Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss DS-1 Mod

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Sounds pretty good through the amp. The tone control could stand to be rolled back and a little but of lows added in, but the gist is there. I don't get why the sustain for you is less with the mod. I hadn't noticed that myself when I did the mod.

That's the beauty of these things, different for everybody.
    It does sound a lot better through the actual amp than through the toneport. It sounds good, but like I said. It just ain't my cup of tea. I'll probably solder and resolder junk in this thing until it's either dead and gone and I'll buy another one for next to nothing and do the same or I get the tone I want... actually, I don't know what tone I want, I'm pretty much planning on doing stuff to it until I find a tone I like.

oh, and the tone control was at about 2 or 3.
    Last edited by Indie P Bass; 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

ok, so I spent a good deal of time playing with my vox and my hansen modded DS-1. And I dialed in an awesome sounding fuzz. If I run the vox as clean as I can get it (which isn't too hard) and then set the DS-1 up right, I get this tone.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I also found a sweet spot with the pedal, where I can get just a little teeny bit of break up, but an all together sweet boost without fuzzing, overdriving or distorting it very much. It's hard to explain, the tone is clean, but there's a bit of break under it, not from the speakers or amp, either, from the pedal itself, but it sounds so natural.

I gotta say, I didn't believe at first, but it just took time playing with it to get some sweet tones from it, way better than a stock DS-1.

Kudos, Erik.

also, please forgive the terrible playing. Lead guitar isn't my forte...

PS. that's the JB split
      Last edited by Indie P Bass; 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Very cool. That sounds really nice. It's got nice breakup but still clear.

Comment

yeah, I'm actually really stoked about this pedal now. The problem before was that I was using it like a stock DS-1, when in fact, it's a whole new monster.

Thanks for the awesome, easy mod, man.

Comment

Working...
          X