banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Well guys, I've never taken a turn at The Well; so I thought I take a shot. Thanks Brenden for the nod. Okay guys, have at it....
    Last edited by Butch Snyder; 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM.
    -Butch

Re: The Well XLVII: Butch Finally Does This...

OK man...you FINALLY have your own Well and that's the best title you could come up with?

I say you edit the title to:

I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Ok Butch, where do we start...???

You've had a few problems recently with playing certain guitars and retaining your own identity, so my question is what guitar do you think you sound most like you, and what would a Butch Snyder Sig Model be like???

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
        OK man...you FINALLY have your own Well and that's the best title you could come up with?

I say you edit the title to:

You're right Greg, I have PM'd Jeremy to change it.

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
        Ok Butch, where do we start...???

You've had a few problems recently with playing certain guitars and retaining your own identity, so my question is what guitar do you think you sound most like you, and what would a Butch Snyder Sig Model be like???
        Oh man, I bet I have made more than a few eyes roll when everyone sees my threads like "Which Tele?" or "What should I do to my Tele now?"

Having played my Morse for over a year as well as others, I had an epiphany a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that, while the Morse felt and played fantastically, I always found myself trying to play like Mr. Morse himself, albeit badly.

When I always play my Tele, I sound and play like me; good or bad. It's all mental but at least now I can actually grasp it.

As far as a Butch Snyder sig Tele, it would be an Am Std model with a mini-humbucker in the neck that is loud and fat but can cut and jangle like a single coil when dig into it. The middle pickup would be a higher-output Strat pickup so I could lower it and have it more out of the way. The bridge pickup would be in the the 10k range and have a nice fat twang. It would have a P/G B-bender too. The switching would be a standard 3-way blade that works like a standard Tele would. I would have a mini-toggle in between the vol and tone pots to turn the middle pickup on/off.

That's about it....
        -Butch

Comment

Re: The Well XLVII: Butch Finally Does This or Hide your chickens cause Butch is 'bou

fret height? neck carve? fingerboard wood? fret board radius? nut material? bridge type? saddle material?
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Re: The Well XLVII: Butch Finally Does This or Hide your chickens cause Butch is 'bou

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
            fret height? neck carve? fingerboard wood? fret board radius? nut material? bridge type? saddle material?
            Medium-Jumbo, U-shaped like a Nocaster, Quarter-sawn flame maple, 9.5" radius, Brisge type would be American Standard...
            -Butch

Comment

Re: The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Also, white top-binding like on the Am Deluxes. All finishes would be pastel, vintage white, daphne blue, sonic blue, surf green, mint green, etc. Pickguards would be white pearl...
              -Butch

Comment

Do we get a discount when they go into production Butch???

Comment

That would be one crazy guitar, but I have ALWAYS loved binding on a tele.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                  Originally posted by Securb
                  The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                    Do we get a discount when they go into production Butch???
                    Well of course...

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                    That would be one crazy guitar, but I have ALWAYS loved binding on a tele.
                    Adds the finishing touch. The only time I wouldn't use topbinding is with a white Tele or a blackgaurd Nocaster.
                    -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                      Well of course...

Adds the finishing touch. The only time I wouldn't use topbinding is with a white Tele or a blackgaurd Nocaster.
                      I've got a replacement body being made for my Tele. It was originally going to be 1-piece ash, and I was planning top binding. My friend has gone and put a thick maple top on it!! It looks fab so far, but the top's so thick I think the binding would look daft.

Comment

I just think it is cool that you liked my title enough to change your old one!
                        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

About Telecasters - I am not an expert on them. They're just my favorite. There are many here on this forum who know a lot more about them and their pickups than I. I just know what I like....Sometimes...
                          -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                            About Telecasters - I am not an expert on them. They're just my favorite. There are many here on this forum who know a lot more about them and their pickups than I. I just know what I like....Sometimes...
                            Haha!!!

Comment

I just want one of these!

I've found I don't use a whole lot of the accessories in a guitar.

What the heck do you use a B-Bender for anyways?
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                              Originally posted by Securb
                              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Working...
                              X