banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
    I have owned a honeyburst LP Classic in 1996 and a wine red LP Deluxe about 4-5 years ago. The Deluxe was very cool. I would switch out between the mini-humbuckers and P-90s about every week. I have always loved the look and feel of Les Pauls; but I'm more "me" on my Tele...
    heh heh heh

Have you ever owned a guitar that you didn't tinker with a whole lot?
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
      heh heh heh

Have you ever owned a guitar that you didn't tinker with a whole lot?
      No.......

It's either a blessing or a curse....
      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
        Have you ever experimented with Lenny Breau's harp effect?
        Yes, It's a lot easier with a thumbpick and fingers than with a flat pick and fingers (hybrid method). It's also hard to learn. You really have to have someone actually show it to you...
        Last edited by Butch Snyder; 11-17-2008, 06:03 AM.
        -Butch

Comment

Has a Les Paul ever owned you?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
            I was lucky and learned it from one of his students,never thought about using a thumbpick though.
            Nice, I'm not very good at it at all. I know what to do; I'm just not good at it yet...

Originally posted by HughesJB4 View Post
            Has a Les Paul ever owned you?
            Nope....
            -Butch

Comment

how are the royales?

they always looked kinda cool
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                how are the royales?

they always looked kinda cool
                Honestly, they are very nice. I really liked mine because it was a little smaller than a 335 but still a good-size thinline. I like single cutaways better too. On the RL3, the finish is not quilted maple. It's a photo thing. The pickups are Duncan Designed HB-102's so they're basically a JB/Jazz combo. Nice, but a set of 59's worked better for me. Also, it's not really neck-heavy either. You know how when you have a semi-hollow-body strapped on and and you're not holding it, the headstock droops to the floor? With the Royale, it's doesn't really do that.
                -Butch

Comment

I don't really have a question, but just wanted to say that sometime we'll have to get together. It's absurd that we live less than an hour away from each other and have never met
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    I don't really have a question, but just wanted to say that sometime we'll have to get together. It's absurd that we live less than an hour away from each other and have never met
                    I'm planning another Duncan Forum Members' jam at my house after our adoption is completed and in warmer weather. But, you can always come to my place and hang out....
                    -Butch

Comment

Well, my last day here...

I have nominated someone by the request of another forum member. Let's see what happens....
                      -Butch

Comment

Where and when are you at your most content?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                          Where and when are you at your most content?
                          Honestly? Right after I have made a pickup change in my Tele. I'm still in honeymoon mode...
                          -Butch

Comment

Haha!! You must get that feeling a lot then Butch!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                              Haha!! You must get that feeling a lot then Butch!!
                              It's an addiction. Once you come down from the high, the euphoric feeling is gone and has to be regenerated....

In fact, I just installed a set of Fender Tex Mexes in my Tele. I installed the Tele set and the Strat pickup. Sounds really nice, but I saw my white pearl pickguard sitting on the work bench with the mini-humbucker in it. I thought, "Now that would be really cool, the mini there with the Tex Mexes." Then I thought about it a while. I really like the way the #4 position sounds and the neck pickup by itself sounds nice too. If I installed the minihumbucker, it would change the tone of the #4 position. So I opted to leave well enough alone.

I still think that the ultimate setup for me would be Texas Special Strat pickups in the neck and middle with a 10k Nocaster pickup in the bridge and a mint green pickguard...
                              -Butch

Comment

I know what you mean about the come down. I still get it with my guitars. I play them for a while, and then start picking niggles about them. I then swap to the other, and have the honeymoon all over again, only to repeat the cycle.
                                Of course I need a load more cash so that I buy more and have a greater number to choose from!!

Comment

Working...
                                X