Collaboration Track - 12 Bar Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Collaboration Track - 12 Bar Blues

THis is just a fun take. I figure it needed a wah.

My apologizes to all you real wah experts. I am a very heavy footed guy.

Comment

OK, I updated the list - we're at 10 entries now.

I'm gonna be on vacation in South Carolina for the next week, so after I get back from that I'll start thinkin about putting everything together.

Great contributions so far!
      - Jackson USA Soloist SL1
      - Taylor Solidbody Standard
      - 1968 Gibson B25 Natural
      - Ampeg VH140C
      - Epiphone Valve Junior head w/custom cab in the works
      - 1978 Univox solid state combo w/nasty spring reverb

Interstate X - my recorded stuff

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
        very cool Al ... you hit the pocket solid and the tone, as always, is just drippin' .... always love to hear your playing

mark - you brought the rock, bro ... might fine riffage ...

still learnin - sweet tone .... liquidy! ... i like the way you move the beat around - sometimes laggin back and sometimes pressing into it
        Thanks! I just recorded a clean Silent Night video and was putting in clean takes on this but felt the need to get that amp crankin.

Originally posted by Vetteboy View Post
        OK, I updated the list - we're at 10 entries now.

I'm gonna be on vacation in South Carolina for the next week, so after I get back from that I'll start thinkin about putting everything together.

Great contributions so far!
        Haha, what timing

Stilllearnin': Is that Fiat 650p in your avatar?
        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

****...this might be the motivation i need to get my recording stuff back up and running. I am digging this backing track!!
          Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
            Stilllearnin': Is that Fiat 650p in your avatar?
            I believe so - picture taken while I was in Budapest last summer.
            GEAR:
            Guitars, amps, recording gear

Bandmix page

Comment

Originally posted by scottish View Post
              ****...this might be the motivation i need to get my recording stuff back up and running. I am digging this backing track!!
              Sweet. More NJ representin'.
              - Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Originally posted by StillLearnin' View Post
                I believe so - picture taken while I was in Budapest last summer.
                Crazy
                "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Nope...just got home from South Carolina over the weekend and haven't touched a guitar in two weeks.

Once I get back to normal life I'll be lookin to put this together...probably in the next week or so.
                    - Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Nope...just got home from South Carolina over the weekend and haven't touched a guitar in two weeks.

Once I get back to normal life I'll be lookin to put this together...probably in the next week or so.
                      Is there still time for my one-note guitar solo?
                      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                        Is there still time for my one-note guitar solo?
                        only if it is the right one note and a b!tchin' rhythmic figure

which is to say, sure, why not

cheers
                        t4d
                        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Just your neighborhood friendly bump (just in case...)

Comment

I hope I'm not too late, I just saw this thread tonight and have rushed something through. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I wanted to get in on this before it's closed.

Oh sorry, I ignored the part about not putting in as many notes as possible... Hehehehe.
                            If I have time I'd like to work on it, and do something better - I don't mean three weeks, just tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Diocletian; 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                              I don't mean three weeks, just tomorrow.
                              If you wanna do something else, that's cool - I'll still be another few days before I get to this. Haven't forgotten though.

The biggest challenge for me is gonna be doing the drum track for 12+ repeats of a twelve-bar blues. That's 48 beats per segment, which is ~30 seconds each...this thing is gonna be nearly 10 minutes by the time it's all mixed. If I lose count and skip a segment or two I'm going to be pissed.
                              - Ampeg VH140C

Comment

If you wanna do something else, that's cool - I'll still be another few days before I get to this. Haven't forgotten though.

The biggest challenge for me is gonna be doing the drum track for 12+ repeats of a twelve-bar blues. That's 48 beats per segment, which is ~30 seconds each...this thing is gonna be nearly 10 minutes by the time it's all mixed. If I lose count and skip a segment or two I'm going to be pissed.
                                Copy and paste! (I'm sure it won't be too noticeable)

Comment

Working...
                                X