Peavey Vypyr settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Vypyr settings

I picked up a Vypyr 30 the other day just to play around with. Some of the models are pretty impressive. The 6505 sounds great and the Classic 50 is real nice too.

Just wondering if anyone else is playing one and if so what settings are you using? Best blues settings? Best classic rock? Metallica? Radiohead etc?

Re: Peavey Vypyr settings

There is a website that was created to share Vypyr settings. Here is the link: http://geronigroove.free.fr/vypyr/?choice=select

It hasn't been active very long so spread the word. I have a Vypyr 60 and would like to see some settings that other people are using. I will be posting mine on the site today.

Comment

is there another site for what to do when it breaks down? nyuk nyuk nyuk

Comment

Peavey has a settings sticky thread in their VYPYR subfourm as well.

It should be at the top of this link Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          is there another site for what to do when it breaks down? nyuk nyuk nyuk
          Yeah, ridiculously old Peavey amps that have been abused to hell and back with little to no maintenance issues ever are certainly something you never see....

Oh, wait a second
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            Yeah, ridiculously old Peavey amps that have been abused to hell and back with little to no maintenance issues ever are certainly something you never see....

Oh, wait a second
            c'mon, we've all heard and read about the vyper horror stories. peavey in general is sturdy, yes. I think the vyper sounds great. But the break-down reviews I've seen and the loose knobs made me cross it off the list. sorry to derail the thread yo. you don't want me to bring Ron back, he's got a thing for you, JBFH!
            Last edited by DankStar; 05-01-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

i like the tones of some of those vypyrs too but it's true that they break down...the rep at my shop actually told us they have to be rebooted like computers.

i had one customer buy the 15 watter and it broke...he proceeded to upgrade to each different size and wattage (which broke) until his 100watter broke and that was the end. he's got a line 6 now.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
              X