X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The well XL: The well's been filled with whiskey

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
    Those guitars you build are beautiful...

How did you get into wood working & how long ago?
    Ive been woodworking in my spare time since i was about 14 years old. Nothing major at all, mostly stuff around the house, helping my parents out and what not. i picked it up as a hobby in high school back in scotland where woodwork was part of the curriculum.

I started building guitars about 2 years ago after being fed up with the selection and prices of unique stuff out there, i decided to build my own. Def went though a whole bunch of blanks of the cheapest wood i could find before i started on "guitar wood". And from there i just kept going. Not trying to do anything crazy, just working off of tried and tested shapes and wood combos while putting my own touch on them.

As you all know, i build my own bodies from scratch and do all the finish work, but i buy the necks from USACG because i havent yet made a neck that i am all the way happy with.
    Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
      that was an absolute BAT of a neck!!! i miss it though...it was smooth...would be a good neck to put on anothe tele body!
      yeah man...never in my life have a come across another neck like that beast.

Comment

two words for you; Cutty Sark!
        May I have your Spalted Tele?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
          two words for you; Cutty Sark!
          May I have your Spalted Tele?
          worst whiskey known to man kind and...no sorry dude.

Comment

tom cruise for being a scientologist...call me intolerant, but i just cannot be ok with scientology

Comment

If you could have one super power what would it be?

Favorite character you have read about or saw?

Favorite character you actually know?

Favorite musical discovery you found that this forum was directly responsible for?

You live in Jersey--ever make it out to the quick stop that was in Clerks?

Of the guitars you have made, which sounds the best? which was the most fun to make?

Comment

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post

Favorite musical discovery you found that this forum was directly responsible for?

You live in Jersey--ever make it out to the quick stop that was in Clerks?

Of the guitars you have made, which sounds the best? which was the most fun to make?
                I think i would like to be able to read peoples minds because then i could know anything i wanted, basically.

My favourite character is in a few novels by Nelson Demille. The name is John Corey, he is a detective and just one of those real smart ass wise cracking type of characters. The novels with him in it are some of the few that actually make me smile and laugh out loud when i read them.

Not sure what you mean by fave character i know...im not sure i know any characters that ive read about or whatever. But if it counts, my buddy kev from back home is a real character, lol.

Fender strats. I knew about them, obviously, but i was never interested in playing one until i joined this forum. I was a straight up 2 humbucker guy. Now strats have become my main guitar.

You live in Jersey--ever make it out to the quick stop that was in Clerks?I am ashamed to admit, i didnt even know it was filmed in jersey. The 1st one was before i moved to this country and was never popular in the UK.

Right now, the spalted maple tele sounds the best. The combination of a the 59n and QPb is just amazing. I can guarantee those pups will never change. The red strat i built is undergoing a pup change. If those are the right pups for her then she may be elevated to sounding the best because nothing beats a good strat. The spalted maple tele was the most fun to build because the more i did to it, the prettier it got, lol.

Comment

Well thanks for the well this week guys. Whofan will be taking over

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X