banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

I never planned on getting in on this but it seems Butch wants to put me on the spot.

Let it rip ya darn hippies!
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Re: The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

I always wanted your Triaxis.

Comment

Re: The Well XLVIII: Rex, self appointed king of the Anterwebs wanted dead or alive!

What made you want to pick up the guitar?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
        I always wanted your Triaxis.
        You should have told me. I would have sold it to you.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
          What made you want to pick up the guitar?
          It's hard to say. There are stories that I was dropped on my head when I was very young and I am pretty sure my mother was drinking heavily in the 9 months before I was born. Lead paint was very prevalent in 1963 and my father always made me eat the red M&Ms.

Speaking of that guy, my dad played since he was 12 and some of my earliest memories are of him playing guitar and seeing him leave the house for guitar lessons with his tweed Supro guitar case. When I was 5 or 6 I remember asking him to teach me to play guitar but he said my hands were still too small. I figured he was putting me on because I had been watching him and I thought I could probably do that.

I was bitten by the bug early and by 3rd grade I was already starting to learn my way around the guitar. I don't think I knew much more than a C chord back then but hey I was playing! I was actually getting somewhere by 12 and during Xmas break of 8th Grade I played 8 hours a day until my fingers bled and I left it on the guitar because I thought that was cool.

I got after piano very young as well and did my best to teach myself how to play by learning popular music and digging out chord shapes. I don't think that it was guitar so much as making music in general and I played trumpet in middle and high school, winning a couple State awards for solo trumpet in jazz band in high school.

No matter what has happened in my colorful and now getting longer life, I always did something musical. It has always been a part of my life and I never really had a choice in the matter. The couple of times I tried to walk away from music I was always miserable and drawn back to it.

Looking for love and approval from my father? Maybe so but it hits me on a deeper level than that. It really is a part of who I am.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

What does Robert do for fun with the family, and what's your secret for great BBQ sauce?

Oh, and why'd you have to bring that dang Strat down to my house?!?!?!?
            -Butch

Comment

you mentioned you played trumpet, did you find it hard to develop a embouchure?
              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                What does Robert do for fun with the family, and what's your secret for great BBQ sauce?

Oh, and why'd you have to bring that dang Strat down to my house?!?!?!?
                The wife is a serious home body and prefers to stay home so we play alot of Scrabble, cribbage and backgammon. My 8 y/o daughter loves to rollerskate so we do that once in awhile and we have plans to build and launch Estes rockets next spring. We have a place in northern Michigan that we get away to and we go horseback riding at least once a year.

I threatened my daughter with a low tech version of smell-o-vision the other night. It involved watching Family Guy until Peter farts and then I told her she had to smell my finger. It was pretty funny if you are in to that sort of thing.

Open Pit.

I brought the Strat because I thought it was an interesting guitar. I almost left it for you but I choked at the last minute and almost sold it to you after I got back but now I am playing it a lot and I am glad I kept it. Thats ok though because after watching your trials and tribulations regarding guitars I now see that you don't need a heavily modded Strat, you need therapy!

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                  Not particularily but chapped lips in the the cold Michigan winters was a bit rough. I got braces in 10th grade and after that it was hard to maintain pucker-face without shredding my lips.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

could you play up to double high C?
                    Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

could you play up to double high C?
                      I was good to double high D but after that it was hit and miss.

Maynard Ferguson was my hero for a time.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

What is the thing about being an admin that you dig the most? what do you dislike the most?

What's your favorite: Beer? Liquor? Mixed Drink? Wine?

Who is the most under-rated/unappreciated guitarist around?

WHich famous guitar icon do you really not get, or think the world would have been just fine without?
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          What is the thing about being an admin that you dig the most? what do you dislike the most?

What's your favorite: Beer? Liquor? Mixed Drink? Wine?

Who is the most under-rated/unappreciated guitarist around?

WHich famous guitar icon do you really not get, or think the world would have been just fine without?
                          I am not sure what I like the most. The gloss thing can be fun and having big stars ROCKS! Being a beta tester and being asked to write a large section for the SD faqs page was cool. Getting the occasional free pickup or pedal definately doesn't swallow either!

The bad part is having to remove people from the site. I didn't realize how important this place was to me as a resource and social network until 2 years ago when financial difficulties caused me to leave for a few months so I know that when I have to do my job that there is someone on the other side of the screen that is now bummed by what I had to do. Some people make that decision easier than others but I am always careful to consider other peoples feelings and my motives before I pull the trigger. At the end of the day though I know that if I don't do it the folks at SD will find someone else to moderate this site. It is seriously not as easy a job as you might think.

I was a 2 fifth a day vodka drinker for several years and I have been sober now over 10. Alcohol and I do not mix well.

Mick Ronson, Peter Frampton and George Harrison are 3 that I think deserve more praise as well as the guys on the early Alice Cooper albums.

I try not to slam working musicians as over-rated. It's hard to point fingers when they have the gig and I do not. There are plenty of marginal players out there making money but what does that say about me?

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

What gig would you love to sit in on?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Wow, thats a hard one. I have a fairly solid background in jazz and I love to improvise and play over grooves and vamps and let things sort of evolve but I am too rock to play the blues and keep it authentic. I tend to play up to the gig and the more I am challenged on stage the more that comes out.

If Jeff Beck and Jam Hamer ever got back together I'd sell a kidney to play 2nd guitar.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Working...
                              X