This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE WELL LII - Proper Rubber Use

Should I get a Hot Spot monitor for my onstage rig?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Imp View Post
      oo, good question. to be honest it's gone quiet here a bit recently, but with regard to coldplay i have to say i massively prefer their old stuff - the songwritings a lot more focused and the sound's a lot more intimate. Check out parachutes.

muse are probably one of the more important new british bands, with origin of symmetry being their personal best. awesome use of sonic space by a three-peice band, and his voice is absolutely fantastic if that's what you're into.

Other than that, we kind of rest on our laurels.. considering this is the place that gave the world pink floyd, dire straits and led zeppelin, that's not such a bad thing

dire straits are a sweet band. if i had to pick a single band to represent british rock music tastes, it'd be the one responsible for 'money for nothing'
      Have you heard The Feeling? If so, what do you think of them?

Football fan? Who do you cheer for?
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Check out parachutes.

muse are probably one of the more important new british bands, with origin of symmetry being their personal best. awesome use of sonic space by a three-peice band, and his voice is absolutely fantastic if that's what you're into.
        Yeah...Parachutes is one of my favorite CD's. It's what turned me onto Coldplay, and I must have listened to it hundreds of times. Some of my older friends who grew up in The Beatles era have taken my advise and now like them the same way they liked the fab four back when they were teenagers.

I've been meaning to check out Muse for a long time, so I'll probably take your recommendation on 'Origin of Symetry.'

I like a lot of different music, but I'm always interested in what young people on the other side of the pond are into.....we've been like that since the 60's over here.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          Have you heard The Feeling? If so, what do you think of them?

Football fan? Who do you cheer for?
          yeah the feeling are alright by me, sometimes you've just gotta applaud the sheer catchiness of someone's songwriting! i wouldn't like travel miles to see them live, but i'll listen to them on the radio

i never really massively got into football, but i paid attention to the goings on of manchester united for the first half of the nineties.. the days of eric cantona and peter schmeichel

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
          Should I get a Hot Spot monitor for my onstage rig?
          i've never heard of the band, but if you can make your own onstage monitor practical you've gotta do it!! it makes such a massive difference having a balanced monitor feed to yourself onstage.. it tightens everything up by a massive amount, fills you with confidence.. plus you can rest your foot somewhere for the solo

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
          If you had to move to a country that wasn't the UK or the US, where would you go?
          canada, NZ, or australia. i'm on the 'desired occupation' list for all three

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            I've been meaning to check out Muse for a long time, so I'll probably take your recommendation on 'Origin of Symetry.'
            cool! it's mostly done with a z-vex fuzz factory -listen to plug in baby! he gets some awesome sounds out of it. i think a large part of the impact of the record is a fuzz-guitar trio with a massive sound.. almost like how hendrix approached his sound..

The guy's a good pianist as well, i've seen them a bunch of times live and i'm always impressed.

Comment

who is the most influncial american band to you? why? any runner ups?
              Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
              ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

i've never heard of the band, but if you can make your own onstage monitor practical you've gotta do it!! it makes such a massive difference having a balanced monitor feed to yourself onstage.. it tightens everything up by a massive amount, fills you with confidence.. plus you can rest your foot somewhere for the solo
                Someone's obviously never seen a HotSpot monitor
                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

What piece of gear can you not do without?

Where is your favourite part of the world?

Lager or bitter???

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                    Someone's obviously never seen a HotSpot monitor
                    i've had a look.. you'd need a good sense of balance to stand on that!

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                    What piece of gear can you not do without?

Where is your favourite part of the world?

Lager or bitter???
                    gearwise, i find having the right pick (depends on what i'm playing, but dunlop tortex picks are great) makes all the difference. that and having strings in reasonable condition.. i can never stick with it if either of these is in the way!

favourite part of the world? tricky one. i've not travelled anywhere near as far as i'd have liked - i've been to china but i wouldn't exactly call it my favourite place in the world, for a few reasons!

if i picture anywhere in the world it could be, it'd be sitting in a booth in my local in croydon with my friends and family with me.. people make my world more than places!

and bitter. since i've been in wales i've been drinking brains at every opportunity, it's fantastic!

Originally posted by Mattt
                    What would you say is your level of physical fitness?

Are you a machine, or a lazy slob?
                    i'm ashamed of my current form. i've gone from 87kg to about 94kg over a couple of months, just because of work and rest patterns.

i work 7-5 four days a week, so half the week literally flies by between work and sleep. weekends, i trek all over the country to visit people. my plan is to join a gym, get my car up here, and start on a routine hour slot somewhere in the week.

saying that, i'm still faring a lot better than many of the locals i see! wales has a hell of a lot of fat people about compared with london!

Comment

"chav fatty mingers"

translation please
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                        "chav fatty mingers"

translation please
                        overproportioned ladies of particularly poor social grace and physical appearance.

Comment

Ever played a guitar with Dunlop 6000 frets?

Comment

Mott the Hoople fan? I understand Mick Ralphs plays around a bit on a local level...I'd love to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by HughesJB4 View Post
                              Ever played a guitar with Dunlop 6000 frets?
                              probably! i've not played a guitar that's been restrung with them, but the big fat frets on my ibanezes seems to be similar from what i've read

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                              Mott the Hoople fan? I understand Mick Ralphs plays around a bit on a local level...I'd love to see that.
                              i've never given him a listen, i'm afraid! london's the kind of town where a world-class musician can fade to total obsolescence simply because the live music scene is so busy.. i'll give him a listen though, i don't know what i might be missing

Comment

i figure that's pretty much a wrap from me

take it away, theodie!

Comment

Working...
                                X