This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

Are they made by Duncan? Stores are now taking pre-orders for them.

EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

Re: EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

Good question....its under the EVH brand, I wonder if Fender is making it.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

OK, I guess the cat is out of the bag. I love NAMM week.

The version you referenced is made on our production floor. The Relic version is made in the SWD Custom Shop and is a very limited run of 500 units, making it an instant collector's item
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Ouch!

$150 for a floor pup, $5 dollars for Seymour and $145 for Ed?

So for $10 more, could one order the same pup (non-relic) from the CS and send $160 to Seymour?
        Last edited by Binnerscot; 01-12-2009, 04:57 PM.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

in a way this is kind of cool.... but is it really anything that special of a PU tone that can't be done on some stock Duncan models i wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
            Ouch!

$150 for a floor pup, $5 dollars for Seymour and $145 for Ed?

So for $10 more, could one order the same pup (non-relic) from the CS and send $160 to Seymour?
            Actually I thought pretty much the same.

"Hello Seymour, yeah I'd like the EVH bobbin only with an Alnico 8 magnet (so that it's not the EVH pickup).
            BTW, could you also send an A2 and A5 bars?"

Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

The Music Zoo is an authorized dealer for EVH Guitars, Amplifers, Pickups, Strings and Accessories. Shop all EVH items right here! $100 online US orders ship for free.

and if you go 3/4 the way down this page, you see the relic'd limited edition one....

Jason
              <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

What are the spec differences between a '78 / Evenly Voiced Harmonics / "yea, we knew for a long time what "EVH really meant" pickup and the new Frankenstein pickup?

Jason

Comment

hmmm, very close to ordering one of those relics....
                  proud member of caparisonforum.com

Comment

Seymour Duncan '78 Model
                    Magnet: Fully Charged Alnico 2
                    Wire: Plain Enamel
                    DCR: ~ 9.0K

EVH Frankenstein

Magnet: Degaussed Alnico 2
                    Wire: Poly
                    DCR: ~ 14K

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                      Seymour Duncan '78 Model
                      Magnet: Fully Charged Alnico 2
                      Wire: Plain Enamel
                      DCR: ~ 9.0K

EVH Frankenstein

Magnet: Degaussed Alnico 2
                      Wire: Poly
                      DCR: ~ 14K
                      hmm, so if the '78 is the start point of what becomes the frankenstein pup, it must have been rewound at some point with different wire (probably of a different gauge at some point) between what the '78 on the first VH album was, and the Frankenstein pup in its current state...

I think i'm reading too far into this

Comment

Originally posted by ganzosrevenge View Post
                        hmm, so if the '78 is the start point of what becomes the frankenstein pup, it must have been rewound at some point with different wire (probably of a different gauge at some point) between what the '78 on the first VH album was, and the Frankenstein pup in its current state...

I think i'm reading too far into this
                        Crazy EVH Theory #594537: The rumors about the Custom Custom being developed by or for EVH in the 80's, are in fact true. Over time, the CC's A2 magnet degaussed (or was degaussed originally, coming from a PAF). When Duncan checked out Frankie for making the replica pickup, they found the old CC in it. Wanting to capture its unique sound and knowing that poly wire would add to its character, the good people at SD wanted to make the ultimate degaussed CC. Evan tried to stop this nefariously perfect scheme from being hatched, and a fight ensued. Frank ended up pinning him under the Leesona winding machine and giving him a small burn with a nearby soldering iron, which Evan still has on his right butt cheek. Scarred and beaten, Evan fled knowing that he was unable to stop the creation of this monster pickup. Frank, Seymour, and MJ worked long into the night, cackling wildly as they wound the Frankie replica prototype humbucker: 14k, poly wire, and a degaussed A2 magnet.

I have no idea if it's true or not, but that's what I'm choosing to believe.
                        Zhang-aging: how to degauss and re-gauss pickups with a disc magnet

Comment

I was with you up until the part where Frank got the best of me in a fight... No way. No how.

Comment

i was with him too until the whole fight part. Is any of that truth? The frankie is a degaussed CC? and is the '78 what was ORIGINALLY in frankie?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                              I was with you up until the part where Frank got the best of me in a fight... No way. No how.
                              Don't worry Evan, you're the good guy in this one. And I'm sure Frank got a few shots in below the belt, so it's not like it was a fair fight.
                              Last edited by hanumanlangur; 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM.
                              Zhang-aging: how to degauss and re-gauss pickups with a disc magnet

Comment

Working...
                              X