This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Somebody Dropped A Body Into The Well : The Well #36

Before this goes too far south, let's try to keep to the spirit of The Well. How about if all the pissing and moaning happens in another thread -- or even better, via PMs?

This thread is really about UFOs.

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
      Before this goes too far south, let's try to keep to the spirit of The Well. How about if all the pissing and moaning happens in another thread -- or even better, via PMs?

This thread is really about UFOs.

- Keith
      Good call man, I just deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
        yeah

well, it's like this .... you come on here, sharing all your self-glorifying tales of exploits as if you're living the most ideal lifestyle and choices ... you go on about how much you drink and then drive ... about how you drink until you pass out ... you give us some story about rehab/detox then go on within days about gettin drunk again ... you want to put that stuff out here, fine ... you seem to manage to stay on the right side of policy for the most part ... and you are clearly free to continue to do so ... but you can't expect to put all that crap out there and not have it get challenged ... there are young guys on here who are the same ages as some of our kids ... i, for one (and i know i am not alone), feel a responsibility to (at a minimum) decribe the other side of the coin so the young guns can at least have enough counterbalance as they learn to critically think for themself about choices they make for themself

most guys on here know what it is like to have to get up every day, go to work, provide for ourself and maybe a family, and generally be a contributing member of society - oh yeah, and we try to carve out some time and space to enjoy our music hobby ... you come on here and do nothing but throw out how you are essentially none of those things ...

maybe i should be more politically correct and just say 'there, there - ol lucid lunatic is special and we shouldnt call him on his BS' ... but i call it as i see it ... and as i see it, you are on here spreading misery ... if others followed what you glorify, there would be more suffering, not less ... therefor, it is appropriate to my moral code to attempt to repel it

call the waaaaahmbulance if the truth hurts

btw, you calling me a jerk are against the rules .... i won't report it because i want your words to stand (or fall) on their own merit compared to mine

get better, dude - you're a mess

t4d
        My lifestyle is not ideal for everyone, but it is for me. As for drinking and driving, you musta missed the tons of posts that clearly state that when I'm drunk and head to the river, I drive on PRIVATE OWNED log roads, my family has alot of land! In fact the only public road I get on when going to the river is crossing a dirt road that my aunt gave right of way to the county because of the covered bridge, and that's just crossing the road, which if someone wanted to be an ass about it, I'm sure she could take it back and not let anyone go down there. If someone else is on the log roads I use, then they are tresspassing. I don't get out on the regular roads that the public use when I have been drinking, that's just stupid.

As far as detox, that wasn't my choice to go, it was my families. Drinking is how I deal with my problems and I'm sure there's alot more on here that enjoy drinking as much as I do.

As far as putting what I do out there and having it challenged, I don't know why you would want to challenge me anyways, I don't challenge you or the way you want to live. To each his own. I know that alot of guys on here have become some pretty close friends to me and they don't have a problem with the way I live. You're the only one "challenging".

As far as getting up everyday and going to work and being a contributing member of society, like I stated before, I didn't want to go on disability and have the things wrong with me that I do, but it was the hand I was dealt. Just because you're not disabled in some form and are able to work doesn't mean that you are better than me. I'm sure that at least 7 different forum members who are in the same boat as I would agree. They haven't let many on here know they are on disability because of people like you who would down them, just as you down me.

Now as far as spewing B.S. and spreading misery here, I just don't see it. I don't even know where you come up with me making this place miserable. I enjoy this place and I enjoy the company of just about 99.9% of everyone here and I KNOW alot of people enjoy cutting up with me. It sounds to me that you are jealous that you don't get to have enough fun in your life. The way you put it, by your standards, if someone is unable to work a normal job, then they should stay at home and become reclusive and withdrawn since they are not "contributing to society"

As for what I called you, I am not going to take it down unless a mod asks me to. I stand by it and that's what you are portraying yourself as by your first condecending post. Yeah, I woke up to more than a few PM's this morning from bros with your qoute telling me what an ass you are.

Now, if you don't like me, then leave me alone, it's just that simple.

By the way, my offer to come to the river with me is still wide open, but I doubt in your sheltered little world you could make it.
        Last edited by Lucid_Lunatic; 08-05-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Did they let you ride in any of their UFOs?
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Did they let you ride in any of their UFOs?
            I drove one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
              I drove one!
              Nice, dude! This is the meat of what I was trying to get at all along.

