banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

We've shared a lot of our gear over the years. When you're done with your girlfriend, can I have her?

Comment

Originally posted by n00b View Post
      I don't really have a question for the well, but I go to Cal Poly so if you have any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them.
      I really don't want to major in anything technical, so I'm not sure - when I wanted to major in Civil Engineering, it was at the top of the list. That said, I've heard the PoliSci school is pretty **** good, and I've always liked the campus, so we'll see.

Originally posted by JohnJohn
      What attracted you to the forum and what keeps you coming back?
      It's a very 'brotherly' place - I feel like when I come here its a bunch of gearheads sitting down with a pint and shooting the ****! Just good ol' gearbased comradery!

Originally posted by krankguitarist View Post
      We've shared a lot of our gear over the years. When you're done with your girlfriend, can I have her?
      If you really want my salty seconds that badly, I suppose. That is, assuming she'd have you.
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
        I've never really thought about it... but now that I do, I guess it is kind of weird. You guys have basically watched me grow up, from barely a teenager to almost a legal adult - I'd actually like to hear what some of you have to say about that? Anything really noticable/surprising? Anything that didn't surprise you at all because I haven't changed in some aspects?
        I'm gonna say that you've changed very, very little. Take it as a compliment, because I remember when you were 13-14, and thinking you were a really mature, stand-up guy.

A few years ago, the first time I heard some of your clips gave me a kick in the ass to practice and improve my picking. It's embarrassing as hell to hear somebody ~10 years younger than you who's way better

Anyway, now a question....

How are those ESPs treating you? One of the few guitars I've hung onto for any length of time is my old Kramer Focus, which was made by ESP, and it's quality is just above and beyond. Do you have pics of the M-I somewhere here?
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

If you really want my salty seconds that badly, I suppose. That is, assuming she'd have you.
          **** dude, I've just been 1 up'd!

Comment

what's you most memorable forum moment?
            Originally posted by jeremy
            God hates bad guitar tone
            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

i still want my sons to grow up to be like you
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

1) Super, super tight lowend and a great, cutting upper midrange that doesn't sound harsh or convoluted. Fairly smooth top end. I also looooove the response from it - super fast, not very colored, and tight as all get out.

2) For metal rhythm, yeah - I really just can't see myself using passives for what I play. If I had to, I could live with a Custom, and probably a Warpig or something from Bareknuckle. Maybe a Lundgren - not tried one, though.

3) I was most impressed by two dudes: one guy who's name escapes me... he had frizzy, long hair, like the dude from Coheed and Cambria, and played an SG. That guy absolutely ripped! It was really unique, cool sounding stuff, but was still shreddy when he wanted and soulful when he needed.

The other dude was Ronny North - check out this guys solo stuff! Quirky as all hell, but such an amazing player, with great flavor and a killer vibrato! I saw him again at the Ventura Theater opening for Yngwie Malmsteen back in 2005, and he was even better with his own band behind him!
                I will check the stuff out Bro- Thx for the replys- I wonder if the guy with the SG was GoMano? Maybe someone else who was there would know.
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

he had frizzy, long hair, like the dude from Coheed and Cambria, and played an SG. That guy absolutely ripped! It was really unique, cool sounding stuff, but was still shreddy when he wanted and soulful when he needed.
                  wasnt that fabian ruiz?
                  gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                    i still want my sons to grow up to be like you
                    Compliment whore. You said the same thing about The Golden Boy.

For VK:

Deserted island. Magically, it has electricity. However, you are utterly alone for who knows how long. Maybe forever. You can bring with you...

One guitar that you may or may not own already.

One amp of your choice.

One book.

One non-indigenous fruit-bearing plant or vegetable that will prosper and supplement your otherwise-pretty boring diet.

One well-made and easy-to-maintain melee weapon of your choosing for hunting

One musical artist's entire catalog.

You will be graded on your answers.
                    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Can we make it so this thread is about DeadSkinSlayer?
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

What is it that makes you hate Metallica so much? What do you think of Sunn 0)))?
                        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                          Compliment whore. You said the same thing about The Golden Boy..
                          i said it about jeff H too ...
                          gear list in profile

Comment

i said it about jeff H too ...
                            *sigh*

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Comment

Any more plans to do a death metal redo on any more popular hip-hop tunes?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                                what's you most memorable forum moment?
                                UGD, by far!

wasnt that fabian ruiz?
                                Aye, that was him! I met him again in line for the Steve Vai show at the Wiltern about 2 months after UGD, now that I think about it!

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                                For VK:

Deserted island. Magically, it has electricity. However, you are utterly alone for who knows how long. Maybe forever. You can bring with you...

One guitar that you may or may not own already.

One amp of your choice.

One book.

One non-indigenous fruit-bearing plant or vegetable that will prosper and supplement your otherwise-pretty boring diet.

One well-made and easy-to-maintain melee weapon of your choosing for hunting

One musical artist's entire catalog.

You will be graded on your answers.
                                Guitar: Custom Shop ESP M-II based on my M-I, basically that with a white finish, maple fretboard, EMG 81 in the bridge, custom shop BKP in the neck.

Amp: It'd be a rackmount based preamp/poweramp, like the Randall modules, only I'd have a 5150, Recto, ENGL, and Orange modules.

Book: Catcher in the Rye. I absolutely love this book.

Food: Burrito tree.

Weapon: The gunblade from FFVIII.

Artist's catalog: Devin Townsend, no doubt!

Originally posted by grumpy
                                What is your dream 6 piece super group? (singer, guitar, guitar, bass, keys, and drums)

Favorite Metalheads in the forum?

Favorite toppings on a pizza?

Favorite coffee?

Can you eat 6 crackers in a minute?
                                Dream group:
                                Vox: Devin Townsend
                                Guitar: Me
                                Guitar: Mikael Akerfeldt (would also do backing voxs)
                                Bass: James Leach (SikTh)
                                Keys: Hans Zimmerman
                                Drums: Reno Killerich

Metalheads: Krankguitarist, sosomething, Darth whatever (dude I forgot your screen name and didn't see you at the Carcass show!), etc... probably too many to name, and I know I'm gonna forget most of 'em if I try!

Pizza: Sausage, salami, italian sausage, pepperoni, bell peppers, red onions.

Coffee: Don't drink it.

Crackers: Yes, yes I can!

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                                What is it that makes you hate Metallica so much? What do you think of Sunn 0)))?
                                I really actually love the Black Album and AJFA... MoP has lots of cool tunes, but I just hate what they've turned into - it's more of a corporation than a band, and they continue to churn out pure crap and milk it for all it's worth.

Never listened to Sunn 0))), in all honesty. Never been much for stoner/doom/sludge metal/rock/whatever it is.

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                                Any more plans to do a death metal redo on any more popular hip-hop tunes?
                                Not currently - gotta finish up that **** album, first!
                                www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Working...
                                X