X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLV: Live At Budokan

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
    Why FW, and not Austin?
    My wife is from Arlington and her family is in this area. I like it here better than Austin too. It's WAY too congested in Austin for me. Feels more like L.A. down there at times. The music scene is great, it's a cool town, but I wouldn't want to live there.....unless I was single and about 10 years younger (UT chicks ).

Anyone else in the fam musically inclined?
    My mother sings and used to sing in the Church choir. Her and my aunt (her twin sister) sing beautifully together. Just great harmonies. My grandmother on her side played piano. My grandfather on my father's side played harmonica. Everybody else couldn't carry a tune if it had handles. I got the musical genes...at least in my immediate family. Some of my cousins on my mother's side play guitar and sing, more folksy type stuff though.

Will you encourage music to your 5-year-old?
    Already am and have been since she was in the womb. I would play with my wife in the room and sometimes it would settle her down and sometimes she'd kick like crazy. It would just depend on what I was playing. She's getting in to singing, likes the piano a bit (there's a little toy baby grand behind me that she plays with) and loves the drums (my brother-in-law is a drummer). The kid has some natural talent and I encourage her a lot with it. Her favorite singer is Carrie Underwood with Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus running a very close second.

Edit: I'd like to also point out that my daughter is also a KISS fan like me. Her first exposure to them was on a calendar. I then got the first Kissology DVD and she saw me watching it, instantly recognized the faces and asked if she could watch it with me. Of course I said yes. Her favorites parts? Watching Gene spit the fake blood and spit the fire. *sniff* I'm so proud. *sniff*
    Last edited by ErikH; 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Oh, you're supposed to post a pic of yourself. (Optional Well Rule)
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Did you ever get any of your fingers shut in a car door as a child? If you did, you'd remember it!! If so, please tell us the story.
        Who hasn't? LOL. And I remember it well. I was somewhere around 7 or 8 I think. We had this big ol' 1977 Ford LTD 4-door. Man, what a boat that thing was. A whole whopping 10-12 MPG....LOL. Anyway, I was sitting in the middle in the back seat. The youngest of my 4 sisters was sitting to my right and another sister to my left. We get home, the doors open, and I was scooting over to get out on the right side. Well, my lovely sister thought I was getting out on the other side and WHAM!, door on the fingers. Man, that hurt. Naturally I was bawling thinking my fingers were broke and my mom just laid in to her like she just committed a felony.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        You never told us how big...
        I don't like to brag much, but, if you must know.... I have big feet, size 12 shoe.

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
        Oh, you're supposed to post a pic of yourself. (Optional Well Rule)
        See avatar (as long as I don't change it).
        BTW, your new avatar rocks. It's very fitting considering the current state of events with your handle and gloss.

Comment

Re: The Well XLV: Live at Budokan

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          See avatar (as long as I don't change it).
          BTW, your new avatar rocks. It's very fitting considering the current state of events with your handle and gloss.
          Nice. The pic in the avatar is a little on the small side, but it's PUH-approved just the same.

9finger gets credit for my avatar. It's his daughter's stuffed animal.
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Nice. The pic in the avatar is a little on the small side, but it's PUH-approved just the same.

9finger gets credit for my avatar. It's his daughter's stuffed animal.
            What's PUH-approved? (dare I ask)

I knew Brent had something to do with it from the guitar.

Comment

What's PUH-approved? (dare I ask)
              Think, Erik! Think! What does PUH stand for?

Oh, I don't think anyone asked this yet: What's your favorite KISS song. You have to pick just one. (I know, life's a b¡tch.)
              Last edited by Pink Unicorn Horsey; 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM. Reason: I can't believe I put "album" instead of "song." Duh.
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Think, Erik! Think! What does PUH stand for?

Oh, I don't think anyone asked this yet: What's your favorite KISS album. You have to pick just one. (I know, life's a b¡tch.)
                Yeah, Ok. I gotcha. Took me a bit there. Long week, final day at work, just had dinner. In other words, the brain has entered shut down mode...LOL.

Comment

Cool Well!
                  Did you try to play 7 or more stringed guitars?
                  If yes ,what was your impression?
                  Would a 6 octave guitar be a better platform to compose?

How is your sister?

And where you ever hunted by a dog? if yes what happened after?
                  www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Yeah, Ok. I gotcha. Took me a bit there. Long week, final day at work, just had dinner. In other words, the brain has entered shut down mode...LOL.
                    So now that you've entered shutdown mode, can you answer the favorite song question?
                    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                      Cool Well!
                      Did you try to play 7 or more stringed guitars?
                      If yes ,what was your impression?
                      I've played 12-stringers, but that's it. I think those are great, especially a 12-string acoustic. I'd love one myself.

Would a 6 octave guitar be a better platform to compose?
                      Depends. How many additional frets would that add? A 24-fret 6-string guitar has 4 full octaves. Looks like that would be a full 36-fret guitar. That's quite a bit and the scale would be nuts. And also, in reality, how often would a player use those other octaves? My guess is probably not very much. For some folks, that could be useful. I personally wouldn't get much use out of the additional 2 octaves.

How is your sister?
                      She's doing great. Next week she starts her next round of chemo. It's a bit easier on the body versus the first round. She had to have a blood transfusion last week due to her red and white blood cells being so trashed. That gave her a much needed boost of energy. She's very positive and really taking it all in stride. Thanks for asking.

And where you ever hunted by a dog? if yes what happened after?
                      Hunted after? No. Chased after? Yes, several times when I was a kid. Many times the owner got the dog before it got to me or I was just plain faster on my bike than the dog could run. Another time, one came up after me while I was delivering newspapers and I swatted the thing across the nose with a rolled up paper. It never came after me again.

Comment

So now that you've entered shutdown mode, can you answer the favorite song question?
                        This is a question that I know everybody hates because it can change from day to day, depending on their mood, where they are in their life, musical tastes, etc.. However, I have to say the one song that I never turn the radio station from is "Hotel California". I just love everything about that song. It's got everything that a great song should have. A good beat, catchy rhythm, memorable lyrics and melody, incredible arrangement, tasteful accents by both Don and Joe throughout and the climactic double guitar lead at the end starting with the trade offs and then both together on a very memorable melody. Just awesome. Each time I hear it, I'm reminded just how great the musicianship is between all of them.

Comment

What are your feelings on toe socks?

Comment

What are your feelings on toe socks?
                            Frat girl accessory? Foot glove? I dunno, that's not something I ever think about...LOL.

Comment

Frat girl accessory? Foot glove? I dunno, that's not something I ever think about...LOL.
                              What are your thoughts on frat girls? Frat boys? Broskis? Dudedom in general?

Comment

What are your thoughts on frat girls? Frat boys? Broskis? Dudedom in general?
                                No opinion really. People can hang out with whomever they choose to whether it be part of a frat or chillin' at a buddy's house watchin' football while doing 12 oz. curls and munchin' on some wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X