banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XXXIX - Class is in session, time to get schooled!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XXXIV - Class is in session, time to get schooled!

Does it suck to have to hang out with B_Bent? And does he make people call him B_Bent (or Vibrolux) in real life?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

i used to play alto-sax back in the day! i kinda miss it from time to time, but i don't think i could bring myself to spend that much money on a musical item and it not be either a new guitar, amp, or buttload of pedals!!! LOL!

anyways...

what's your favorite thing about this forum?
      Originally posted by jeremy
      God hates bad guitar tone
      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Why is your screenname not "Bladdertightness?"
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits View Post
          I play in a band with a 3-5 piece horn section, and I love listening to the sax players. I've also always had a bit of that 'try to play like a sax on guitar' jones. Do you try to play sax-like stuff on guitar, and if so, do you have any hints?
          I'd say that the key to sounding more like a sax on guitar is to produce a more legato, smooth sound... it's difficult because there are frets (generally)... on sax we don't have that problem, by re-shaping the mouth and varying the articulation we can produce a more smooth, roundedness, and even connectedness to the notes

However, it also is highly dependant on what type of music you're playing... if it's rock, saxes get some mean articulation as well, the smoothness I'm talking about is more in jazz...

I had a great teacher tell me one that that improvisations should come out like a conversation, you don't attack words in a conversation, you say what you need to and it requires emotion, sometimes you're angry, sometimes you're confused, sometimes you're sad, and sometimes you just want to enjoy that conversation... I generally try to attack my sax solos like that

... I hope that provides a bit of encouragement if not at least an answer to your question

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Does it suck to have to hang out with B_Bent? And does he make people call him B_Bent (or Vibrolux) in real life?
          it's not TOOOO bad (he pays me to say that)....

haha, we have a lot of fun, he generally tries to make people call him "Lord and Master"... I'm suprised that's not his handle on here... strange

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
          i used to play alto-sax back in the day! i kinda miss it from time to time, but i don't think i could bring myself to spend that much money on a musical item and it not be either a new guitar, amp, or buttload of pedals!!! LOL!

anyways...

what's your favorite thing about this forum?
          My favorite thing is that, for the most part, the guys on here are like guys I'd hang out with in real life... most of them will shoot straight and are not only helpful but they want to help... It's a very knowledgeable place... like going to a bar where all your friends hang out and talk about guitar and life

Kinda like the "Cheers" of the internet

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Now here's the WEATHER: At first it will be fine followed by showers Andrizzle!

Do you and Isismoon have separate computers?
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
              Now here's the WEATHER: At first it will be fine followed by showers Andrizzle!

Do you and Isismoon have separate computers?
              yes

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

I know we have been talking about doing a speaker swap on your amp, but you have ALWAYS hinted at getting a vintage Fender amp or a BadCat type amp (like that one of mine that you always talk about) or a similar kit. When do you think this will come to fruition? I know you just got hitched and are trying to get settled into a new marriage and all that so I totally understand not having timetables yet. Do you have any idea whatsoever or do you plan on trying the cheaper route with a speaker upgrade first?
                I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
                  I know we have been talking about doing a speaker swap on your amp, but you have ALWAYS hinted at getting a vintage Fender amp or a BadCat type amp (like that one of mine that you always talk about) or a similar kit. When do you think this will come to fruition? I know you just got hitched and are trying to get settled into a new marriage and all that so I totally understand not having timetables yet. Do you have any idea whatsoever or do you plan on trying the cheaper route with a speaker upgrade first?
                  Currently I'm planning on going for the speaker upgrade. AND if anyone's got a G12H30 for sale, I'm interested!!!

I'd love that Bad Cat... but I'd also like to try out a Lightning clone of sorts... and I'd also love to eventually be getting a nice old Princeton Reverb or a Deluxe Reverb to settle my Fender amp

Like you said, being married has kinda put a bit of a damper of my (larger) GAS purchases... but it's not necessarily a bad thing at all! There's a lot of stuff I WANT but don't NEED and my wife's pretty supportive and cool about most of the gear, she just doesn't want me going and blowing $1500-$2000 on an amp right now. We've got some stuff to pay off and then after that (maybe a year or so) I'll be prepared to take the plunge.

HOWEVER, at the moment (I NEVER thought I'd say this about a CRATE amp) the V16 Palomino Crate amp is EXACTLY what I need.... It's got fine bedroom-level tones and it works great when I take it out and play through the PA system... I honestly have no complaints about it and for the price, it's gotta be one of the best amps out there as far as I'm concerned! I would have never guessed it if I hadn't tried one.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Re: The Well XXXIX - Class is in session, time to get schooled!

i see you picked up jumpmarine's speaker!

are you putting it in the palomino?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                      i see you picked up jumpmarine's speaker!

are you putting it in the palomino?
                      Yessir I am...

The Palomino is what I consider one of the best amps for the money... IMO Tone-wise it gets like an 8.5 out of 10. (10 being a 2 rock or a OLD fender, maybe a bad cat... something along those lines)

I'm hoping with the speaker it'll take me to at least a 9 for bedroom levels and playing mic'd through a PA...

ANY thoughts?!

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

What's your favorite thing in the world?
                        Facebook - My facebook page
                        Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          What's your favorite thing in the world?
                          too many to list but at the top of that list

in this order: my wife (though, she's not really a thing), making my wife laugh, music, friends, playing in front of people, teaching and watching a kid "get it" for the first time on anything I'm talking about music-related, concerts, and a good movie... I could go on about things I really like... but in general I enjoy life a lot
                          Last edited by andrizzle; 08-31-2008, 06:56 AM.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                            Yessir I am...

The Palomino is what I consider one of the best amps for the money... IMO Tone-wise it gets like an 8.5 out of 10. (10 being a 2 rock or a OLD fender, maybe a bad cat... something along those lines)

I'm hoping with the speaker it'll take me to at least a 9 for bedroom levels and playing mic'd through a PA...

ANY thoughts?!
                            how many watts is your palomino and what speaker do you have in it now?

Comment

If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Who is your favorite character that you read about or saw?

And in real life?

Favorite musical discovery that was made possible by this forum. For example is there a band or song that you had no idea was out there, but fell in love with it or them immediately?

Comment

What's the best recent movie you've seen? Any pets?
                                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                                X