banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLIII - Free press for Ripper, sweet!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well XLIII - Free press for Ripper, sweet!

thanks to the good doctor (kevorkian), the well is now mine. so ask away!

..and while you're asking, listen to Ripper's "Eleanor Rigby" cause I'm a giant whore and wanna make it to #1 on SoundClick.

*edit- our reign at the top has ended. we had a solid week from when i uploaded it that it just kept climbing and climbing. but now its dropped, and ive lost the will to keep whoring it. oh well. twas a good run.
    Last edited by ex-250; 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: The Well XLIII - Free press for Ripper, sweet!

History of listening preferences/gear/technique findings! Go!
    www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Have you been using that avatar since Dime was killed and we all used them?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        Have you been using that avatar since Dime was killed and we all used them?
        yes. i still have my dime av (different pic though) on the down board as well.
        Last edited by ex-250; 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM.
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
          History of listening preferences/gear/technique findings! Go!
          that was the wrong question to ask on the day i have barely anything to do. cause now im gonna give a really full answer. haha. im really good at mapping out my life chronologically too, so here it goes...

listening preferences (discovery, by age):
          0-10/11: nothing in particular
          11-12: classic rock- zeppelin, hendrix
          12-13: pop-punk- offspring, blink 182
          13/14: my first taste of METAL- Metallica. metallica then became my obsession and remained so up through the end of highschool. it was pretty intense.
          15-16: thrash- megadeth, slayer, pantera
          17: bush-era anthrax, BLS, started in on southern metal (down!)
          18: utter domination by judas priest. just...tons and tons of priest. complimented by large doses of sabbath, maiden, and motorhead. these continue to dominate my listening to this day. also went deeper into southern metal (CoC, crowbar, 60 watt shaman, alabama thunderpussy, etc.)
          -college really saw a big explosion in the stuff i listened to. i was the only metalhead in my highschool, so meeting others at college got me into all kinds of other metal (agalloch) as well as other relatively wacky stuff (became a big bowie fan too)
          19: started into the dio-era sabbath stuff. for a good while listened to tons of iced earth & in flames. discovered bruce dickinson's solo stuff as well.
          20: motorhead released kiss of death, my favorite album of theirs ever, and one of my top picks for favorite albums of all time. discovered andrew WK (sounds ridiculous, but those first two albums are just pure magic), spiritual beggars (who are one of my top picks ever), listened to a ton of KISS cause my ladyfriend
          21: that entire year is defined by down III and the dethalbum. no way around it. also got fairly big into amon amarth.
          22: death magnetic was very exciting, and im currently really enjoying the new amon amarth album. 22 is pretty limited, i just turned it in july. i also rediscovered van halen over the summer.

gear history (this is where i get really good)
          02/02- my first guitar, LTD m-10 with starter pack (little crappy amp, etc.)- think it was $250 or so
          05/02- wah pedal, dunlop crybaby- for $35 too, ran into some sale by pure chance
          08/02- LTD ex-351, my number 1 for a real long time- $450
          04/03- bc rich gunslinger- $280 or so from ebay
          08/03- peavey XXX 212 combo, my first (and to this day, only) real amp- $920
          09/03- duncan invader, went in the bridge of the ex- $70
          10/03- duncan distortion, replaced the invader, invader went in the gunslinger- $70
          10/03- vox 1w mini-amp- free (parents got it for me for halloween or something random like that)
          12/03- MXR phase 90- free (xmas present)
          12/03- duncan '59, went in the neck of the ex- free (xmas present)
          06/04- LTD viper-300- $300 from ebay
          07/04- anderson H3, went in bridge of the viper- $70
          08/04- behringer v-amp 2, for use at college- $120
          08/04- dunlop rotovibe- $200
          12/04- SX p-bass copy- free (xmas present)
          12/04- line 6 spider II 112 combo, cause my little LTD amp wasnt cutting it at school- free (xmas present)
          01/05- gibson explorer, my new number 1- $1050
          04/05- ovation balladeer 12 string- $725 w/ case
          06/05- duncan JB, went in bridge of the gibson- $70
          08/05- JJ EL34s- $50
          11/05- spector legend 4- $500 incl. SKB case, strings, cable
          12/05- line 6 PODxt- free (xmas present)
          12/06- dunlop zakk wylde crybaby- free (xmas present)
          02/07- LTD alexi-600- $550 (1/2 price sale at the local guitar store)
          07/07- duncan blackout neck model, went in bridge of alexi V- $90
          02/08- duncan PATB1- free (got it for xmas, was broken, finally got the replacement then)
          09/08- edwards FV-140M, my newest and current number 1- $1350 ($1500 incl. shipping from china)

technique history
          02/02-10/08: sucking at guitar.
          Last edited by ex-250; 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

ps- i dont have a pre-made list or anything for that gear history. it was entirely off the top of my head. for the dates, like i said i remember things really chronologically. for the prices...im really really cheap. so i hold on to every last penny and remember where it all goes.

i also didnt include...
            06/07- samson C01U mic- $80

because its not really a guitar thing.

