Comment

Re: Washburn N4 redo

good work ol mate.

Comment

Well flipin hell, that looks bang on!

Comment

Been playing it for a couple days now and it seems fine. I can bottom out the strings with the rod, so it works.

I have been trying hard to get thru so many of these old projects.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Nicely done buddy! What radius did you go with?
            87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              Nicely done buddy! What radius did you go with?
              12", same as stock. I wanted it to remain like factory. I no plan to sell it, but the price of the early "Davies" models have skyrocketed.
              -Chris

Comment

Nice, I like a 10-12” myself...
                Love the Kahler Steeler trem as well... Im assuming these pics were mid setup because your saddles are a little off... How’s she play?
                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

The intonation has been since tweaked, but it was close. I don’t know why, but some guitars get weird.

Plays great! I have the action a little lower than I normally run and I finally got the trem dialed in to return to zero. My guitar taste have drifted a bit snce I went thru several of these, but there is no denying they are great guitars.
                  -Chris

Comment

That really looks amazing...thanks for showing the in-process pics. I really love that kind of stuff!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've had a couple of N4s, no Davies but I hear they are sweet. Had a custom maple neck made for a padauk factory body I picked up, that was an awesome guitar, one that I wish I still had. Looks like the prices on all of those has gone up, at least since I last looked.
                      Last edited by devastone; 01-23-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

My lefty buddy has one and he wont get off of it but man I tell ya Id love to try it out!
                        Hows the neck profile on these? That would really be my only concern actually. That neck heel looks very comfy kinda reminds me of my Soloist which had a great feel as well.

Comment

Normal comfy C is how I would describe it. I can measure it later tonight (making dinner)
                          -Chris

Comment

Ok cool. Did you check the dc to see which pickup you have in it? It looks like it has some nice weight to it and they all gave me that impression but Ive been wrong on that too! Haha! I know what you mean about some guitar’s intonation being slighty askew at a glance, yet they’re dialed in as good as youd ever get...just caught my eye, I know you know your stuff.

Im wondering what neck you’re working on next. Maybe its a 700DX neck?

Comment

Nut width: 1.69"
                              Neck thickness @ 1st: .792"
                              Weight: 7.4#

Bridge DCR @jack: 11.54k
                              Neck DCR @jack: 7.33k
                              -Chris

Comment

That would be L500L territory.
                                Thanks for taking time to spec that out. Mine are all in the 8lb 4oz range so I was actually gonna guess yours was that much or more...

Comment

Working...
                                X