banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

When will you be legal?

That is, when will it be permissible for your metal fury to be unleashed on the world?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I looked at your guitar collection you posted and also had a look at what made the 81 your favourite pickup. Since the Squier Bullet Strat, have you ever considered having a guitar with a single coil bridge pickup?
      There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
        When will you be legal?

That is, when will it be permissible for your metal fury to be unleashed on the world?
        Dec 21st marks my 18th - couldn't come quicker!

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
        I looked at your guitar collection you posted and also had a look at what made the 81 your favourite pickup. Since the Squier Bullet Strat, have you ever considered having a guitar with a single coil bridge pickup?
        Considering that particular strat was a Tom Delonge knockoff, it just had a single bucker in it. I've never owned a guitar with an SC in the bridge.

That said, I'd killllll for a Telecaster for certain things, and absolutely LOVE the new Fender HWY-1 Teles with the giant frets!
        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
          Considering that particular strat was a Tom Delonge knockoff, it just had a single bucker in it. I've never owned a guitar with an SC in the bridge.

That said, I'd killllll for a Telecaster for certain things, and absolutely LOVE the new Fender HWY-1 Teles with the giant frets!
          Ok, then I'll definitely recommend you to try one out extensively. Get a good deal used and then explore it thouroughly. I play lots of metal, being finnish and all, and I love the monstrous tone my strat with a fender CS'54 pickup puts out. To me a single coil has clarity, cut, punch and aggresiveness all more than a humbucker, and they can sound very big and thick with a good amp.
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

SoCal! Ventura, California is about 50-60mi north of Los Angeles, and about 20-30mi south of Santa Barbara.
            Sorry, I was actually referring to your avatar. I've been around long enough to know where you're from [/stalker]

Comment

Given an unlimited budget, pick for yourself three cars for three purposes:

sports/racing
              economy
              utility

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                Sorry, I was actually referring to your avatar. I've been around long enough to know where you're from [/stalker]
                Ahh - that was in the 'teachers' portion of the office. I TA for two of my old teachers, so I get to grade scantrons and make overheads in there for them.

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                Given an unlimited budget, pick for yourself three cars for three purposes:

sports/racing
                economy
                utility
                Sports: Aston Martin Vantage.
                Economy: BMW 535i
                Utility: I have no clue, really... some kind of tricked out pickup or something, I guess!
                www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

In retrospect, what did you think of working with Evergrove? Be honest and don't be afraid to diss me if you need to. I wanna hear it all!
                  Last edited by B2D; 10-03-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I felt the same way for the longest time... And then I finally did buy one of the new HWY-1 Texas Tele

AND IT KILLS!!!!!!

You need one, man. Mine is so ridiculously bad-ass. Thin nitro finish on ash, 1-pc maple neck, hot and chunky single coils and vintage hardware... but it's got a 12" radius and jumbo frets! All the classic Telecaster sound but it almost plays like a shred stick. It still fights you a bit but with that flat board and huge frets you can play legato all over it and bend like a maniac.

I flipped the control plate, put a 5-way switch in, and put a Barden bridge on mine and the thing just slays. It's the best-sounding guitar I own.
                    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                      In retrospect, what did you think of working with Evergrove? Be honest and don't be afraid to diss me if you need to. I wanna hear it all!
                      It wasn't that bad, in all honesty, and despite my untrained (at the time) ears and inexperience with recording a full band from start to finish, I think it came out pretty **** well!

Things I would've changed would be some real preproduction to hammer things out in advance, built templates for songs and do things 'properly.' I also would've liked to record drums in a real-ish studio, or at least with some better mics!

My current software/plugins/computer would've been nice, too... no technical difficulties that we had (although we didn't have all that many, IIRC)

Now... how was your experience, looking back? Be honest! I need to know what to change when I approach recording other bands. I have a feeling I was probably too metal-oriented with my approach in a lot of things.
                      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

What on earth possessed you to take a blow-torch to your guitar?

Comment

Jeff, you have ... or had ... an awesome gallery of hot chicks in your photobucket.

Why haven't you posted any yet?

What is your favourite sport?

What is your favourite main course/savoury meal?

What are your top three non-music pet hates?

What are your top three non-music pet loves?
                          Originally posted by Kanye West
                          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by krankguitarist View Post
                            What on earth possessed you to take a blow-torch to your guitar?
                            **** if I know! I had no clue what I was thinking, other than "this would probably look awesome.'

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
                            Jeff, you have ... or had ... an awesome gallery of hot chicks in your photobucket.

Why haven't you posted any yet?

What is your favourite sport?

What is your favourite main course/savoury meal?

What are your top three non-music pet hates?

What are your top three non-music pet loves?
                            No clue! I thought girls weren't allowed? When was the last girl thread?

I really don't like sports, in all honesty. If I have to watch one or go to a game, probably football or soccer, but only because of the crowd, food, and friends I'd be with. I have no interest in watching sports for recreation.

Favorite main course... Jesus. Any kind of really good burrito is absolutely delicious. More 'sophisticated' food, though... I'm a sucker for any kind of really good fettuccine alfredo.

Hates: incompetence, people who don't know how to walk in/around crowds, improperly/over-reacting to situations.

Loves: rain, forests, subtly beautiful girls. I'm a sucker for simplistic beauty!
                            www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

So who's the guy in your avatar? (Has this been covered already?)
                              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
                                So who's the guy in your avatar? (Has this been covered already?)
                                LOL that's me!
                                www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Working...
                                X