are you glad no one asked you?

who's next?
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                what question do you wish someone would've asked you?
                I would say "wish", but I'm surprised no one asked about my family.

which question are you glad no one asked you?
                Oh, yeah, like I'm going to let that cat out of the bag.

who's next?
                A well-phrased question indeed, since I have asked my fellow PT-loving friend, WhoFan, to take The Well north for the week.
                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                  I would say "wish", but I'm surprised no one asked about my family
                  cool - i have always admired your rare, and courageous commitment to your family - quite an inspirational example of love as an action verb ...

so, what is the short essay answer to the question "what does a couple need to know, have, think about, believe, and do before embarking on transracial special needs family blending?"
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

What do you reckon is your biggest challenge these days (a positive or negative one.. whatever pops in your mind first..) ? Without being too personal, of course.
                    My Soundclick

Comment

Is this Well dead?
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Are you a sports fan? remeber DR.J and Mike Schmidt eras? Were you relived the Eagles Finally won the Superbowl?

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                          Is this Well dead?
                          Is the Well dead?
                          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Well, two weeks on this one with a bro and only 3 pages.

Oh, Well.
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

My apologies - I tried to pass The Well on last weekend, but bobbled the handoff. Then work got crazy - I've been commuting 75 minutes each way these last two weeks.

I'll try to get it back on track for next week.
                              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

Comment

I'm not a big sports fan, but I have fond memories of Tug McGraw during the '80 (?) World Series, sticking his hand in his shirt and faking heart palpitations as he ran off the mound.
                                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                                Rich Stevens

Comment

Working...
                                X