No announcement yet.

$600 for a new amp and dirt box...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 for a new amp and dirt box...HELP!

Yeah i know its not much, but my current rig sucks...

Keep in mind this is jut a rehersal-in home rig, i do play clubs so maybe something that can reach those volumes, but its not mandatory cause normally the owner rents an amp that we can use...

Im looking for great DISTORSION AND OVERDRIVE, i hardly use the clean channels so i dont need awesome quality there, just a good amp combined with a dirt box that can give me some similar tones too: Hard Rock (GnR, Van Halen, Zepp) and that can do metal (Maiden, Priest, Megadeth)...

I was thinking about a combo amp with a pedal...

Maybe a Crate V-50
    Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

and a Satchurator
    Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

What do you recomend?
    http://www.myspace.com/nunoslasher

Re: $600 for a new amp and dirt box...HELP!

there are tons of pretty decent amps in that price range, some you may have to find used.

from off the top of my head:

.Crate, they have a few series of amps that all fall into that price range.
    .Peavey, they also have a few. For a "hard rock" sound the valve king may be cool for you.
    .Traynor, i think you'll have to find one of these used.
    .Black Heart

and any number of dirt boxes should do you fine. depending on if you plan on using it to boost the dirty channel of the amp or the clean would really dictate what you should get. If boosting the dirty channel, an overdrive like a tubescreamer knock off (i use a bad monkey).

that amp/pedal combo you chose may be cool. I like crate tube amps, lol i own an older one, but i haven't heard much yet about those. I can't believe how freaking cheap they are. It may be worth getting.
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NUNOSLASH View Post
      Yeah i know its not much, but my current rig sucks...

Keep in mind this is jut a rehersal-in home rig, i do play clubs so maybe something that can reach those volumes, but its not mandatory cause normally the owner rents an amp that we can use...

Im looking for great DISTORSION AND OVERDRIVE, i hardly use the clean channels so i dont need awesome quality there, just a good amp combined with a dirt box that can give me some similar tones too: Hard Rock (GnR, Van Halen, Zepp) and that can do metal (Maiden, Priest, Megadeth)...

I was thinking about a combo amp with a pedal...

Maybe a Crate V-50

and a Satchurator

What do you recomend?

Peavey Classic 50 & MXR MC-402 comes to mind looking at the bands and budget that you mentioned !

PEAVEY CLASSIC 50, and an MXR MC402 . . .

. . . or even this . . .

Visual Sound J&H (new model)

My 2cents
      James
      Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

Get a Traynor blue and forget the pedal for now. It has enough gain to get you by for a while. Don't buy the Crate. They're some of the worst amps on the market in my opinion. If you look on Ebay you could probably get the Traynor and Satch pedal for $600.

Comment

i'll second the Traynor YCV series!!

as far as pedals...i'd go MI Audio Tubezone!!!

both on the used market of course!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I really prefer new stuff, so what NEW gear do you recomend?
            http://www.myspace.com/nunoslasher

Comment

I just posted an afterglow of last night with a Mesa F-30

Tubes or Solid State: All are welcome. If it amplifies a signal, this is the place!

I have had the amp for a year or two, but used mostly for recording cleans and mid gain tones. After winding it up last night to gig volumes, I can highly recommend one.

They are discontinued, but they go for $600 to $700 or less with some shopping. Mesa reliability, so I wouldn't be concerned over buying used and all the tone you would ever need in a compact package.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Working...
              X