Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDUG New Forum Pickup

Originally posted by Tor View Post
    I don't think I would be interested, but I have a question.. What tones (what styles is it appropriate for?) can I expect using that pickup in the bridge position of an ash Strat? I don't really have much experience with P90s at all..
    Check this thread...

What are P90's like?

In short, all styles of music. It'll be bigger then the biggest strat bridge pickup you've ever heard, but not as thick & overwhemling as a humbucker or the rails. More open, more chime... but closer to the 'bucker side of town then a stock Fender pickup.
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Money is kinda tight but I should be able to manage at least one. The custom shop does not make bad pickups, and it was hard enough to find a used brobucker around these parts. Might as well save myself the effort and get one of these singles at the time of the run.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
        I'm in! Do I put it in the neck and keep the Twangbanger in the bridge, or put it in the bridge and try the Twanbanger in the neck????

That's a good question!
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I'm maybe interested...I haven't been following all the threads, is it even possible to build a pickup like this? I built a Strat and put Surfers in, but I don't think I'm in love with the bridge, so this might be great as a replacement. If it is in fact a true single coil that looks totally like a single coil I just may get one...sorry about the noncommittal-ness! I guess I need to see the final specs before deciding, but I'm definitely interested in hearing more...

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
            BTW - Would, or I guess... how possible would it be to get a Tele bridge version wound up as an option for those who want it? Or is that making it too complicated?
            im guessing no, a tele pup is gonna be too different

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRocker View Post
              I'm maybe interested...I haven't been following all the threads, is it even possible to build a pickup like this? I built a Strat and put Surfers in, but I don't think I'm in love with the bridge, so this might be great as a replacement. If it is in fact a true single coil that looks totally like a single coil I just may get one...sorry about the noncommittal-ness! I guess I need to see the final specs before deciding, but I'm definitely interested in hearing more...
              Well, about "final specs" these will probably come directly from the custom shop once the pickup is complete. However the very clever idea Jeremy suggested was to kill two birds with one stone, have a bridge pickup for traditional neck/middle single coils AND a neck pickup to pair up with a humbucker at the bridge in HSS (and maybe HSH) scenarios.

Now about looks, your guess is as good as mine since the idea is for the custom shop to try everything and choose what works the best, with no regard to the visual integrity but instead aiming for the most faithful sonic recreation instead

I think that as long as this goal is achieved this will make for an amazing pickup that I wouldn't be surprised to see being offered in the years to come...
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Yes, I'm good for 1.

After opting not to go for a Brobucker and eventually regretting it, I decided to not pass on any more of these. So yes, even though I never once voiced my opinion regarding this pickup, I will buy one, if at least just to try.
                Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Count me in for one... and I don't even own a Strat. LOL

Comment

def 1! maybe more. Hopefully they wont be that much over $100...
                    Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
                    Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

I'm interested, my Kramer needs a new neck pickup anyways.
                      Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Plaese count me out as Ive got my doubts.
                        I don't think we need anything new or exciting or different .
                        Don't we already have enought pickups to choose from.
                        And what about the price , I bet it will be expensive.
                        Why do we need another pickup anyway when Leo designed his lovely cheap to make bolt on neck guitars to have single coils.
                        I've got my doubts !, I've seriously got my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by wanmei1 View Post
                          Plaese count me out as Ive got my doubts.
                          I don't think we need anything new or exciting or different .
                          Don't we already have enought pickups to choose from.
                          And what about the price , I bet it will be expensive.
                          Why do we need another pickup anyway when Leo designed his lovely cheap to make bolt on neck guitars to have single coils.
                          I've got my doubts !, I've seriously got my doubts.
                          I've got my doubts this was a serious post. If it was, why are you here? This is a thread for people planning on ordering the pickup. That said I do remember reading your threads which mostly border on the ridiculous so I guess it is a huge grain of salt for you, actually more like a box of salt.

On to more important things, I will be ordering at least 1 to keep the streak alive. Maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by weisserj View Post
                            def 1! maybe more. Hopefully they wont be that much over $100...
                            im sure they wont be.

Comment

Am in!

B
                              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Not interested at all (no personal need for a sc that can do all that- isnt a QP with a tap about the same thing?), however I doubt most people who are not interested are like me and will vote. They will simply ignore the thread....?
                                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                                X