Comment

Re: The Bogner Factory Tour

wOW!!
      Ground Zero !!
      Hella -mazein' !

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        That almost made me sick seeing all of those.
        Me too. As much as I love my Mesas, I would really like to add a Shiva and an XTC to the pile of amps.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

when are you going to rivera factory?
          Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

I hope they counted the number of amps to make sure a couple didn't mysteriously go amongst the missing.......

Comment

What's going on here, Joe? Are you taking this week to do amp tours all over Cali?

- Keith
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Glad to be back in on these amp co. tour threads!

One bonus of the Bogner tour was hanging with the guy who plays through them all before shipping....and he happens to be a virtuoso player....Damir Simic Shime. I hung out with him for awhile, listening to him play on one of Reinhold's Teles. It's an ugly green reliced bastard tele with an unfinished strat neck, but it sounded killer though the Shiva he was testing with 2 different Bogner cabs.

But the best highlight of that evening was talking with a Bogner employee who has launched his own extreme high end cable company... www.colossalcable.com

I talked guitar cables with him for an hour, before going over to 65 Amps to talk tubes with Myles for the rest of the night. Brian at Bogner's new cable is easily the best cable I've ever heard. The thing that blew me away was that he graciously handed me a $130 cable as a gift, and he wanted my opinion on his new business venture.

From a distance, the cable looks silver, but it's got a shrink wrapped clear fishnet tubing over the cable, which makes it feel textured, keeps it from winding up, and is the same type of material used on cabling a high performance engine.

But the real performance is in the sound of the cable, which passes every frequency as clearly as humanly possible. This past week, I've used it with my freshly retubed Bogner Ecstasy halfstack, and compared it directly to my brand new Monster Cables and a few of my other ones. It stomps them all, plain and simple. It sounds as though I'm running through a 1 foot cable, even though it's 16 feet. All the frequencies are heard crystal clear.

Pretty soon, I may do an A/B comparison with some other cables. I really only plan on keeping this expensive and high end cable at home, as well as the studio, since I don't think I'll ever own a better cable. I certainly want to keep this for life, and not abused at gigs.....although it's an extremely durable cable. This Colossal Cable is the one I'll use for the rest of my life for practicing and recording. It's simply the end of the road....and you KNOW how much I value gear that's 'end of the road' in terms of quality.
                The Colossal Cable is THAT good. Just a beautiful piece of equipment that's often overlooked.....as most are leery of spending more than average on a cable. All I can say is it's money that is NOT wasted. No matter how long a Colossal Cable is, you'd swear you're using a 1 foot Monster Cable to connect your guitar to your amp.

I only wish I had 2 long ones, and a bunch of short ones for my pedalboard. I'd be set for life, for crystal clear tone.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-17-2008, 12:05 AM.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yeah, uh cool. DID YOU TRY THE STONE PONY?
                  Originally posted by Jolly
                  ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Too sweet!
                    My Soundclick

Comment

That was very drool worthy!
                      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits View Post
                        Yeah, uh cool. DID YOU TRY THE STONE PONY?
                        No, at 65 Amps, Dan only had a few amps sitting in the middle of the room, and I'm not sure if a Stone Pony was amongst them.....as I was spinning on dark Tequila! LOL
                        But, he had a few of his prototype amps like the Lil Elvis sitting around.
                        I thought he'd have his whole line layed out, but most of the amps in the facility were either on the 'burn in' rack or in boxes ready to ship.

I still find it funny that Evan noticed out of the corner of his eye the Tweak Fuzz! hahaha

Comment

This week, I also got to spend time with a Bogner Shiva head/112 cab sitting next to an Alchemist head/112 cab.

I almost don't want to say this, but I like the Alchemist more. The Shiva EL-34 cleans are bad to the bone, but once I heard the Alchemist clean w/boost and a David Gilmour strat.....uh....that's incredible tone! And the Alchemist's gain channel has a lot of range.

The reverb and delay is Line 6, so most of us will know what to expect. No, not spring, but still very good. I'm actually happy to see those features on an all tube amp. It's about time. I went away trying to figure out what I'd sell this coming year, so I could add an Alchemist head to my setup. Just wait.....guitar magazines will hail the Alchemist as 'the amp of the year' in mags next year.

Comment

More good things I'm happy to hear....the local Bogner shipment is due end of this month, my Alchemist better get here soon! That's way kool ya get to play with all that incredible gear Mr Joneser...really appreciate your hands on reviews.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                            Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                            Celestion speakers
                            Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                            Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by butnut View Post
                              More good things I'm happy to hear....the local Bogner shipment is due end of this month, my Alchemist better get here soon! That's way kool ya get to play with all that incredible gear Mr Joneser...really appreciate your hands on reviews.
                              I may have missed it, but I'm assuming you have your Alchemist now.
                              How do you like it, now that you've gotten some time with it?

I'm curious to know if the bottom end tightens up a bit, using it with your Marshall 412?

Comment

a literal wall of tone..

Comment

Working...
                                X