No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the pearly gates for tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone tried the pearly gates for tele?

i have one in my trussart steelcaster , i am not very to explain "sound with words" , and my "frecnchie english" doesn't help me in that way.
    but if you want i can post some sample .
    let me know

Comment

Originally posted by MultiCaster View Post
      I just installed one in a Tele bridge with the Vintage Rail middle and Gibson Mini Humbucker neck pickup. I still have to put in the controls. I'll update this when It's done.
      Multicaster, if you have time to respond again, I'd really like to hear about how the PG balances out (meaning how loud is it?) with the rest of your pickups, particularly the vintage rail. If it can balance alright, this sounds like what I'm looking for in my tele bridge. I didn't really like the lil 59.
      "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

I was gonna start a new thread saw this.

BG 1400 , lil PG for tele , The Gilly...........is there anyone that can explain the differences!? Seymour you need to shoot a video explaining the differences or stop using the man as reference. Thanks!!! I'm after that jesus left Chicago tone BTW. Does it get any better!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Charter View Post
          I was gonna start a new thread saw this.

BG 1400 , lil PG for tele , The Gilly...........is there anyone that can explain the differences!? Seymour you need to shoot a video explaining the differences or stop using the man as reference. Thanks!!! I'm after that jesus left Chicago tone BTW. Does it get any better!!?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seymour Duncan are you listening? Get a nice Ash Tele. Do a shootout with all these pick ups explaining the differences. Play them through 1 amp at the same settings.

Comment

BTW I wrote the SD Custom shop and didnt get a reply so Im guessing they are sick of these questions too.

Comment

The BG1400 is like a really thick, quiet P90. The Little PG for Tele actually still sounds like a Tele pickup, but with a lot of power &, with nice mids. I haven't used the Gilly.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

This the new Pearly Gates for tele in my tele thinline. It is coupled with Benson in the neck position. Tone is limited by a fixed push pull volume with the second volume for the Fishman accoustic. The PG performs well, giving a decent bark, limited by high threshold of my Blues Deluxe. The neck has higher output than the PG so needs adjusting when you change. So I get 3 distinctiv

Comment

Comment

That is a gorgeous Telecaster.

Comment

I agree, very unique!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by SeymourTerry View Post
                        This the new Pearly Gates for tele in my tele thinline. It is coupled with Benson in the neck position. Tone is limited by a fixed push pull volume with the second volume for the Fishman accoustic. The PG performs well, giving a decent bark, limited by high threshold of my Blues Deluxe. The neck has higher output than the PG so needs adjusting when you change. So I get 3 distinctiv
                        tell me about the neck pup? the lil pg should have plenty of output, how far from the strings is it?

Comment

I also have a lil PG in a tele and love it. It can bark and is fairly versatile. I have used it with a full sized 59 and a full sized PG in the neck. It balances EQ wise well with each but is a little under powered so it needs to be close to the strings. Prior to the lil PG I had a lil 59 in the guitar. The lil 59 is louder and has a lot more mids. I like the lil PG better than the lil 59 mainly because I could get better clean tones. I having been doing some pickup swaps and plan to switch the lil PG to a tele with a twisted tele in the neck. I bet that will balance volume and tone wise really well.

Comment

The Benson neck pickup is higher output than the new PG tele which is medium. I may try moving it closer to see if that changes things. Still, I get that tele high frequency bite with a milder pearly gates bark while the Fishman piezo gives a quality acoustic tone. The new design of this PG tele is a tad larger than the usual bridge pickup so cavity installation is a struggle. Interesting to hear other users efforts.

Comment

Working...
                            X