This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLV: Live At Budokan

All of your strats are destroyed in tragic fashion. You have enough insurance $ to have *one* production line guitar to replace them, what will it be?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
      What's the best thing about living in Ft Worth?

What's the worst thing about living in Ft Worth?
      The best thing is this city never forgets its heritage. It has a small town feel to it that no other big city has that I've been to. Plus, it doesn't take long to get out in to nothing to get away from it all.

The worst thing is the growth rate. It's increased the traffic congestion and increased the need for traffic signals at intersections that otherwise had no issues just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vetteboy View Post
        If you could erase one band from the annals of music history, who would it be?
        Nobody. Every band that has become popular has had an impact in some way shape or form. To take away what has already been done could/would change the course of what has happened since then.

Originally posted by Vetteboy View Post
        Would you rather have a head the size of a fist or a watermelon?
        Trick question?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          All of your strats are destroyed in tragic fashion. You have enough insurance $ to have *one* production line guitar to replace them, what will it be?
          God forbid that should ever happen.

You just had to say "production" didn't you? LOL.

It'd be a toss up between the SRV and the Jeff Beck Strat. Between those two, I'd take the Jeff Beck Strat for the simple fact that it has the modern features that I like on a Strat and I know I could cover a lot of ground with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            The first time I heard KISS, I was but a wee lad of 4 or 5 years old. The youngest of my 4 sisters had gotten the "Detroit Rock City" single with "Beth" as the B side. Her name is Beth and that is why she got it. Well, I had heard her listening to "Beth" and when finished, she let me play the other side. I was instantly hooked. The sound of the rumbling guitars, the drums, the build-up of the intro and then WHAM, in to the first verse. That was like nothing I ever heard before. At this point, I had never seen what they looked like so I had no idea about the makeup or anything. I knew the logo from seeing it on the record and what they sounded like on those two songs, but that was it.

The first time I saw them was on a TV show in the 70's but I cannot remember which one. I want to say it was Phil Donahue and that very well be it. I also so them on 3-2-1 Contact for the science of light and sound episode.

Favorite album? Gosh, that's a tough one. There's so many that I could put there. For the pure enjoyment and energy, I have to say Alive!.

Least favorite album, Unmasked or The Elder. I actually like The Elder for some easier listening...LOL. Yeah, I'm definitely in the minority there.

What's inspirational to me is their attitude towards accomplishing your goals no matter what it is. Paul Stanley has said for the longest time, you can do anything you want as long as you put your mind to it. There's a lot of truth in that. Ace is obviously inspirational to me as well. He is the one who got me interested in the guitar.

The only stuff I can see that's stupid is how they let the 80's corporate suits get to them when it came to the image. They looked pretty ridiculous there for a while. I enjoy the albums they released then, heck, my first KISS concert was on the Crazy Nights tour, but they could've done better when it came to the stage appearance.

Ace is my favorite out of the original lineup, and probably my favorite overall. I had the pleasure of meeting Bruce Kulick a couple years back at the Arlington Guitar Show. Really nice guy. Had the reunion never happened, I believe he'd still be in the band.

There really isn't a favorite solo but the one that stands out to me is Ace's solo on Alive! in 100,000 Years. He just plays the crap out of that one. It's a song within the song.

Since my first show seeing them, I've seen them 3 more times, twice with the make-up back on. The Revenge tour was the second time, then in 2000 on the Farewell Tour (round 1....lol), then again in 2003 when they toured with Aerosmith. That last one was with Tommy Thayer playing in place of Ace but Peter was still there at that point.

As a teenager, I had a wall in my room that was nothing but KISS posters, both with and without makeup. Once I started learning how to play guitar, Deuce was one of the first songs I ever learned the chords for. Ace was a huge influence then, and still is.

To this day, I love watching those old live films and am thankful that they released the Kissology DVD's. Those bring back a lot of memories as a kid, sneaking the walkman in bed only to fall asleep listening to them. For me at that age, it didn't get any better than that.
            OMG, I think I love you.

Do you know where I can get a big poster of the double-album concert fold-out from Alive II?

- Keith
            Originally posted by ImmortalSix
            I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Where's the toilet sir?
              http://www.myspace.com/nunoslasher

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                OMG, I think I love you.

Do you know where I can get a big poster of the double-album concert fold-out from Alive II?

- Keith
                Down boy....LOL.

I'd watch eBay for something like that. Those posters are getting to be pretty rare and a mint Alive II album with the poster goes for a good buck these days.

Comment

Originally posted by NUNOSLASH View Post
                  Where's the toilet sir?
                  Down the hall, 2nd door on your left.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat.

Thank you,
                  The Mgmt

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    Down boy....LOL.
                    Seriously, though, it sounds like your childhood was very similar to mine with regard to KISS. I was a KISS junkie from age five until sometime around Dynasty. If I'm not mistaken, you and I are about the same age, too.

I found that I was most into Ace and Peter, and would spend about 75% with air guitar, while doing air drums about 25% of the time. Were you ever into Peter's drumming at all? Was he a potential influence for picking up the drums instead of the guitar?

- Keith
                    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                      Seriously, though, it sounds like your childhood was very similar to mine with regard to KISS. I was a KISS junkie from age five until sometime around Dynasty. If I'm not mistaken, you and I are about the same age, too.

I found that I was most into Ace and Peter, and would spend about 75% with air guitar, while doing air drums about 25% of the time. Were you ever into Peter's drumming at all? Was he a potential influence for picking up the drums instead of the guitar?

- Keith
                      Yeah, I was a KISS junky then and still am in some ways. We are the same age too. I was def in to Ace but more Gene than Peter. I dug Peter's drumming since he was the first rock drummer I really put a face (so to speak) with the beat. Well, there was Animal from The Muppets, but you get the point...LOL.

I did have a cheap drum set when I was little. It belonged to my cousins and they gave it to me but I didn't play it a heck of a whole lot. Sure, I liked the drums but I was more in to the guitar than anything. I air drum now more than I did as a kid. Gotta pass the time while stuck in traffic somehow...LOL.

Comment

If you're truly a KISS junkie what broke? Why the Strat love - nothing for the LP?
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Why FW, and not Austin?

Anyone else in the fam musically inclined?

Will you encourage music to your 5-year-old?
                          sigpic
                          "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                          --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                          Originally posted by Lewguitar
                          In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                            If you're truly a KISS junkie what broke? Why the Strat love - nothing for the LP?
                            Man, I saw this one coming...LOL. In all honesty, LP's just don't fit me. When I started playing, I started on a Strat copy. Couldn't find a LP copy cheap at the shops where I lived. Once I got a Les Paul (an early 90's Studio in '95 or so), I played it for a while but ended up having to sell it. Then I got another one a few years ago (Epi LP Standard Plus) and loved it, but realized that my left hand was getting too cramped in the upper registers. It's the short scale versus long scale thing. I love Les Pauls for what they are, I just can't get completely comfortable with their feel.

Comment

Did you ever get any of your fingers shut in a car door as a child? If you did, you'd remember it!! If so, please tell us the story.

Comment

You never told us how big...

Comment

Working...
                                X