...do i need some kind of psychiatric help?

Comment

Probably .

How's that H3? I've been really curious about those after seeing some dudes on the ESP forum rave about them.
              www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

its sitting in the box right now. i had it in the viper for about 4 years, switched it for the PATB-1 this summer. it sounded amazing when i was using 6L6s in my XXX. huge, thick, but not muddy. when i switched to EL34s, it started sucking. mushy and weak. which ive never really encountered before; when ive had mushy its always been "jesus theres a ton of low end on here" kinda mushy (invader?), but to me it just sounds thin and mushy. its pretty balanced EQ-wise, which may be why its not the typical mushy im used to. doesnt sound great through the XT either. the JB sounds way more tight and punchy through the XT, and i know how you (and most people) feel about JBs in that area.

im pretty much just holding on to it on the odd chance i get a 6L6 amp sometime. cause then that baby's going right back in. it ruled with the 6L6s.

Comment

im most likely going to be inebriated this (late) evening, so ask then if you want funner answers

Comment

The obviosu question: T or A?

Comment

Your answer lies here.

Comment

What (if any) music do you listen to that couldn't be classified as "Pop" "Rock" or "Metal"?

Comment

david allan coe, some other really old country
                          assorted motown & soul (though some might consider that pop)
                          christmas music
                          wrestling entrance music (as my last answer reveals)

Comment

Ok. First things first. The fact that you posted a video of Billy Gun's "Ass Man" just won you about 50 cool points in my book (not that it particularly means much to you, I'm sure )

You say you will be inebriated tonight? Well, I'll be ****ed. I'm having drinks tonight for the first time in a long time as I no longer have the LSAT to worry about. I'm drinking a screwdriver right now. What will be your poison tonight? What is your favorite drink?

Most savage tone you've ever heard? (feel free to provide a link to the song)

Best thing you've ever eaten? Worst thing?

If you could have one amp and one guitar just dropped into your lap tomorrow, what would they be? It doesn't matter if you've already got your dream setup, you have to pick something.

Favorite monster truck?

Favorite hot dog toppings?

Who on this earth do you think needs to be kicked in the nards the most?
                            DayGlo

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post
                              Ok. First things first. The fact that you posted a video of Billy Gun's "Ass Man" just won you about 50 cool points in my book (not that it particularly means much to you, I'm sure )
                              its definitely the greatest entrance song ever.

You say you will be inebriated tonight? Well, I'll be ****ed. I'm having drinks tonight for the first time in a long time as I no longer have the LSAT to worry about. I'm drinking a screwdriver right now. What will be your poison tonight? What is your favorite drink?
                              you take it last saturday? my girlfriend took it then too. she needed a ride to the testing place in the morning and didnt know if they had parking, so i got a free hotel stay out of it. i never expected holiday inn express to be so nice, but it was great.

ill be drinking maker's mark tonight. im not that big a fan of it, but i just had to go for the cool red white and blue edition. my favorite drink is either woodford reserve bourbon (my favorite drink i can afford) or a nice single malt. ive had too many great ones to remember the names, my uncle imports em. macallan's 12 is a good standard one though. over the summer i had some aberlour abun'adh and that was just awesome. i sat there sniffing it for like 20 minutes, it just smelled incredible. tasted great straight, but adding some ice really f-ed it up. which sucks cause im very insistent on my drinks being really cold. its my one weakness. any liquid, not just alcoholic. i wont even drink room temp water. it just bugs me.

Most savage tone you've ever heard? (feel free to provide a link to the song)
                              in purely literal terms, the logical smartass response would be an engl savage. as far as my favorite tone...theres a very long list of situational favorites. i tried typing it out here, but it just got too long. so heres what ill do...
                              favorite album tone- michael amott (spiritual beggars- on fire) -the tone i probably want most for myself
                              favorite live tone- down, feb 2007. holy hell. most crushing live guitar tone ever. it was amazing.

Best thing you've ever eaten? Worst thing?
                              best- signature bone-in rib eye at delmonico's, wiener schnitzel at the local german place, cheesesteak at local ital-american fest
                              worst- raw eggs (its the consistency) or most fish

If you could have one amp and one guitar just dropped into your lap tomorrow, what would they be? It doesn't matter if you've already got your dream setup, you have to pick something.
                              gibson flying V custom and a mesa mkIIc+

Favorite monster truck?
                              i dont follow monster trucks, but im gonna just go with whatever has gone horribly awry and killed/injured the most people.

Favorite hot dog toppings?
                              potatoes and grilled peppers. the jersey dog.

Who on this earth do you think needs to be kicked in the nards the most?
                              collectively, all politicians and world leaders. so while theyre rolling on the floor in pain, i can rise up in their place and rule the world. mwuahahaha
                              Last edited by ex-250; 10-09-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X