banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    That was a great story about Sparkle.
    Sparkle was cool and really seemed to appriciate the home we gave him. He really got excited when any of us entered the room.

I miss the little guy.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post
      I put you in charge of new member monikers and this is what I get?

That is almost as bad as a recording I heard of a recent speech in Lima, Peru.

Work on it. Get it right and you may leave a permanent mark of yourself on our humble little forum.
      Oh me! Oh my; I didn't realize i was being delegated to take charge of such a task.

That's what i get for being Sarcastic!

I shall have to work on this more diligently.
      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

"Told her that I came from Detroit City..."

Comment

Would you ever own an 8 string guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
            "Told her that I came from Detroit City..."
            I was born in Detroit but I have lived most of my life just outside the border. I'm not afraid but I am not stupid either!

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S. View Post

Mick Ronson, Peter Frampton and George Harrison are 3 that I think deserve more praise as well as the guys on the early Alice Cooper albums.
              Five of my fave gtr players there!

I've recently become sober, and it is a task! I'm originally from that beer soaked state across Lake Michigan from you, and it really gets ingrained. There is a song on the most recent Van Morrison album (Don't Go To Nightclubs Anymore) that I listened to the other day, and it is comforting to know that others are succeeding. My hat is off to you!

You mentioned a place in Northern Michigan. Many yrs back, we sailed out of Cheboygan, destination usually being the North Channel and Georgian Bay. Of course, I've been in the UP quite a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by HughesJB4 View Post
                Would you ever own an 8 string guitar?
                I might own one but I don't know that I would ever buy one. I am sort of a purist that way. I love drop and open tunings and I truely have an appriciation for what some guys can do with 7 strings but I am just not that guy. I have been playing a long time and I have spent a significant amount of time really putting effort into exploring what is possible on a guitar. Every once in awhile though I stumble on to something cool and I realize just how little I actually know about playing guitar. It's not about being faster or expanding the little bag of tricks we all carry around but instead its about exploring the vast melodic and harmonic possibilities that sit right under our hands and yet we dont see them.

I barely know what to do with 6 strings so extra strings aren't going to help.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                  Five of my fave gtr players there!

I've recently become sober, and it is a task! I'm originally from that beer soaked state across Lake Michigan from you, and it really gets ingrained. There is a song on the most recent Van Morrison album (Don't Go To Nightclubs Anymore) that I listened to the other day, and it is comforting to know that others are succeeding. My hat is off to you!

You mentioned a place in Northern Michigan. Many yrs back, we sailed out of Cheboygan, destination usually being the North Channel and Georgian Bay. Of course, I've been in the UP quite a bit...
                  Sobriety is just a daily reprieve. Anyone that has been where I have been and can make it a day without a drink deserves a hat off.

Our place is up towards Grayling but I have spent a lot of time in Traverse City and have driven through Cheboygan several times over the years. My grandparents used to love to drive us around the northern part of the State to see the sites and eat at different resturaunts.

Small world Bro!

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Working...
                  X