Νew speaker for Fender hot rod deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Νew speaker for Fender hot rod deluxe

I would like to change the stock speaker on my 1x12 fender hot rod deluxe combo. Please keep in mind i am aiming to improve the (already nice) clean tone of the amp as i don't care and do not use the other 2 channels of the amp since i am getting all my distorted sounds from pedals. So my main goal is to have THE best clean sound as a basis and work from there with my pedals.

Could you please advice me on some good clean speakers with good headroom(no thanks, V30 are excluded ).

Most people i talked to said that the Eminence tonker is a nice clean speaker but judging from eminence's tone guide

Eminence Speaker is America's premier manufacturer of guitar speakers, bass speakers, and professional audio loudspeakers since 1966.

and some online samples

Eminence Speaker is America's premier manufacturer of guitar speakers, bass speakers, and professional audio loudspeakers since 1966.

i am afraid that it might be a little bit dark????Is that the case?

Re: Νew speaker for Fender hot rod deluxe

I think the swamp thing would be perfect.
    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

A nice smooth speaker with a great top end for this application could be the Screamin' Eagle. I'd put that one on your list FI.
      Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
      Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Be advised that the Screaming Eagle is very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
          Be advised that the Screaming Eagle is very bright.

You have to really try one. It isn't that bright. It has a smooth top end and isn't spikey at all. It kinda reminds me of a Classic Lead without the big bottom. But, it isn't a dark speaker, that is for sure.

The Emi clips can be deceiving.
          Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
          Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Originally posted by wixedmords View Post
            The Emi clips can be deceiving.
            Maybe that's the reason why I thought it is bright. However, the Harmony-central results also say "bright."

However, I have often thought the eminence clips and the descriptions on the PDF do not exactly match up.

If you have one or have tried it, I am in no position to argue, since I have not!

Comment

I have one under my bed that I pulled from my large 1x12. because it just had too much of a exaderated jensen tone. it is bright but in a good non spike way. it actually does overdriven sounds really well and the breakup is pleasent and quicker than you might think. but remember its only a 50watt speaker...

the tight bass is the best part of the eagle.
              #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
              #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
              #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
              #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
              #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
              Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
              Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
              Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs View Post
                I would like to change the stock speaker on my 1x12 fender hot rod deluxe combo. Please keep in mind i am aiming to improve the (already nice) clean tone of the amp as i don't care and do not use the other 2 channels of the amp since i am getting all my distorted sounds from pedals. So my main goal is to have THE best clean sound as a basis and work from there with my pedals.

Could you please advice me on some good clean speakers with good headroom(no thanks, V30 are excluded ).

Most people i talked to said that the Eminence tonker is a nice clean speaker but judging from eminence's tone guide

and some online samples

i am afraid that it might be a little bit dark????Is that the case?

Mmmm, so you want a Fender Hot Rod tone, just better !
                You do not want to colour the tone . . . so why not look at the speakers that are in the top of the line Fenders as stock ?
                Someof those units must come with well known brands, right ?

I see the Delux Reverb comes with a Jensen® C-12K - and every one love the DRRI tone - i DO !!!

Princeton Reverb is comming with a Jensen® C-10R - sure there must be a 12" units of this one too !

Super reverb comes with Jensen® P10R

Twin Reverb have Jensen® C-12K speakers

'59 Bassman's have Jensen® P-10R's

Vibrolux has Jensen® P10R

. . . so i think it is safe to say you should take a look at the entire Jensen rage !

Hope this helps.
                James
                Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

i love my dr tone but dont like many of the jensen speakers. the c12k sucks, the c10r sucks, the p10r suck slightly less than the c10r. my friends dr ri has a c12n that came stock as far as i know

weber makes way better jensen speakers than the new jensen. for the money im a big fan of the eminence line. i use a cannabis rex in my dr and love it. took forever to really break in though.

Comment

let me add one more possibility...Has anyone tried the eminence red white and blue????? (i am trying to stay within the eminence range because i can find them easily over here)

Comment

Id go with the Eminence Cannabis Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        ......... for the money im a big fan of the eminence line. i use a cannabis rex in my dr and love it. took forever to really break in though.

+1 On the Cannabis Rex. It has a very smooth, predictable response ... clean or dirty. Like Jeremy said, it starts a little tight and gets better with use.

Highly Recommended!
                        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          i love my dr tone but dont like many of the jensen speakers. the c12k sucks, the c10r sucks, the p10r suck slightly less than the c10r. my friends dr ri has a c12n that came stock as far as i know

weber makes way better jensen speakers than the new jensen. for the money im a big fan of the eminence line. i use a cannabis rex in my dr and love it. took forever to really break in though.
                          Mmmm, great to know - i always thought that the Jensens are top quality stuff

I too, only heard very good things about the entire Eminence range !!!
                          A fair bit cheaper too i think !

James
                          Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

I'd talk to Ted Weber. He has some great offerings.

I also use the Celestion V30 in your amp model a lot.
                            Myles S. Rose
                            http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com
                            http://la-economy.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.facebook.com/mylesr

Comment

Originally posted by SlowGroove View Post
                              Mmmm, great to know - i always thought that the Jensens are top quality stuff

James
                              Yeah, the old ones are...the new ones don't sound like the old ones though.

To the OP: I have a set of Tonkers (based on Fanes) in my Bandmaster Reverb and a set of Swamp Thangs in my cab for my BF Bandmaster non reverb amp. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those speakers; they do Fender cleans all day long. The Swamp has big freakin' lows though...almost too much in a closed back cab. The Tonkers have some sizzle with drive (which I like alot) and don't get loose on the bass even with some volume.
                              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
                              X