banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear of Lizard Spit Fretboard Conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone hear of Lizard Spit Fretboard Conditioner?

olive oil? How about sunflower oil? or soya?

Comment

I still have a half-bottle of dunlop02 left but when it runs out I'll probably just refill that little handy bottle with the Old English used for my Carvin's tung-oil finishes and boards.

The Old English can be had for like $5/pint,,,,probably less in bulk if one really needed that much lol.
      IMO it's really no better or worse than the dunlop02,,,,,,,oils, darkens, beautifies,,,,,what more can we want?

Comment

This thread is from 2008 before the stock market came crashing down, when everybody had money to burn on lizard spit snake oil.

Comment

Now they're probably selling NOS bottles on CL for half price.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            I still have a half-bottle of dunlop02 left but when it runs out I'll probably just refill that little handy bottle with the Old English used for my Carvin's tung-oil finishes and boards.

The Old English can be had for like $5/pint,,,,probably less in bulk if one really needed that much lol.
            IMO it's really no better or worse than the dunlop02,,,,,,,oils, darkens, beautifies,,,,,what more can we want?
            ^^^and btw, if you've used the dunlop02 you know about that stupid(IMO) little douchy applicator bs pad,,,,,,,,,just remove it and use your own "applicator". It gets dirty before long anyways, not to mention some reports of it coming off on it's own while holding the bottle upside-down,,,,,,,,what a mess that would be! lol
            Last edited by dave74; 11-26-2017, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Lizard Spit Fretboard Conditioner has been re-introduced as Bull Spunk Fretboard Cream ...

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                Lizard Spit Fretboard Conditioner has been re-introduced as Bull Spunk Fretboard Cream ...
                But that sh.. is pasteurized, what you want is direct application from the bull himself. (or herself, no discrimination here) no degraded nutrients/higher BV

Comment

Linseed Oil seals the fretboard, which I do not want on a rosewood fretboard. The same is true of Tung Oil. They are sealants, not conditioners. Food grade oils, like vegetable and olive oil, can spoil... because they are food. I would use a mineral based oil, and not a vegetable based oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X