This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well-whofan style

whats the electric in the forefront of the last pic? nice pile of toys!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      whats the electric in the forefront of the last pic? nice pile of toys!

you mean the red metal flake thing with the mother of toilet seat fingerboard...? that is a 59 or 60 Hagstrum Goya i believe... that was my first guitar back in 78 or so....
      Last edited by WhoFan; 09-11-2008, 03:11 PM.

Comment

looking at my collection it's kind of odd... i have some more nice ones i never got in the photo when i took that shot at the time as well... my wramoth is missing... you know a collection is out of hand when you forget to put axes in the shot!!! since that photo was taken i have bought a 87 Kramer Striker, a 2006 MIM Strat, among others... a few more amps like a SS Fender Ultimate Chorus amp... i love those older pre-DSP analog chorus/reverb versions of the Ultimate Chorus amp... they make great high gaiin home amps... too thin for band work..

the axe i use almost everyday is that White strat on the left... it's just a $199 used 1999 MIM Standard with a used Duncan humbucker added to it... nothing really special but i keep using it...

Comment

ps... that gold strat in the group photo with the rosewood Fender neck on it is one of the bodies i made.... it's the strat body in my homemade collection photo at the top left

Comment

-Do you understand 'lifehouse'? does anyone other than Pete?
            -Where would you most like to visit in the world?
            -any time with tweed bandmasters (or clones)? -if yes, what did you think?
            -Tell us about where you live. Pros and cons?
            -I was a Kramer Striker 100 kid myself. POS. Given a choice, what wopuld be your ultimate 80s Kramer?
            -Ever eaten anything really strange?
            -If you could choose one 80s hairband to come out of retirement and save the world from evil, action hero style, who would it be?
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits View Post
              -Do you understand 'lifehouse'? does anyone other than Pete?
              -Where would you most like to visit in the world?
              -any time with tweed bandmasters (or clones)? -if yes, what did you think?
              -Tell us about where you live. Pros and cons?
              -I was a Kramer Striker 100 kid myself. POS. Given a choice, what wopuld be your ultimate 80s Kramer?
              -Ever eaten anything really strange?
              -If you could choose one 80s hairband to come out of retirement and save the world from evil, action hero style, who would it be?
              Lifehouse is a story that i understand the basic's... basic understanding is it was a science fiction story in the future, (maybe after another world war), the world is full of great polution unsafe for people, so instead of living real life they wear reality suits with computer programs to take them anywhere they wish to travel... Instead of real life they lived fake computer life... that is the basic concept with all sorts of side stories.. you can understand how this idea way back in 1970/71 was hard for people to understand... Pete has always been a future thinker... That big pay tv broadcast of The Who's Chicago 79, Essen 81 and Toronto 1982's fairwell show was how Pete invisioned the future of rock entertianment... he figured it would be live broadcasts that you could enjoy from home instead of really going to a hall... way back in 1985 as a guest speaker at a computer conference he said the computers and internet will destory the record companies... a lot of people laught at that...

Pete released a few different more completed versions of Lifehouse in 1999/2000 thru his web site... one was a live concert disc and the other was a 6 cd box set of his demos and new stuff... plus i think there is book of some sort..

I already saw England which was my Number 1 for a long time of places to see... Germany is another one i'd love to see... and since i have friends down under in Sydney there would be great too...

where i live is a small city north of Toronto... it is a bedroom community... most people travel for work... it has it's own issues just with that... parents are not home as often with there kids, traffic is crazy sometimes... but all in all it's great to be here.. every big box store you can think off is within 2 blocks of me, and the country farm fields are 2 streets away... it's the best of both worlds!!!!

The Kramer Striker i had sure was junk!!! The one i just bought last year is a POS too of course but i wanted it for tracing the body shape to make a copy of it...! i always wanted the white Kramer Baretta thing EVH had in some 1984 era Kramer ad's... i hear that guitar was a prototype and production models are not quite the same.. but that white finnish, the black hardware and the rosewood board neck i loved!!!

i can't really remember eating anything too strange... but i had dinner at a friend of my sisters who snuck some meat into the country from Tiland and she would not tell me what it was...

80's hairbands have had there day.. i'd prefer to remember them as they were mostly... most of the better ones are still around in one form or another
              Last edited by WhoFan; 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I cannot think of anything to ask you. Whats Townsends history with the Stratocaster? He is useing one now as his main instrument on tour isnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
                  I cannot think of anything to ask you. Whats Townsends history with the Stratocaster? He is useing one now as his main instrument on tour isnt he?
                  Pete has used Strats on and off thru-out his years... Live from about late 66-1968 he used and abused various strats, teles and other Fenders..

in the studio he has used Strats (and teles) a fair bit... In his studio for years he had a 50's brown sunburst one that Eric Clapton gave him out of the left over parts Blackie was made from... it has been used a fair bit... it was auctioned off a few years ago... but from what i hear and see in photos Pete has a few 50's strats around still... even a hardtail version that he loves i hear!

Pete has said that his favourite starting place for tone in his own studio is an old strat or a 57 Tele into a 50's Deluxe amp...

Pete's live stage electric guitars for the last 20 years have been Fender Eric Clapton strats moddified... from 89-97 Pete had them with Kahler and Floyd Roses on them... then in 1997 or 98 Pete's tech helped him set up the EC starts in stereo using a Fishman Power Bridge... Electric sounds from the Lace Sensors go to the Fender Vibrokings, and the Fishman trems PU's go to the Mixing rack beside him... he plays with both sounds on most of the time but blends them from the guitar... the extra volume control on his guitar above the output jack is an EMG preamp for the Piezo system.. These Custom strats have locking tuners and the Fishman is the 2-post American Standard spec Fishman Bridge, not the 6 screw... he has a lot of them in gold and red finnishes.. one or 2 in White and a few Black ones

Pete has always been rough on his guitars.... strats make perfect sense in a way... back in his Gibson haydays he used to throw his SG or LP to the ground and the neck would snap... he would have the guitar glued back together and use it again... now with the strats if a neck gets broken he can change the neck if it can't be saved.. strat designs it makes it easier to repair wounded axes... and Strats are stronger when abused in general over a lot of designs..

Pete has said many times his stage guitars are mostly common replaceable stuff... to us common folk they still cost a fortune but to him they are tools to use... around his house and studios he uses 50's Jazz boxes and vintage toys... one axe Pete used a fair bit on 1975's By Number's sessions was a 58 Flying V that Joe Walsh gave him..
                  Last edited by WhoFan; 09-12-2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Nice collection of goodies you got there!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      Nice collection of goodies you got there!!
                      ya i love messing around with that pile of stuff... a lot of it really is sitting un-used but then again at times it all does get used in one way or another....

Comment

The waters getting a little stale in here, maybe time for a refresh? Pick someone Foo!

cg
                        -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

Originally posted by exnihilo View Post
                          The waters getting a little stale in here, maybe time for a refresh? Pick someone Foo!

cg

that's for sure... any takers?

Comment

You gotta pick someone!
                            www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Pick Pierre!

cg
                              -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

I've never posted in a well before...shame...shame...shame.

Could you give your definition of the universe, in one word?

erm...is that a little too esoteric?

Comment

Working...
                                X