Bridge of Sighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bridge of Sighs

Sounds nice...fuzzy, yeah, but the vibe is just spot on. That's a tune my group has covered a bunch.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
      Keith has gone out on a limb with an educated guess, but in fact, in this case it was the new kid in my amp collection, this guy...

Ulbrick Venue 30, Class A 1x12 combo

It was recorded at bedroom levels, and listening back, it's fuzzier than a Greek farm girl. I'll do something else with that same setup soon...something not-so-fuzzy. Man, that Megavibe is the Columbian Nose Candy of mod pedals...totally addictive! Cheers..................................... wahwah
      Wow. What a gorgeous amp. I'd be afraid to take that thing outta the house Is it EL84s or 6V6?
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
        Wow. What a gorgeous amp. I'd be afraid to take that thing outta the house Is it EL84s or 6V6?
        Yeah, it's a great little amp. Local Melbourne builder, but he's selling them worldwide. Robben Ford and Larry Carlton both bought them when they were last here. This model is 6L6, and we put some nice old mid 60's RCA blackplates in this one. It has dual parallel preamps, one voiced "British" with an early 60's Mullard ECC83, and one voiced "American" with a late 50's RCA 12AX7. The speaker is a Celestion G12 Alnico Gold. It has two modes for hitting the power stage soft or hard, and two rectifier modes for "Old" and "New" to introduce some power amp sag in Old mode. It also has all tube Accutronics parallel mixed reverb and all tube "true grid" tremolo. Dave Ulbrick also hand winds his own transformers. It's a stunning little package.

Cheers....................................... wahwah
        Highway Star
        Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
        Mistreated
        Cause We Ended As Lovers
        Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
        Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

^ That sounds like the perfect little amp. Can I ask how much?
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
            ^ That sounds like the perfect little amp. Can I ask how much?
            The retail on them is around A$3,800 I believe, which translates to around US$3,200. I provided the tubes for this one, and the Celestion Gold was a surprise from Dave, who has been my guitar/amp/pedal tech for over 15 years, so I'm fortunate enough to have an endorsement deal with him. They come standard with current production tubes and either a modified Vintage 30 or G12H Heritage brown tone 12" speaker. He makes about 8 different models now, right up to a 120 w monster, and he has just introduced a stunning little 5w recording amp. Here's his website... http://www.ulbricksound.com/

Cheers..................................... wahwah
            Highway Star
            Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
            Mistreated
            Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Looking forward to listening to this tonight when I get home! For me, Bridge of Sighs is the ultimate Strat sound.
              Curt
              CGord on myspace.com or soundclick.com

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Black Cherry
              Dean Z-X, SD SH-6 Distortion (bridge), Black
              Ibanez RG410, EMG 85, Pearl Red
              Squier '51, 2-Tone Sunburst
              Washburn WG587, Metallic Red
              Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5 bass, Black
              Ibanez SR500 bass, Satin Mahogany

Comment

Cool thanks. They are sweet.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Very cool man!

Now we just need to buy you ticket for a time travel back to the Woodstock in the late 60s so you can rock the stage.
                  My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                    Very cool man!

Now we just need to buy you ticket for a time travel back to the Woodstock in the late 60s so you can rock the stage.
                    Hehe....I'd really like that! I'm actually creating my own little time capsule, back to the years from 1965-1975, with my new project called The Geoff Wells Experiment! Our first gig is on October 8th here in Melbourne, and the repertoire is some of my favorite songs from that era, including stuff from Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Free and Jeff Beck...you're all invited, of course! Australia's not that far away! The good people at Seymour Duncan Australia and Dominant Music, the Australian Seymour Duncan distributor, are presenting the shows...I can't wait!

Highway Star
                    Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                    Mistreated
                    Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

Cool, totally has the right "vibe".
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

That's gonna rock Geoff! I hope you can record the gigs and maybe put out a live package - iTunes perhaps?
                        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
                          That's gonna rock Geoff! I hope you can record the gigs and maybe put out a live package - iTunes perhaps?
                          We will definitely be recording the gigs, but releasing it would be a copyright nightmare. I will certainly be sneaking a few tracks on here and some video on YouTube.

Cheers..................................... Geoff.
                          Highway Star
                          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                          Mistreated
                          Cause We Ended As Lovers

Comment

i love it.
                            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

We will definitely be recording the gigs, but releasing it would be a copyright nightmare. I will certainly be sneaking a few tracks on here and some video on YouTube.

Cheers..................................... Geoff.
                              I look forward to seeing and hearing them!

I understand if you don't want to do it but it really isn't that difficult. For anyone else who might want to understand the process more here is a link.

Music copyright laws for songs. How to legally record a cover version song on your music CD.

The Harry Fox agency is where you do your business.
                              Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                              Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Hehe....I'd really like that! I'm actually creating my own little time capsule, back to the years from 1965-1975, with my new project called The Geoff Wells Experiment! Our first gig is on October 8th here in Melbourne, and the repertoire is some of my favorite songs from that era, including stuff from Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Free and Jeff Beck...you're all invited, of course! Australia's not that far away! The good people at Seymour Duncan Australia and Dominant Music, the Australian Seymour Duncan distributor, are presenting the shows...I can't wait!

Wow. well Mr. Wells.... it's my eldest sons 17th birthday on the 15th and my partner Jane's birthday on the 29th, so I'm charging the tickets to YOU and really look forward to rocking with ya then!!

Oh yeah, I loved the clip, I actually thought the fuzzy sound was great... All the best. Don.

Comment

Working...
                                X