Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDUG New Forum Pickup

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    Very interested here but i have a few questions... How hot will it be and will it go good in the bridge with my neck and middle surfers?
    how hot it is will be determined but it should be similar to a p90. hopefully it will match beautifully in the bridge with the surfers neck and middle

Comment

I am in for sure!
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

In all honesty, when we said the "that will work equally well both in the neck to match with a bridge humbucker or in the bridge to match with single coils." I immediately thought a pickup that at the bridge will match the surfers and other vintage output SC and at the neck to match a rockish pickup, from the P-Rails to the JB and Custom (5 / Custom)
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

i have been interested in this for a few years lol, but it does depend on the price for me
          sigpic
          Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
          Dunlop Crybaby
          MXR Custom Comp
          GFS Twin Overdrive
          Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
          Blackstar HT-DISTX
          Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I don't think I would be interested, but I have a question.. What tones (what styles is it appropriate for?) can I expect using that pickup in the bridge position of an ash Strat? I don't really have much experience with P90s at all..
            Last edited by Tor; 06-16-2008, 01:06 PM.
            My Soundclick

Comment

well the two sounds are going to be classic/vintagy strat and p90 so if you use it in the neck youll get a nice stratty tone and a fat p90 tone that should match up well with a bucker in the bridge. in the bridge youll get a fat p90 tone and the stratty tone to keep the notch position nice and clucky.

i plan on using it in the bridge position of a strat

Comment

What he said
                Plus, with an Ash body you can expect a more snappy response compared to an Alder body. That combined with the fatness of the P90 should result in a really balanced tone.

Hey, I actually like this a lot!
                (Maybe it's finally time for an Ash Strat instead? )
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

this idea is so perfect... i will be using it in the bridge, i was originally going to go with a harmonic design s-90 but this would be much better and from how it looks not very much more cash
                  sigpic
                  Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
                  Dunlop Crybaby
                  MXR Custom Comp
                  GFS Twin Overdrive
                  Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
                  Blackstar HT-DISTX
                  Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

im in for 1
                    Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                    yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

I have been looking for just the right pickup for a H/S/H guitar with a TB4b and a APH-1n. I was debating between the SSL6 and the SL59-1 lil' 59' for the middle posistion but this SDUGF pickup seems like it maybe just the pickup I am looking for So I would be down for getting one, although I would like to see what you guys seem to recomend?

Comment

I'm in! Do I put it in the neck and keep the Twangbanger in the bridge, or put it in the bridge and try the Twanbanger in the neck????

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I'm thinking about it... It looks promising...

On a side note, is it any possibility for hot linking this thread, so that you can have a stickies in all rooms that connect to this one? Might catch up a few more potentials perhaps..
                          My Soundclick

Comment

I want this like conan o'brien wants a tan...
                            Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                            I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

This could be the coolest CS run yet.

I didn't want a Crazy 8, but this sounds incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                                In all honesty, when we said the "that will work equally well both in the neck to match with a bridge humbucker or in the bridge to match with single coils." I immediately thought a pickup that at the bridge will match the surfers and other vintage output SC and at the neck to match a rockish pickup, from the P-Rails to the JB and Custom (5 / Custom)
                                That's the idea!!!

And it's different from the P-Rails 'cause it's a true "Fender" sized single coil... so you don't have to carve up a 'yer '66 Strat and get a new pickguard. AFAIK, there's nothing out there for a Strat bridge slot that sounds like a P90, which is just a good solid "rock" pickup.

I'm in for at least two... maybe three or four depending on what it costs & how much scratch I have when it comes into being. I've wanted something like this for a few years.

BTW - Would, or I guess... how possible would it be to get a Tele bridge version wound up as an option for those who want it? Or is that making it too complicated?
                                Last edited by J Moose; 06-16-2008, 06:11 PM.
                                J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                                mixer|producer|recordist
                                mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                                All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Working...
                                X