banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well 19x2: Word to your moms. I came to drop bombs. I got more rhymes than.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well 19x2: Word to your moms. I came to drop bombs. I got more rhymes than...

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
    Bro I will answer any other question but this one. It's only because I absolutely can't recall them all. I may post my highlights when I have some time, but there again, no way can I remember them all.
    Sure, no problem. Highlights would be good.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Re: The Well 19x2: Word to your moms. I came to drop bombs. I got more rhymes than...

History of listening tendencies and technique findings!
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
        Sure, no problem. Highlights would be good.
        My 1st guitar ever that was all mine- A crappy Applause round back acoustic.
        My 2nd guitar was an Alvarez elec/acoustic. As you'll see I was (still am) a Gretsch fanatic, but have to swear my love to the Tele. Believe it or not Teles are new to me just in the last 5 or 6 years. Before that Gretsch all the way baby!

1963 Gretsch Tennessean
        1949 Snakehead Esquire Clone
        Gretsch Jet Firebird
        Gretsch Silver Jet
        Gretsch 6120 SSU Brian Setzer
        Sparkle Tele
        My first B Bender tele
        My Second B Bender Tele
        My Baruke Jubilee Custom Acoustic
        1st Les Paul at age 16 (Studio Model)
        2nd Les Paul a year or so later. (Another studio model)
        3rd Les Paul- Standard
        Probably at least a dozen American/Mexican Telecasters/Strats and special editions...yada yada yada.
        G&L ASAT Classic. (gosh I wish I still had this one!)
        The Albert Lee! DUH!
        Danelectro Pro.
        Gibson Nighthawk. Still to this day one of the best guitars I have ever owned! Traded it even for my 1st B Bender Tele.

1960's Mosrite Mark..uh I forget the number. Similar to a Ventures Mosrite. Got it from my uncle for $500 at age 20 and sold it for over a thousand and put the money toward my Baruke. Wish I had it now! At least I have the Baruke.

Les Paul faded w/ 90's

I will keep this list updated. That's what I have on Photobucket for now.
        Last edited by B Bent; 08-18-2008, 12:11 PM.
        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Do you consider your work a job or a career? Are you still in school?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
            History of listening tendencies and technique findings!
            I have always been into roots kind of music. I grew up in the wrong era. My parents are my biggest influences. I listen to AND am influenced by so many styles and genres it is just silly. I honestly don't have one genre that I am most loyal to. I have multiple, multiple, multiple musical personalities. I really do like it all.

My dad influenced me by listening to a lot of the "black music" (for lack of better terms and to help cover a wide gap) of the 50's 60's and 70's. Tons of funk, soul, motown and all that. I often joke with my black friends that I am a black man stuck in a white man's body. They love it because I know more about that music and can sing along with more of it than they can. If it helps I think James Brown's birthday should be a national holiday!

Then you have my country stuff with the same scenario. All the old stuff was worn out around us growing up.

My mom is special for introducing me to Tina Turner, Bad Company, Bob Segar, (early) Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis and the News as well as some of the 80's country that I still like.

I have a special place in my heart for the styles of Chet, Merle and the likes as well.

Rock n' Roll is only natural too. I like all the 50's, 60's and 70's rock that the rest of us love. My dad's buds would come over to jam and they would rock all the good old stuff.

My most important band is Led Zeppelin. I remember hearing Rock n' Roll as a 4 year old and have never been the same since.

As a teen in the 90's I didn't listen to most of the stuff coming out then except stuff like STP, AiC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden..well you get it. I would wear old Zeppelin stuff in those days over everything else.

Blues are huge in my life too. If it is blue...I probably like it.

I still love and listen to to all this stuff on a weekly basis. Oh yeah...my dad got me hooked on Talk Radio in the early 90's. God only knows what a 11 or 12 year old kid got out of talk radio, but I used to love it and still do to this day.

My brother and sister introduced me to some of the late 80's-early/mid 90's rap. My parents would have killed them if they knew what was being listened to not to mention that they shared it with their little brother! LOL!

I am ashamed to say, but I knew a TON of rap stuff from that time!

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            Do you consider your work a job or a career? Are you still in school?
            I haven't been in school for years bro. Not traditional school that is. Yeah my job is a career. I have been doing it since I was 14 or 15. I love my job!
            Last edited by B Bent; 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

What are some of the best OD/Dist pedals you've heard with your Vibrolux, or any Black or Silverface?

If you can, describe your favorite B bender lick.

Who's band would you most like to play lead guitar in? Who's band would you most like to play 2'nd guitar in, behind the main guitar star.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                What are some of the best OD/Dist pedals you've heard with your Vibrolux, or any Black or Silverface?

If you can, describe your favorite B bender lick.

Who's band would you most like to play lead guitar in? Who's band would you most like to play 2'nd guitar in, behind the main guitar star.
                OD's/Distortions:

The GT500 sounds wicked with the lux as does the OCD. I really really like those two. I think the HBE Power Screamer turned out to be my favorite OD in front of the lux.

If I could play lead guitar (assuming I developed the skill overnight) I would probably switch bodies with Brian Setzer and front his Orchestra. The man combines so many of my influential styles and does it as cool as anyone could ever imagine.

Don't make fun of this since it is somewhat of a guilty pleasure, but I'd like to back in a band that had a real chugga-chugga down tuned, hard hitting bass and focused/steadydrum sound ie. Metallica or some Godsmack. I really dig that fat bottom and drum sound all while blistering your face off with gain!

Comment

who's you favorite jonas brother?
                  selena gomez or miley cyrus?

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    who's you favorite jonas brother?
                    selena gomez or miley cyrus?

Both are mere children!
                    Last edited by B Bent; 08-18-2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Jessica Rabbit or Holli Would?

(May need to do a google image search on the latter.)

Comment

Jessica Rabbit or Holli Would?

(May need to do a google image search on the latter.)
                        Without even know the other one I say Jessica all the way. I married a redhead dude!

Comment

Here's the clincher...Ginger or Mary Anne?
                          - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                          Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                          The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten intentionally or unintentionally?

Comment

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten intentionally or unintentionally?
                              Ants and I have had Ostrich before and it is quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
                                I married a redhead dude!
                                Congrats! I assume you went to California or Canada in order for the marriage to be legal?
                                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                                X