banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLVII: Hide your chickens, cause Butch is 'bout to start pickin!

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
    I just want one of these!

I've found I don't use a whole lot of the accessories in a guitar.

What the heck do you use a B-Bender for anyways?
    Very nice axe...

The B-bender is to raise the B-string a whole tone without bending the string with your fingers.

Here's a very simple demo...

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

BTW, Jimmy Page used one on "All Of My Love"...
    -Butch

Comment

You just described yourself in another thread as "reserved and conservative." Why do you describe yourself that way?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
        You just described yourself in another thread as "reserved and conservative." Why do you describe yourself that way?
        I guess because I'm more of an introvert and not very outgoing. I'm a registered Republican but I vote for who I like regardless of the party. I don't drink or do drugs. I don't judge those who do and I'm not self-righteous or holier-than-thou. Lord knows I've made a ton of mistakes and done some really stupid things. I'm not really a partier and when I was playing the clubs, during our breaks, I would just sit at the "band table" and just kind of chill and drink my coffee.

The guys who came to my place last summer for the forum jam can testify....
        -Butch

Comment

Should I get a 'rewards' credit card?
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
            Should I get a 'rewards' credit card?
            Which one??
            -Butch

Comment

Which do you recommend?

Teknon Theou
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

What's one artist you think everybody needs to hear?
                Facebook - My facebook page
                Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Which do you recommend?
                  Borders....

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  What's one artist you think everybody needs to hear?
                  Oh gosh, what a question!! I would say everybody really needs to hear Tommy Emmanuel; but not just hear, you need to see him to really appreciate what he does.

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                  Have you always been a country fan and if not what attracted it to be your style of choice?
                  I have never been a Country fan. Even when playing in Country bands, I never really liked to tunes. I played so I had an outlet for the chicken pickin'. I have always been attracted to "musicians' music". I like to hear stuff that's technically difficult to play. That stuff can get a little sterile though. I like the chicken pickin' because it's, without a doubt, the most difficult style for me to play and do right. I hybrid pick and it works well for that.
                  -Butch

Comment

Borders???

I was thinking about a Cap1 Plus Rewards...

Teknon Theou

Comment

Have you listened to any of John 5's material? If so, what do you think of it?

Comment

Borders???

I was thinking about a Cap1 Plus Rewards...
                        Oh man, I don't do credit cards anymore, but a good cup of Seattle's Best coffee, from the Border's coffee shop, suits me fine...

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                        Have you listened to any of John 5's material? If so, what do you think of it?
                        While I don't really get into John 5's image, I sure appreciate his talent. He's a lot more than just Marilyn Manson too. He played with KD Lang and others. I get asked this question a lot because of John's love of Telecasters and that twangin' chicken pickin' style. He's a little raw sounding and not so refined as Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Jimmy Olander, and others. However, he is very good and very enjoyable for me to listen to in that genre. I do get a little weirded-out when I visit his site though, I guess I'm just a square.
                        -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                          I guess because I'm more of an introvert and not very outgoing. I'm a registered Republican but I vote for who I like regardless of the party. I don't drink or do drugs. I don't judge those who do and I'm not self-righteous or holier-than-thou. Lord knows I've made a ton of mistakes and done some really stupid things. I'm not really a partier and when I was playing the clubs, during our breaks, I would just sit at the "band table" and just kind of chill and drink my coffee.

The guys who came to my place last summer for the forum jam can testify....
                          I don't know that Butch is an introvert but he does have a touch of the "southern gentleman" thing going on. I had to bite my tongue on more than one occasion while staying at his house because of "northerner pottymouth syndrome" but I didn't get any sideways looks for my demeanor or cigarette smoking. No one checked my bags at the door and no one followed me down to the pond (prolly a good thing) during my little walks and we were all made to feel right at home.

My questions is what is on the menu for "Butches Super-Slumber Party II" and will you be finding a drummer and bass player so that you and I can actually play guitar at the same time?

Butch and I make a nice bass and drums rhythm section but that isn't really what we do best.......
                          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
                            I don't know that Butch is an introvert but he does have a touch of the "southern gentleman" thing going on. I had to bite my tongue on more than one occasion while staying at his house because of "northerner pottymouth syndrome" but I didn't get any sideways looks for my demeanor or cigarette smoking. No one checked my bags at the door and no one followed me down to the pond (prolly a good thing) during my little walks and we were all made to feel right at home.
                            Southern Gentleman - I like that...

My questions is what is on the menu for "Butches Super-Slumber Party II" and will you be finding a drummer and bass player so that you and I can actually play guitar at the same time?
                            As far as the menu, well, it'll be BBQ either at Montgomery Inn again or Smokey Bones (my favorite). But you have to bring down some of that BBQ sauce you and Carl were talking about.

Bass player and drummer - for sure.... (and this time, not you and me)

Butch and I make a nice bass and drums rhythm section but that isn't really what we do best.......
                            True dat, but we did what we had to to make the music work better...
                            -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                              I have never been a Country fan. Even when playing in Country bands, I never really liked to tunes. I played so I had an outlet for the chicken pickin'. I have always been attracted to "musicians' music". I like to hear stuff that's technically difficult to play. That stuff can get a little sterile though. I like the chicken pickin' because it's, without a doubt, the most difficult style for me to play and do right. I hybrid pick and it works well for that.
                              How'd you get into Teles & chicken pickin' if you don't like both kinds of music... country AND western?

Where'd you first hear it and what led you to develop those chops?
                              J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                              mixer|producer|recordist
                              mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                              All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Well I know Ace and Alex Lifeson were big influences intially but who else loomed large?
                                My Bands -
                                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                                X