SDUG New Forum Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDUG New Forum Pickup

so when are we going to be able to order these!??!?!?!? I am pumped!!!!!!!
    Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
    Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

another quick question: supposedly fender mustangs use the same pickup as a strat so it would work in there right? If so I would probably buy at least two...
      Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:

Comment

I see no reason not to, all that's important is the route and the string spacing.

The thing with the Tele bridge is that the dimensions are much too different, as is the construction...
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I'm in. I'll fine somewhere to use it. Or it might sit beside my BroBucker on the shelf waiting for the perfect application.

I've bought both SDUGF Pups so far, so I'm in for this one too!

Let get to it!
          www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by weisserj View Post
            so when are we going to be able to order these!??!?!?!? I am pumped!!!!!!!
            as soon as the cs comes up with the design and we get a price

Comment

Ah, you guys have convinced me. I'm game for this pickup!

But I still think the other rooms should have a thread to enlighten those that might not frequent the PU room as much.. We need some economies of scale!

Is it possible to use a standalone switch for this pickup? I know you can use push pull (I have another guitar with that), but you know... More visible switches = cooler.
              My Soundclick

Comment

I see no reason why not.
                Besides a push pull isn't anything more/less than a switch in a different form.

I am not the biggest fan of push/pulls either so I tend to use switches too instead.
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                  Ah, you guys have convinced me. I'm game for this pickup!
                  It really didnt take much convincing for me. I just dont want to miss out on a special pickup...

Amps:

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                    I see no reason why not.
                    Besides a push pull isn't anything more/less than a switch in a different form.

I am not the biggest fan of push/pulls either so I tend to use switches too instead.
                    All right, good good.

Originally posted by weisserj View Post
                    It really didnt take much convincing for me. I just dont want to miss out on a special pickup...
                    Well, I have spent a bit on gear lately, so I was debating with myself whether I needed this pickup at all.......... You guitarists know how that debate goes, of course...

But really. The bridge single coil is the one I use the least... I do like it notched with the middle though... But I could conclude it'd be nice to have more balls in the bridge!
                    My Soundclick

Comment

How many "yes'es" do we need to get to make this happen? I've got an empty Reverend pickguard itching for one of these @ the neck, and a P-Rails @ the bridge

(fingers crossed - not 1 finger saluting... I just re-read the post and went Doh!)
                      Last edited by mxmann; 06-18-2008, 05:34 PM. Reason: clarifying my iconography

Comment

I'm pretty sure the smiley WAS supposed to be "fingers crossed", just that there's not much to do with so few pixels there

Now, I ain't no official nor have I any insight in this but I'd think 100+ pickups would be a good enough number so, maybe 45-50 guys saying they'll buy at least 1-3 pickups (hopefully 2+ rather than 1-2)

Comment

Love to get one, but I have no idea if I can afford it now.

Comment

i think i have an update as to what i can afford. I figure if i unload my Whammy II and sell my Area '61 i can swing 2. Then again if i get 2 then i could also sell my VVBlues if i dont like it
                            sigpic
                            Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
                            Dunlop Crybaby
                            MXR Custom Comp
                            GFS Twin Overdrive
                            Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
                            Blackstar HT-DISTX
                            Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I'll get two if the price is right... Even though I only have 1 strat... Maybe in the neck and bridge? Like a strat and a les paul junior in the same axe? Eh, nevermind, I'll get two just for the hell of it. Plus, if it turns out well, there'll be high demand in the trade post so I can at least recoup my funds.
                              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                              I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

I'd only be able to swing one, but I'd be in for one definetly!
                                The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
                                And Here on Bandcamp!
                                Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
                                X