• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum post *suggestion if I may

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
    Title has been edited. Thanks Martin.

Heres just a beef. Take it for waht its worth, and so be it.;

Please don't come on here offering your stuff for top dollar without any best offer stipulation to other forum bros. We can go to EPay and get the same deal for less and with credit and and everytthing.
    Ive got some great deals here and given some great deals here.
    Its not in the spirit of this place to come on here and ask top dollar for your vintage pie or whatever.Thats my opinion on;ly . Thanks
    Ridiculous. If you don't like the price don't buy it.

-Austin
    "Brobucker? Does it smell like Axe body spray, Smirnoff Ice, and is best suited for playing Nickleback covers?"

Comment

Re: Forum post reminder

I think this thread is gonna turn nasty. But here's my two penneth

To me business is business, if you don't like the price don't buy or make a counter offer. As much as I like hanging out here, everyone is still a stranger who I don't know personally so why should we offer forum bros a special deal?
      I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
      MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
      Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
      MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
      Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
      Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
      K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

I somewhat agree with Jerry to the point where this is a place where
        "mate's deals " are done. However there are "distributors" who do offer
        great deals for Forum members and their prices are more than fair.
        I do also observe those deals that are chasing top $$$ and lets face it, it is the onus of any potential buyer to do their homework.

My only beef is with folks not wanting to deal outside of the US which
        I can understand on a few levels, none of which are really explained
        to any great degree by said mambers........however I do respect!

I've been fortunate to have had a number of members sell to me at fair
        market prices and agree to post to OZ , and also look foward to doing
        business with the SD dealers on this forum as their international prices
        are great.

Just remember guys, you are the biggest market on the planet for parts
        and pickups on the planet (as in the USA) and keep prices in perspective as
        to your own market needs. I know that a market outside of the US marks
        up prices back at home....but remember us members that are only after
        the trades and swaps that you guys do!

Cheers, Will.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          Speakin of woot...that reminds me of doot, which reminds me of doot doot, which reminds me of this.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yogm2hlpnhY
          Thats too f'n funny! I about pissed my pants when I figured out what you ment by "doot, doot"

Priceless!

My thoughts on the subject of this thread is if you've got something on Ebay and you're asking $XX.XX for it plus shipping and you post it here it's good practice (IMO) to offer something "outsiders" wouldn't get. IE: Free shipping to forum brothers! Free pickguard screws! Something to sweeten the deal makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Good karma too..........The dealers here do it. I see alot of guys do it, I see some that don't and thats ok too!
          Last edited by metlking; 08-12-2008, 08:31 AM.
          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Seems like almost every day our friend Jerry manages to post something that gets him into some kind of trouble.

Half the time I have no clue what the guy is talking about. Some people are just wired different, I suppose.
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Re: Forum post *suggestion if I may

Originally posted by austin View Post
              Ridiculous. If you don't like the price don't buy it.

-Austin
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
                I somewhat agree with Jerry to the point where this is a place where
                "mate's deals " are done. However there are "distributors" who do offer
                great deals for Forum members and their prices are more than fair.
                I do also observe those deals that are chasing top $$$ and lets face it, it is the onus of any potential buyer to do their homework.

My only beef is with folks not wanting to deal outside of the US which
                I can understand on a few levels, none of which are really explained
                to any great degree by said mambers........however I do respect!

I've been fortunate to have had a number of members sell to me at fair
                market prices and agree to post to OZ , and also look foward to doing
                business with the SD dealers on this forum as their international prices
                are great.

Just remember guys, you are the biggest market on the planet for parts
                and pickups on the planet (as in the USA) and keep prices in perspective as
                to your own market needs. I know that a market outside of the US marks
                up prices back at home....but remember us members that are only after
                the trades and swaps that you guys do!

Cheers, Will.
                i have no problem shipping overseas, just don't give me static when i give you a shipping quote, and then ask me to lie on the declared value....
                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

I don't think you can really solve this problem but I, too, see a correlation between those who come here to only post forsale ads and who ask what's arguably too much. In addition to not posting photos and whatnot.

