banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well Part XXXVII - We're gonna turn the well over to Aceman - SHOCK ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part XXXVII - We're gonna turn the well over to Aceman - SHOCK ME!

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    How old where you when you first got in to KISS and what was the first song that your heard from them that got you hooked (usually it is or was the very first song heard...lol).

What is your favorite pickup combo in your Les Pauls? (I prob know this already...lol)

How many times have you seen KISS live in concert and when?

BTW, nice Well title.
    Had to be 10 - My neighbor Michael had Rock & Roll Over. I'd have to say 3 songs: I Want You, Dr. Love, Love'm Leave'm. Technically that would include the first song on the album.

Favorite combo? That's a tough one. I don't know that I have one. My overall favorite pup is the DD. That's my sound. My favorite neck is the PG. That should be everyones sound. But I don't have that combo - PG/DD. I think the PG/CC is a very hip set. also, overall, the PG/Custom is excellent. And of course, the DiMarzio Superdistortion is just Hard Rock defined.

I have seen KISS live only once. I was 30. Frehley only once (recently) Classic line from the KISS show in Pensacola: "Oh my god! That's my psych professor!" Kids....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      That you were right all along. Now go find a boobie test-passing 70's LP.
      No, dog. It means that you win the prize. Do you want to know what it is?
      This space is for rent.

Comment

Why Ace?, why not Peter Chris?
        Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Bring the shred-fest. I'll be playing the 79.

I'm really a bull-elk in my soul. There are no days I don't want to do those things - but it mostly applies to rainmaker-post looking chics.
          hahah good post!
          You are brave!
          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

What is your favorite color for lava lamps?
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Ok, ok, I'll field Dr. Bill's question for ya by asking a question:

Do you walk around town managing people or engineering at random? Why not?

That will answer your question. It is a common misunderstanding that psychologists are somehow psychic. Although it is true that some observations become easier with experience, effort must be expended.

Put another way: Isaac Asimov's second wife was a psychiatrist. Once, while attending a party, someone told her, "I'll bet you are analyzing everyone here." She replied, "Hmph. I get paid for that."

A follow-up for jerry's question: I have rarely met a doctoral level psychologist who introduces themselves as "Dr" (especially in the applied fields--there's no accounting for the pomposity of academia). Honorifics just aren't as meaningful when you understand the human condition.

Note: Dr. Bob sells himself short: He has quite a bit of understanding of human behavior despite not focusing his studies on abnormal psychology. Then again, so does Dr. Bill.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
              Last edited by LesStrat; 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM.

Teknon Theou
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by SonofaMitch View Post
                Why Ace?, why not Peter Chris?
                The Cat was cool, no doubt. Paul was just....weak IMO. and Gene seemed a bit over the top. I think it was a combination of the space theme, which appealed to me, the predominately Silver outfit, and well, The smokin' Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom - I mean really, who could resist that?

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                  hahah good post!
                  You are brave!
                  see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_IYe5JTZ4

just remember that Yngwie copped this off me. He just can't play it as fast, as clean, or on a Les Paul. Here's a photo of me playing it using the open thumb position:

Scared yet? You will be...

and if not, I'll shoot you with the rocket built into the neck!

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                    What is your favorite color for lava lamps?
                    You know Les, I've always been a fan of the solids, and red is definitely my favorite. I know that seems a bit cliche, "Red Lava Lamp" but I have to be honest. My second choice is Blue. I detest the mixed swirly colored ones.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
                      Thank you Dr. Stephen.

Comment

Is it just me or should I change this posts title to:

KISS Meets the Phantom
                        of Grad School

Comment

Why did you not use that from the beginning?

Teknon Theou

Comment

I somehow just totally overlooked the fact that this would become a KISS convention crossed with a grad school application. Don't know how I didn't see that coming*....

*psssst I just threw that in there to further support the notion that we are not really psychic. If they only knew....mwuaaahhaaahhahhahahha.

Comment

whats your take on the KISS army?, how does it compare to Hitler's Army?, or Saddam's army? or Bush's army?
                              Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

I am a charter member of the Psychotic Friends Network. I knew you would say that.

But you knew that I knew that you knew that...nvrmnd....

Teknon Theou

Comment

Working...
                                X