OK, so describe the interior of the UFO. What were the three coolest features?
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Nice, dude! This is the meat of what I was trying to get at all along.

OK, so describe the interior of the UFO. What were the three coolest features?
                Spock, Scotty and Captain Kirk. Although I turned my head when he tried to show me his Captians Log!

Comment

deleted by t4d - it was wrong to do
                  Last edited by tone4days; 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM.
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I was asked to re-post my post, so I have decided to do so. Take it for what its worth.

"I have ****ing had it with you.

What makes you think, that you have the truth???

Would it be better for kids to turn out like you? Or like me? Or like anyone else? Who patents what is the right thing to do.

When I see you Bill, I see a guy who I can respect, but I also see a insane overprotectiveness towards kids... Your kids will grow up to be a bunch of over-protected types, who wont know how to cope with any sort of violence because daddy says it is wrong. Lucid has a problem, but so do you. At least Lucid is man enough to admit it, you just hide behind a insecure facade of political correct outings.

If your kids cannot distinguish between right and wrong, guess what, it aint due to Lucid posting here about beer drinking.. It is because YOU failed as a parent. You cannot protect your kids from all wrongs, but you can darn well teach them what is right and wrong.

And that work argument.... I am sure you have a great work etc, but I have been on the unemployed wagon as well, and had some problems with bad mood swings etc, and I just couldnt handle the thought of a regular job. Lucid is on a disability pension, and they dont just give those out for fun. He has a valid reason for his situation, so how about cutting him some slag? Not everyone was born in the golden egg you were, some of us actually did grew up in a sh1t-gutter and have been putting food to the table for many years.

Your moral code is not the world btw, the moral code is set by the majority and not by your little ego.

-Alex"

Comment

Originally posted by Axl H View Post
                      I was asked to re-post my post, so I have decided to do so. Take it for what its worth.

"I have ****ing had it with you.

What makes you think, that you have the truth???

Would it be better for kids to turn out like you? Or like me? Or like anyone else? Who patents what is the right thing to do.

When I see you Bill, I see a guy who I can respect, but I also see a insane overprotectiveness towards kids... Your kids will grow up to be a bunch of over-protected types, who wont know how to cope with any sort of violence because daddy says it is wrong. Lucid has a problem, but so do you. At least Lucid is man enough to admit it, you just hide behind a insecure facade of political correct outings.

If your kids cannot distinguish between right and wrong, guess what, it aint due to Lucid posting here about beer drinking.. It is because YOU failed as a parent. You cannot protect your kids from all wrongs, but you can darn well teach them what is right and wrong.

And that work argument.... I am sure you have a great work etc, but I have been on the unemployed wagon as well, and had some problems with bad mood swings etc, and I just couldnt handle the thought of a regular job. Lucid is on a disability pension, and they dont just give those out for fun. He has a valid reason for his situation, so how about cutting him some slag? Not everyone was born in the golden egg you were, some of us actually did grew up in a sh1t-gutter and have been putting food to the table for many years.

Your moral code is not the world btw, the moral code is set by the majority and not by your little ego.

-Alex"
                      Well said Brother! I sincerely thank you for putting things into perspective for T4D, but I doubt he will understand it........

You're welcome at my place anytime bro, I consider you a real friend.

Comment

i answered you by PM before you reposted here, alex

suffice to recap by saying that your assertions are not valid because your assumptions are flawed
                        Last edited by tone4days; 08-05-2008, 01:18 PM.
                        gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

i answered you by PM before you reposted here, alex

suffice to recap by saying that your assertions are not valid because your assumptions are flawed
                          And your assumptions aren't? Give me a break and get off you "High and Mighty" kick.

You know, Bill, before I even checked the sound room I opened my PM box because I had 17 new messages, and everyone of them were from forum bros tellin me what a ****** you were being here. I have never personally attacked you in the past, even though I don't like you, but you have the "need" to attack me and try to make me feel and look like a complete loser? Why is that? Do you feel so bad about yourself that you need to make others around you feel as bad? Well you have failed on this one. I may have alot of problems, but I LIKE myself and do things that make me happy, and just because YOU don't agree with them, doesn't make you right.

Comment

deleted by t4d - it was wrong to do
                            Last edited by tone4days; 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM.
                            gear list in profile

Comment

i'm done
                              Finally...............

Now lets get this well back going like it should be guys!

Got some more questions? Fire away!

Comment

Are you any good at drums?
                                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Working...
                                X