banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK!!!!!! the official prog song thing w/ only guitar is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK!!!!!! the official prog song thing w/ only guitar is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, i recorded what teh guitar riffs should sound like today. but i must remind you all that this is still the low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low,low low, low, low, low, low, low, low, lowlowlowlowlowlowlowlowlowlowlowlowlow stage of the process

it's a little longer than 8 minutes and has a bunch of key changes in it so it has ot be good :fing25:

enjoy this, as it'll soon become a prog metal masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing25:

Re: OK!!!!!! the official prog song thing w/ only guitar is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on?

Comment

Re: OK!!!!!! the official prog song thing w/ only guitar is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listening critically now.... Keeping in mind that it's still in it's infancy.

Beggining is reminiscent of Pull Me under, the clean intro and the first verses. The clean sound is real nice and well played. When it gets dirty, I'd like to hear a little more crunch, but I'm an 80's kind of guy. It will sound much better when the rest fills in I'm sure.

About 2:10 a complete change. Now this is sounding rather original. It sounds nice, but will need vocals or something to tie it all together. The crunch verse here sounds better than the first one tonally (to me at least).

About 4:15 back to heavy. Good riffing, I'd like a bigger sound, tho. The single line diatonic riffage at 4:50 might be a good place to double up another guitar a 3rd or octave above... just a thought.

The riffage at 4:30 wants a nice acoustic arpeggiated number over the top (in my head).

6:03, and we're building up to something. I want to hear a nice looooong lead run or solo over the top of it here? It's begging for the big climax soon.

6:53. Good job, back to the original theme (very DT here)

End. It could seque into another song... it sounds open for that kind of thing.

Moom, guys like you an Nuntius never fail to pi** me off... Young, talented, and with lots of time to go places

I think this sounds great so far! And, I think the tune has tons of potential. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the progress. Niice
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

thanks!

i will definitely take into consideration pretty much all of what you said. actually alot of teh ideas you said have been in the original idea when i first thought of it!
        the first dirorted rhythm sounds kinda weird, i was playing to the metronome at 100bpm for and i should've definitely sped it up. it was just begging for it!
        i really liked the idea at 2:10 too, the Bb chord really made it hagve it's own certain mystique to it IMO
        the diatonic riff, is actually an idea i have for one of my other songs. but it's played in chords rather than single notes. it sounds really cool.
        the big climax part will sound very climatic( ) when we are able to put in all the other stuff liek vocals and keybaorda and bass. i know this sond is just begging for a guitar and keyboard solo(preferably a unison ) at least one point in teh song. once i get the progressive metal gear(ibanez with dimarzio's and mesa boggie mark 4 ) and we go into the studio for a demo i just know it'll sound flat out incredible.
        now i just gotta figure out solo's to this stuff.
        this is gonna be awesome live, i wanna see people mosh to an 8 minute song

thanks

Comment

holy crap!!!!!!!

i've never heard the song "pull me under" and i just downloaded it

this is too simliar

thing is that i wrote this way before i even heard of dream theater

Comment

That is pretty amazing, because your chord progression is very close to that song. I figured you were doing a little tribute or something. It's all good.
            Originally posted by Scott_F
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

actually, i wrote this intro way before i even heard of dream theater

the rest was writtne last week(which the rest has a big DT influence)

but, since the original idea for this song was to be played on a 7 string maybe i can still do that without people think im trying to copy them?

Comment

The intro actually reminds me of Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name....
                There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

damn't

more stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X