I'd be in favor of a minimum post count (and posts in the trading post don't count). In fact I'd also be in favor of making photos a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    i have no problem shipping overseas, just don't give me static when i give you a shipping quote, and then ask me to lie on the declared value....
                    +1 ... i had so much guff from overseas guys when i sold my roadster head ... i was thrilled to take a lesser price for a local parking lot transaction
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I think you're entitled to ask what you want, long as you abide by forum rules.

If I think you're asking too much, you won't get a PM from me. Nonetheless, this place is kinda special. I have yet to have a deal go bad on me here, and the gear I've bought here at the Trading Post, the sellers usually gave me the best-friend discount. I appreciate all you guys who have offered great gear at great prices, especially those who I've done deals with.
                      "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
                      Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
                      guitar pic site
                      Original prog rock on soundcloud
                      Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
                      Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

i happen to agree with jerry. I just hate when someone gets pissy with me when i kindly suggest a more appropriate price for their item, hoping to help promote a sale on their part.
                        Last edited by Captain Crunch; 08-12-2008, 11:34 PM.
                        "Metal just isn't a casual thing ya know? Like, you'll never hear a guy be like 'Oh yea i was into slayer...one summer'. No, i've never met that guy. I've only met the guy that has SLAYER carved across his chest in blood."
                        -Rob Zombie

Comment

I don't think you can really solve this problem but I, too, see a correlation between those who come here to only post forsale ads and who ask what's arguably too much. In addition to not posting photos and whatnot.

I'd be in favor of a minimum post count (and posts in the trading post don't count). In fact I'd also be in favor of making photos a requirement.
                          While we're on this subject, I just posted an ad, my first, and very likely my last, here this past weekend, and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to shrink the size and resolution of my photos to get them to attach (using a canon digital camera and creating .jpg's out of 'em).

Can anybody provide a little insight on that, in the event that anybody does want to include photos or post a trade after this thread?

And my thoughts on the intial discussion here, are that anything should be negotiable, whether or not it says OBO or PM me, or whatever. Otherwise, if it says firm, who cares; that's all they're willing to take, and maybe that's what they need to happen. I rarely make offers on an item for sale, and if something doesn't to fit into my own personal scope of what things should cost, they don't hear from me, and I buy a bunch of other gear that doesn't seem to ever make me sound any better.
                          Some of my current gear:

Wolfgang standard, Deluxe Strat HSS
                          SG Angus
                          Epi Les Paul w/ Dimarzio Air nort/Tone zone
                          Ibanez Blazer ('80) P.Gates/'59
                          Mesa Stiletto Trident
                          Various Pedals @ any given time

Comment

Originally posted by Gdntoneguitars View Post
                            Can anybody provide a little insight on that, in the event that anybody does want to include photos or post a trade after this thread?
                            Here is your solution

upload photos here:
                            Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

then click the little icon (when you are posting that is of a little mountain with a sun. it will ask you to give the url of the image. you get that by right clicking the image.

it is pretty easy if ya know how to do it!!!
                            Guitars: 1978 Fender Mustang, 1997 Guild S-100, Strat type guitar with 1960s Shecter neck and 1980s SD hot stacks, 1990 Guild Bluesbird, 1991 Guild Starfire IV, 1995 Amer. Tele, Guild D55, Guild F212, MARTIN HD-28v, Seagull Artist Series

Pedals: Keeley Time Machine Boost, Keeley Compressor, Keeley'd DS-1, Chandler Tube Driver

Amps:
                            Fender Hot Rod Deville (4x10), Egnator Rebel

Comment

Originally posted by Gdntoneguitars View Post
                              While we're on this subject, I just posted an ad, my first, and very likely my last, here this past weekend, and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to shrink the size and resolution of my photos to get them to attach (using a canon digital camera and creating .jpg's out of 'em).
                              I switch the camera into a lower resolution mode (800x600 or 1024x768)before taking the picture.

Comment

I have a python for sale from Slash's Snakepit. It comes with certificate of authenticity and it's bung has been signed by Slash. You can't just find these anywhere. It was rumored that Slash gave it to Steven Adler as collateral on a crack rock before Adler sold it on eBay. Anyhoo, he get's kinda cranky if you don't soak his rats in booze before you feed him. Other than that, he's a real gem! I'm willing to sacrifice him at the low price of $10,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X